Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Autoclave, Coir, Hot Plate, Oyster Shell, pH Test Strips, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinebigkingjc
chillin.
Male

noob questions *DELETED*
    #6045160 - 09/09/06 11:56 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by bigkingjc

Reason for deletion: im cool

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblekintos
Stranger
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: noob questions [Re: bigkingjc]
    #6045214 - 09/10/06 12:16 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

i personaly would recommend a strain like cambodians or z because i think they grow a bit faster. also you might wanna try doing a liquid culture to get the jars colonised faster. i know with my first time (almost over just got pins) the hardest part was waiting for colonization. also a tub in tub incubator would be nice.

--------------------

Invisiblenishikkiknee
journeyman
    #6045253 - 09/10/06 12:27 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Hey hows it going,?
gonna do grain ? you gotta get a pressure cooker/autoclave if you don't you will be sorry.

Offlinenewmodel
The Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Around the 10,000 lakes.
    #6045264 - 09/10/06 12:29 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

BigKingJC~

The best casing method is pretty subjective. There are many people who use Cocoa Coir and Verm, like the 40/60 tek>>>

http://www.shroomery.org/index.php/par/23536

However, many people do not like Cocoa Coir as a casing because of it's acidity (PH level) so some people usually add lime or oyster shells to stabilize the PH level. However the PH of Coir is 5.7-6.3 which is a suitable PH that does not really have to be stabilized. But again, that is based on experience, technique, and preference.

Here is a 50/50 tek:

http://www.shroomery.org/index.php/par/7977

As far as the 1q jars go, you could get away with one syringe by inoculating the jars with only 0.5-0.6 cc each. There are people who have had success with as little as that, probably less. However, I would get 2 syringes and inject 1-1.5 cc each (maybe even 2) just to be safe. It will also speed up your colonization times. REMEMBER: if you are going to spawn them to something get the same strain, if you mix 2 different strains they will compete for th nutrients. Also REMEMBER: to shake the syringe before using it (with the little plastic screw-thing still in).

I am not too sure if you want to mess with using some colonized mycelium to colonize other Rye jars. However, you are welcome to look into it because some of the teks make it extremely easy. I do not have too much experience with LC however, even without proper knowledge myself, I would recommend if anything you try that. LC is basically where you grow mycelium in a liquid medium. Here is a tek to look at, I hear it is very easy and very successful:

http://www.shroomery.org/index.php/par/8005

I would either try it with LC or for my first time go with the syringe inoculation. A more experienced member may give you better advice. With transferring the myc. you may run into contamination so another way where you can avoid unnecessary exposure would be better.

I would highly recommend investing in a pressure cooker, especially if you are going to continue this hobby, and especially if you continue with WBS, grain, or rye. Hell, with anything; I would just recommend that you get your hands on one. When you soak grains it is to germinate unwanted endospores that are very heat resistant (and pressure cooking alone may not kill them all). Thus, once soaked these endospores are easier susceptible to heat.
However, boiling alone may no do the trick. I have never boiled grain alone and would not recommend it but someone else may have great success and may tell you otherwise. I rather be safe than sorry. Also, when you say boil the grain, do you mean boil alone or boil in the jars to sterilize it? There is an extra step to simmering the grain ti achieve a proper water content. Some avoid this step because soaking may be enough. Again, I rather do it just to be safe but "to each his own." I cannot really answer about boiling being enough because I am not sure. I wouldn't count on it.

Best of luck, I hope you gain positive experience and knowledge in this community.

Peace,

I.T. :smile:

--------------------
A man that comes to the door is never quite the same man who went out.

Freedom is something that dies unless it's used

OfflineBabo911
Pooper Scooper
 User Gallery

Loc: Arizona Bay
Re: noob questions [Re: kintos]
    #6045271 - 09/10/06 12:32 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

First off welcome to the site :smile: You will find people here are very helpful given you have done your homework prior to asking any questions.

First and foremost you NEED a PC to do grains, hands down....

Hope this doesn't ruin your fun my dude. There are many ways to have great success with no PC required. The PF tek all you need is boiling water... then you can fruit off the cakes or go bulk.

As far as B+ goes, there a little on the slow side but you will find that all cubes act about the same in the end. It is all a mater of what you are doing.

1 spore syringe can go along way.... 1 spore syringe can last you a life time and a half if used correctly (you technically would only have to use one drop)

Any questions PM me and I should be able to answer most if not all your questions

--------------------

Ronhero on the Growery is me

Offlinebigkingjc
chillin.
Male

Re: noob questions [Re: Babo911]
    #6045372 - 09/10/06 01:06 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

wow thanks for all the quick responses guys...ok so i need to get a pressure cooker asap.As for the best strain for me to attempt for my first try...what else do u guys personally reccomend besides cambodians and z's? I was recently reading up on some pages regarding sclerotia and it kinda interested me. Have any of you attempted Mexicana A?i know it would proly take average of 3 to 4 months to cultivate these.Maybe i will try two different strains...thats a thought. Anyone have any ideas?

Offlineautographguys
ticketmaster
 User Gallery

Loc: NE
    #6045716 - 09/10/06 03:18 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Gulf Coast are some mean bloomers. So are the Cambos. Both are way better than the B+. B+ are big and look nice but I dont think they pack that punch you want.

Taz & GT are also a great potent strains. Get some Hpoo thats what kicks them all up a notch.

Offlinenewmodel
The Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Around the 10,000 lakes.
Re: noob questions [Re: autographguys]
    #6045871 - 09/10/06 05:13 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

~:)~

For my first time I like Gulf Coast and Cambodian. Golf Coast did well with contaminations and was fairly good overall. Camboadians are fast to colonize...really fast. Or so it seeems to me :wink: .... It will most likely takes less than 3 months, perhaps even less than 2. You are doing it with rye or grain. My grain batch that I just inoculated a week ago is more than 50% colonized. It wil also depend on the strain and the enviornment that you incubate them in. I usually do 80-85 and it works great. Anyway, goodluck with everything and WELCOME to the community.

Peace,

I.T.

--------------------
A man that comes to the door is never quite the same man who went out.

Freedom is something that dies unless it's used

Invisiblegema
Freedom from the Known

Loc: t(here)
    #6045920 - 09/10/06 05:50 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

First get a pc.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Autoclave, Coir, Hot Plate, Oyster Shell, pH Test Strips, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain, Vermiculite, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation