Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineliltarap55
Stranger
HOw long do dried shrooms stay 'good' ? * 1
    #604198 - 04/10/02 10:42 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

How long can I have a sandwich baggie of dried shrooms for and have them still hold their 'maximum potency'? I want to wait for a week to 'use' them. And I was wondering that if you eat some shrooms and trip, and then eat some more in a little bit, will you keep tripping? Is it better to eat them all at once, or half now and half later?
Thanks,
T

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: HOw long do dried shrooms stay 'good' ? [Re: liltarap55] * 1
    #604240 - 04/10/02 11:42 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

They will already have started to loose their maximum potency. The four killers are light, heat, moisture, and oxygen. The better you limit those four factors, the longer your fruit will last. A glass jar is better than a plastic bag. Your fridge is nice and cool and dark.

Just keep them in the fridge with the bag sealed tightly and you should be fine. You wont have lost enough to notice.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineBoneyDragon
    #604860 - 04/10/02 11:15 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Shrooms are surprisingly resilient, but you do have to take care of them. I kept some shrooms in double zip locs in a metal tin in a drawer for 7 months. I sold most of them, but the eighth I took definitely still had its kick. Just keep them in an airtight container in the dark.

As for dosage, IMO you are better taking them all at once because of the tolerance your body develops to psilocybin, but some people like to ease into trips and waste shrooms I suppose.

~BD

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #605196 - 04/11/02 09:20 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Hi, This is another case of reposting the same information over and over in this forum.

If the mushrooms are fresh. Never keep them in plastic baggies.

use paper. You can store them in a refrigerator for 7 to 10 days and they will stay fresh,

Dried musrhooms, i store properly can keep their potency for years.

one collection of liberty caps from England dating from 1851 were found to be as potent as shrooms picked in ORgon and Washing ton in 1977.

Keep them away from light and heat, although many use dehydrators with heat to dry their shrooms. I have a good method for drying and preserving shrooms which I still use today for edible mushrooms of course. check my shroom guide at http://mjshroomr.yage.net/species.html

mj

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag