Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleDexter_Morgan
Towlie's Mentor
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: higher than you
Al-Zawahri: Gulf, Israel Next Targets
    #6050103 - 09/11/06 04:21 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060911/D8K2NDBO2.html
Quote:

CAIRO, Egypt (AP) - Osama bin Laden's deputy warned that Persian Gulf countries and Israel would be al-Qaida's next targets, according to a new videotape aired by Arab broadcaster Al-Jazeera on Monday, the fifth anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks.

Ayman al-Zawahri accused the governments of Egypt, Jordan and Saudi Arabia of supporting Israel's war against Hezbollah in Lebanon.

Addressing the West, the al-Qaida No. 2 said: "You should not waste your time in reinforcing your troops in Iraq and Afghanistan because they are doomed to defeat and are already all but defeated."

"Instead, you have to reinforce your troops in two regions. First is the Gulf, where you will be thrown out after you are defeated in Iraq, at which point your economic ruin will be achieved," he said. "The second is Israel, because the jihad reinforcements are getting closer to it."
He also condemned the U.N. peacekeeping force now deploying in Lebanon under terms set out in a cease-fire resolution.

"What is so terrible in this resolution ... is that it approves the existence of the Jewish state and isolates our mujahedeen in Palestine from Muslims in Lebanon," he said in excerpts of the video aired on Al-Jazeera television.

"This is consecrated by the presence of international troops who are hostile to Islam," he said. "Anyone who accepts this resolution means that he accepts all these catastrophes."

In other portions of the tape aired by CNN earlier Monday, al-Zawahri urged Muslims to intensify their opposition to the United States and warned in general terms of new terror strikes.

"We have repeatedly warned you and offered a truce with you," al-Zawahri said, addressing Americans. "Now we have all the legal and rational justification to continue to fight you until your power is destroyed or you give in and surrender."

The video was not on any of the militant Web sites that usually carry messages and videos from al-Zawahri and other al-Qaida figures. As-Sahab, the terror network's media arm, had posted notices late Sunday that the video would be available.

It was the latest in a flurry of al-Qaida videos released ahead of the anniversary. But unlike the others, it appeared to be new with references to Israel's bombardment of Lebanon this summer and the capture of Israeli soldiers by Hezbollah and Palestinian militants in Gaza.

The video shows the Egyptian-born al-Zawahri dressed in white and seated in front of a wall of bookshelves as he is interviewed by an unseen person. The full video is an hour and 16 minutes, the stations said.

"Your leaders are hiding from you the true extent of the disaster," he said. "And the days are pregnant and giving birth to new events, with Allah's permission and guidance."

Al-Zawahri criticized the West for supplying Israel with weapons, and he called on the Islamic world "to rush with everything at its disposal to the aid of its Muslim brothers in Lebanon and Gaza."

Late Sunday, another video posted on the Internet, purportedly by al-Qaida, showed previously unseen footage of a smiling bin Laden and other commanders in a mountain camp apparently planning the Sept. 11 attacks on the United States.

That tape's documentary-like retrospective of the five years since the attacks was unusually long - 91 minutes, split into two segments - and sophisticated in its production quality, compared with previous al-Qaida videos. The footage - with English subtitles - surfaced on the eve of the fifth anniversary of the attacks, on a Web site that frequently airs messages from bin Laden's terror network.

"Planning for Sept. 11 did not take place behind computer monitors or radar screens, nor inside military command and control centers, but was surrounded with divine protection in an atmosphere brimming with brotherliness ... and love for sacrificing life," an unidentified narrator said.

The video released Sunday, stamped with the emblem of As-Sahab, al-Qaida's media branch, was titled "Knowledge is For Acting Upon: The Manhattan Raid."

It showed the al-Qaida leader meeting with colleagues in a mountain camp believed to be in Afghanistan, as well as video clips of Vice President Dick Cheney defending his old job at the oil company Halliburton, and President Bush at his inauguration. Other scenes show training at the camp, with masked militants doing martial arts kicks and practicing hiding and pulling out knives.

It included the last testament of two of the Sept. 11 hijackers, Wail al-Shehri and Hamza al-Ghamdi, and showed bin Laden strolling in the camp, greeting followers.

"Among the devout group which responded to the order of Allah and order of his messenger were the heroes of Sept. 11, who wrote with the ink of their blood the greatest pages of modern history," the narrator said, referring to the hijackers who flew planes into the Pentagon and World Trade Center.

Al-Shehri and al-Ghamdi were each shown speaking to the camera, their image superimposed over background pictures of the crumbling World Trade Center towers and the burning Pentagon, as well as a model of a passenger jet.

They both spoke of how Muslims must stand up to fight back against the West.

"If we are content with being humiliated and inclined to comfort, the tooth of the enemy will stretch from Jerusalem to Mecca, and then everyone will regret on a day when regret is of no use," al-Ghamdi said.

The two videotaped final statements had never been seen before.

Al-Shehri was on American Flight 11, which was the first to hit the World Trade Center. Al-Ghamdi was on United Flight 175, which hit the second tower.

In the footage, bin Laden wore a dark robe and white headdress, and was shown sitting alongside his former lieutenant Mohammed Atef and Ramzi Binalshibh, another suspected planner of the Sept. 11 attacks.

Atef, also known as Abu Hafs al-Masri, was killed by a U.S. airstrike on Afghanistan in 2001. Binalshibh was captured four years ago in Pakistan and is currently in U.S. custody, and last week Bush announced plans to put him on military trial.

Bin Laden was shown expressing his appreciation for the Taliban, the Islamic regime that ran Afghanistan and gave refuge to al-Qaida until the U.S.-led invasion toppled them in late 2001.

The video showed events up to 10 years before the Sept. 11 attacks - U.S. troops in Saudi Arabia during the 1991 Gulf War and bin Laden preaching to followers after the 1998 attacks on U.S. embassies in Kenya and Sudan. It also showed events afterward including a man in an orange jumpsuit at the U.S. prison in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

It was unclear when the tape was made, or how soon before the Sept. 11 attacks the footage of bin Laden was recorded.

Good news for the West? Muslim infighting?

--------------------
Uncleluke, getting his assbeat, then he tries to delete it
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6355469#Post6355469
Tomato-Faced Banez
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5933438#Post5933438
Dexter's Thesaurus
beer = guinness
smoke = vaporize
pubers = reasons to be pro-choice

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

Re: Al-Zawahri: Gulf, Israel Next Targets [Re: Dexter_Morgan]
    #6050148 - 09/11/06 04:37 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Edit: Nevermind, I was thinking of something else. This could be a good thing for the West, but I am not to sure.

Hey downforpot, if they will attack fellow Muslim countries for supporting Israel/not supporting Hammas/Hezbollah, then what would they do to Western countries who GIVE Israel all their money/weapons/technology/land. IE a means to carry out these reprehensible attacks on innocent civilians.

No, Islam hates us because of our freedom.  :rolleyes:

--------------------
Capliberty:

"I'll blow the hinges off your freakin doors with my trips, level 5 been there, I personally like x, bud, acid and shroom oj, altogether, do that combination, and you'll meet some morbid figures, lol
Hell yeah I push the limits and hell yeah thats fucking cool, dope, bad ass and all that, I'm not changing shit, I'm cutting to to the chase and giving u shroom experience report. Real trippers aren't afraid to go beyond there comfort zone "

:rofl:

Edited by alpharedecho (09/11/06 04:46 PM)

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: Al-Zawahri: Gulf, Israel Next Targets [Re: Hank, FTW]
    #6050550 - 09/11/06 06:23 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

alpharedecho said:
Edit: Nevermind, I was thinking of something else. This could be a good thing for the West, but I am not to sure.

Hey downforpot, if they will attack fellow Muslim countries for supporting Israel/not supporting Hammas/Hezbollah, then what would they do to Western countries who GIVE Israel all their money/weapons/technology/land. IE a means to carry out these reprehensible attacks on innocent civilians.

No, Islam hates us because of our freedom.  :rolleyes:

Actually those countries do not support Israel but they recognize its existence and have peacefull relations. So basically they won't attack Israel and Israel won't bomb the shit out of them. See, it's pretty fuckin simple. Just recognize Israel, establish peaceful relations and you won't get bombed.

And America never gave land to Israel. Why do you keep lying and saying that America gave Israel land? You keep forgetting that ARABS sold Israel that land. The only land that they should never have had was West Bank and Gaza which will be returned.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

Edited by downforpot (09/11/06 06:35 PM)

InvisibleDexter_Morgan
Towlie's Mentor
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: higher than you
Re: Al-Zawahri: Gulf, Israel Next Targets [Re: downforpot]
    #6051391 - 09/11/06 10:10 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

downforpot said:
The only land that they should never have had was West Bank and Gaza which will be returned.

SO, Israel is going to move out of all its newly built West Bank settlements? Why build them in the first place?

--------------------
Uncleluke, getting his assbeat, then he tries to delete it
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6355469#Post6355469
Tomato-Faced Banez
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5933438#Post5933438
Dexter's Thesaurus
beer = guinness
smoke = vaporize
pubers = reasons to be pro-choice

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
    #6051909 - 09/12/06 12:55 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ShroomDr said:
Quote:

downforpot said:
The only land that they should never have had was West Bank and Gaza which will be returned.

SO, Israel is going to move out of all its newly built West Bank settlements? Why build them in the first place?

So they can't move out of the settlements or at least some of them? Why build them in the first place? You do know that policies do change over time?

--------------------

Then shot in his head

OfflineMicrocosmatrix
Spiral staircasetechnician
Male

Loc: Ythan's house
    #6051916 - 09/12/06 12:59 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

All the jews should have just followed the Dead years ago. Who needs a state when you've got Jerry and lots of LSD? :gd_icon: :lol:

--------------------
:orly:

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#6051979 - 09/12/06 01:20 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

you have to reinforce your troops in two regions. First is the Gulf, where you will be thrown out after you are defeated in Iraq, at which point your economic ruin will be achieved

Does anyone think he is bluffing about the prospect of economic ruin?

Obviously they cannot defeat us militarily, but what about economically?
Given that the attacks on 9/11 were aimed at our economic center.

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

OfflineMicrocosmatrix
Male

Re: Al-Zawahri: Gulf, Israel Next Targets [Re: zorbman]
    #6052011 - 09/12/06 01:28 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

zorbman said:
you have to reinforce your troops in two regions. First is the Gulf, where you will be thrown out after you are defeated in Iraq, at which point your economic ruin will be achieved

Na, how the fuck can they possibly "throw us out"? Throw more rocks at our tanks? Of course they're bluffing, they hold no cards.

--------------------

Invisiblequiver
freedrug
Male

Re: Al-Zawahri: Gulf, Israel Next Targets [Re: Microcosmatrix]
    #6052018 - 09/12/06 01:29 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

well not if you don't count the joker

--------------------

OfflineMicrocosmatrix
Male

Re: Al-Zawahri: Gulf, Israel Next Targets [Re: quiver]
    #6052023 - 09/12/06 01:31 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Bin Ladin is the Joker!!! Now it all makes sense!!! Batman we need you!!!

--------------------

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#6052068 - 09/12/06 01:42 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Na, how the fuck can they possibly "throw us out"? Throw more rocks at our tanks? Of course they're bluffing, they hold no cards.

Read my post again.

I am talking economic "defeat".
Consider it carefully before you answer.

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

OfflineMycoViator
Stranger
    #6052082 - 09/12/06 01:44 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

zorbman said:

Taken a look at our national debt lately?

OfflineMicrocosmatrix
Male

#6052132 - 09/12/06 01:59 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

If we don't like the cost we can use nukes. Much cheaper.

--------------------

Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

#6052146 - 09/12/06 02:07 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

If we don't like the cost we can use nukes.

If we were dealing with a nation-state.

This is terrorism, remember?

Small groups widely dispersed..

Ah forget it, there's no thinking going on here. Why bother?

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
    #6053757 - 09/12/06 04:54 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Kennedy Slams Zawahiri for Politicizing 9/11

by Scott Ott

(2006-09-12) — Sen. Edward M. Kennedy, D-MA, today harshly criticized al Qaeda deputy Ayman al-Zawahiri for using this week’s commemoration of the 5th anniversary of the 9/11 terror attacks to release a video aimed at garnering support for the increasingly-unpopular war in Iraq.

The Massachusetts senator rejected Mr. Zawahiri’s attempt to link Iraq with the global terrorism battle, and called the speech video, aired on CNN, “cynically political.”

“The notion,” he said, “that there is somehow some connection between what happens in Baghdad and Boston, or even in Beirut is nothing but rhetoric meant to keep people afraid so that Zawahiri and bin Laden can maintain their grip on power.”

Sen. Kennedy also faulted Mr. Zawahiri for “violating the wall between church and state” by including the name of Allah in his pronouncements, and leaving the impression that “anyone who doesn’t believe like us is wrong.”

“The intolerance and arrogance of the man make me embarrassed to call myself an Earthling,” Mr. Kennedy said. “Zawahiri is almost as bad as President Bush.”

http://www.scrappleface.com/?p=2331

Phred

--------------------

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
    #6055645 - 09/13/06 01:07 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

zorbman said:

And our economy rebounded after we were hit.

--------------------

Then shot in his head

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
    #6055771 - 09/13/06 01:47 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Military and Economically Al Qaeda can defeat us. They exploit our own weaknesses in security and use it against us. Also their decentralized nature makes it highly undetectable for sleeper agents to execute attacks.

As far as Iraq and Afghanistan is going our ridiculous tactics will only stabilize the insurgency, Our constant aerial strikes usually destroy civilians and their infrastructure which only further contributes to the insurgency. Our military will send a airstrike blow up some village, then they analyze the devestation and the next minute you hear on the news "90 taliban were killed today in Tora Bora"

Same exact shit they used to do in Vietnam. Seems like Iraq has become the major sideshow and it has given leverage to terrorists and other rouge nations who know our vulnerabilities.

Al Qaeda in Iraq (Mujahadin shura council) has pretty much dissapeared from Iraq now and it seems to me the largest of the fighting factions are Iraqi's instead of foreigners. This is a very bad sign because these people are more motivated. Guerrilla's in Iraq have gotten very smart and it seems the Taliban is following suit.

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: Al-Zawahri: Gulf, Israel Next Targets [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #6055813 - 09/13/06 02:01 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

It seems to me that the Iraqis are more interested in killing eachother than the US troops.

--------------------

Then shot in his head

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
    #6055829 - 09/13/06 02:07 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

downforpot said:
It seems to me that the Iraqis are more interested in killing eachother than the US troops.

Well their is 6 major factions fightin in Iraq, all of em have various objectives. The fighting between Iraqi's in Baghdad are primarily death squads, Shia's and Sunnis revenge killings.

However the Sunni controlled insurgency in the Anbar province has already suceeded in politically pushing out coalition forces, and is now under complete control of the Insurgency.

When people figure out how screwed up shit is over in Iraq it will be too late to do anything.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

General Interest >> Political Discussion