Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinerain_angel
EnLigHTenD MiNDRancHeR
Loc: Next door to you
Confusing incubation chamber!!!
    #604594 - 04/10/02 07:35 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Hello, i just inculated jars for the first time yesterday, and im worried i may not have a good chamber for them to stay in! i created a incubation chamber, like the one in pf-tek for dummies, trying to follow it step by step. but i have a few problems that im conserened (spelling) about, and was wondering if one of you wise gurus could help me!
1. im not sure if i have enough water in my bucket, i first put in water over the jars, and tryed to place the bucket on there, but there wasnt anyway for the bucket to lay on the jars, so i had to pull all the water out, till it was level with the jars! is that right? i see in the tek, it tells u 2/3 of the bucket, is that so water can go up on the sides when you push the bucket down?? if so, i cant seem to get that right! i have em on the jars, and some water under it but thats about it.
2. my fishtank heater doesnt fully heat my tank up to 80-85 degress! i have it up on the highest setting, but it seems like its just not doing it. is there anything i can do to raise the temp a bit, its about in the upper 70s. also, when i check the temp, to a leave a thermometer in the top bucket, so i can see the temp the jars are in too?
And a final question: do i need to do anything to the jars while they are in there, like pull out co2, or stick a small air filter in there or anything? will that help em any? ok thanks for the help, i look forward to hearing from someone!
peace
hatch

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblepuscle
genius of love
Loc: NY
Re: Confusing incubation chamber!!! [Re: rain_angel]
    #604605 - 04/10/02 07:57 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

1) You're OK.
2) Upper 70's is warm enuf.
3) Just let them do their thing.

OfflineLSD_4me
addict
Re: Confusing incubation chamber!!! [Re: puscle]
    #604616 - 04/10/02 08:12 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

lots of people dont even use incubators so chill out your fine

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #604953 - 04/11/02 03:54 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

>is that so water can go up on the sides when you push the bucket down??
Yes, when the bucket is loaded with jars, it will sink and force the water to rise.If then the water begins to pour out, you used too much water.

>if so, i cant seem to get that right! i have em on the jars, and some water under it but thats about it.

Well..... You heat water with the heater and you want this warm water to be in contact with the upper bucket. The easiest was is if the bucket floars in this warm water, the spacers basicaly only prevent it to touch the heater.
When the upper bucket is completely empty, it will likely float, but this doesn?t matter, it?s still in direct contact with water.
When it?s loaded with jars, it will sink and come to rest on the spacers. Off course you could bind the 2 buckets together somehow, so they upper bucket is resting on the spaces even when empty....

Anonymous

Re: Confusing incubation chamber!!! [Re: Anno]
    #605417 - 04/11/02 03:03 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Try wrapping your incubator with a thick blanket to help keep the heat in. Or just set the blanket on top of your incubator/jars

Offlinerain_angel
EnLigHTenD MiNDRancHeR
Re: Confusing incubation chamber!!! [Re: ]
    #605699 - 04/11/02 09:24 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

cool thanks for the help guys. anno, im not sure if i understand what you are saying, if i put water in above the risers, then it just floats on the top, and it wont let me push it down, because there isnt any room with my buckets, for the water to go up the sides. so do i just put em in there, and let it float, and it will eventually push the water down, or what? i also have thermometer in there, and it is reading about 82 f, so i would imagine that is enough, since the jars are alittle warmer, putting it around 85 or so. so if its that temp, should i still try to get the water on the sides of it, or just leave it like it is? ok thanks for the help you guys.
peace
hatch

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #605967 - 04/12/02 02:45 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Just leave it as it is. As long the upper bucket is in contact with the warm water(=is floating) it?s ok.

Offlinerain_angel
EnLigHTenD MiNDRancHeR
Re: Confusing incubation chamber!!! [Re: Anno]
    #606210 - 04/12/02 10:56 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

hell yea, thanks anno. i am starting to see a little germanation already :smile: hope it keeps up!
peace
hatch 

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation