Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShroom1119
Stranger
Which TEK is better?
    #605249 - 04/11/02 10:12 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

My jars are all colonized and i'm about to put them into my trays. I have read several ways but i dont know which one would work best. That's when you experienced people come in.

1. Mix vermiculite and soil/moisten and spread in tray. Next break up the contents of the jar (mycellin) and spread over the vermiculite and soil you just spread. Cover that layer with soil.

2. Carefully bang the jar so the contents of the jar are still intact. Lay on top of vermiculite

Which one should i do here. I haven't gone all this way to screw up now so your advice is greatly appreciated. Goodluck with all your grows!

Shroom1119

--------------------
[blue] There are two types of people in this world...Italians and everyone else who trys to be like them[/blue]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePeyotl
enthusiast
Loc: Everywhere But No Where
Re: Which TEK is better? [Re: Shroom1119]
    #605285 - 04/11/02 10:36 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

first off, nice signature.

sounds like your a rank newbie on this so i suggest keeping the cakes intact. you could prolly get away with the tray tek maybe, but go for the sure thing. you want at least 3 generations of cake exp under your belt before you jump onto other things. also, a straight up tray tek like your talkiing about never does well. if you want to collect plenty of spores, and eatmuch more mush stick with the cakes. a buddy of mine consistenly gets over an eighth a brf cake. more than enough for yourself. trays are best done with rye berries or finch seed substrates that spread qucker, and then cased with dung/zoodoo and compost [either dung or zoodoo. dont need both]. ive heard alot about potting soil casings and it seems very 60s. id do brf casing before a potting soil one. anyway have fun.

OfflineLSD_4me
addict
Re: Which TEK is better? [Re: Peyotl]
    #605399 - 04/11/02 12:44 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

a brf casing???? the casing layer is non-nutritive... and potting soil mix type casing works well thats what 50/50 is... what do you mean it seems really "60's" ?

Offlinebluhoney
Yes Im a realgirl ,geeesh
Female User Gallery

Re: Which TEK is better? [Re: Shroom1119]
    #605520 - 04/11/02 03:01 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Put a layer of DRY vermiculite in the bottom of the container. In theory this helps to keep any excess moisture from souring in the bottom by the vermiculites wicking action. Next break the cake up and spread it evenly across this layer. Now take a piece of plastic cut to the size of the container and put some small holes in it for air exchange and soak it in H2O2. Take it out of the H2O2 and put it on top of the pieces of cake in the tray. Put it in a warm dark place for a few more days to give the mycelia time to regroup. Then cover with a thin layer of  a casing mixture of your choice. Peatmoss and hydrated lime at a ratio of 10:1 will work well. Pasturize the casing in a 350 degree oven for 1  1/2 hours and let cool before applying.:)bluhoney 

--------------------
Information listed here is for entertainment only and is neither real or proven

OfflineSkankfeet
journeyman
Re: "60's" [Re: LSD_4me]
    #605751 - 04/11/02 08:13 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

please accept this post in the fun spirit it was intended. It is not meant as a flame

don't let it bother you...as you get older you will find many a young whippersnapper will view the good ol days as old and behind the times...we older folks know the truth because even after forgetting so much we still manage to function and still remember enough to teach the younguns. In other words: people who got started in the 60's forgot most of what they knew, then taught you.
potting soil works and works well, I suggest that you try it.

--------------------
I'm never SURE of anything

Edited by Skankfeet (04/11/02 08:27 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags