Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Flowering Cannabis before preflowers
    #6044335 - 09/09/06 03:43 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Well, ive been vegging my plants for too long, i want to keep them a bit smaller then what ive been seeing. So, i wanted to know what everyone's opinion was on flowering your plants before preflowers show. What height do you prefer? I have a cabinet with 7ft in height, but i want to only use about 5 to give my plants a break from the heat. My current grow got a bit fucked because the plants stretched like elastic in a short time.

My next question is when should i start flowering my clones? I have a bunch right now that are about 4-5 inches tall and im trying to get a cycle going where im harvesting a few plants every month. Im hoping to harvest a qp a month with about 4-5 plants per grow.

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDexter_Morgan
Towlie's Mentor
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: higher than you
Re: Flowering Cannabis before preflowers [Re: coda]
    #6045625 - 09/10/06 02:27 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
Well, ive been vegging my plants for too long, i want to keep them a bit smaller then what ive been seeing.  So, i wanted to know what everyone's opinion was on flowering your plants before preflowers show.  What height do you prefer?  I have a cabinet with 7ft in height, but i want to only use about 5 to give my plants a break from the heat.  My current grow got a bit fucked because the plants stretched like elastic in a short time.

My next question is when should i start flowering my clones?  I have a bunch right now that are about 4-5 inches tall and im trying to get a cycle going where im harvesting a few plants every month.  Im hoping to harvest a qp a month with about 4-5 plants per grow.

I am doing the exact same thing.  I just built another cabinet, so i now have 3.
One will be deticated to vegging, and a place for the cloning.
The other two are for flowering, but staggered 4 weeks apart.

I have not yet completed one of my cycles, but my plan is:
Have a plant with preflowers showing (two hairs) take 2 clones, wait a week, and introduce it to the flowering room.  The only reason for waiting the week, is to let the plant recover.

If both clones survived, kill the weakest one, and veg the other.  I plan on vegging this clone for 4 weeks, and Low Stress Training the hell out of it.  At about 3 weeks, take your two clones, wait a week, and fire up the other flowering cabinet.

Keep one clone and veg for 4 weeks LSTing.  By this time your first harvest should be done. Just harvest, and add your LST'ed plant.

Since I'm vegging for ever, and it would not really be benifical for me to veg for a shorter time period, I'm pretty sure one plant per cabinet will be plenty.

I'm using T5's to veg, and i have only 1 250WHPS atm.  I esitemate I yeilded about 2.5oz off of this light, and I'm SURE I could have done better.

----------
I'm also semi-confused how you could be vegging for so long, but not seeing any preflowers? :confused:  Are you talking about from seed?  You can't flower any faster than they will show preflowers.
Every clone Ive seen (only of the female variety, albeit) showed sex, so I think you have to be talking about from seed.

Invisibleperuvian spark
Stranger

#6046283 - 09/10/06 12:09 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I like to flower my clones 2 weeks after showing roots. Usually they are 3-4 inches tall when I put them in the flowering room. They only grow to about a foot tall when they are done and I harvest around 1/4 ounce off each plant. I flower about 10 at a time so I can harvest around 2.5 ounces every 10 weeks.

Sometimes after taking cuttings I'll flower out a mother so that I have some bushes growing along with the cuttings. I just set them on crates behind the hydro table. The shorter they are when you force them the shorter they will be at maturity. I've had sativa strains that grew two feet before they even began to show flowers.

So to answer your question, I like to start flowering my plants when they are nice and short to prevent a lot of stretching. It sounds like you've got a lot of headspace to work with so you could probably grow some really tall and bushy plants in there. I just like to keep them small so I don't have so much trimming and manicuring to do.

--------------------
"The only unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain and everything is changeable."

Offlinecoda
Banjo Goiter
Male

Re: Flowering Cannabis before preflowers [Re: peruvian spark]
    #6046472 - 09/10/06 01:49 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Well i went and LST'ed all plants that were able last night. I was able to sex the chronic plants i have going and removed three males and kept two females. Im looking to harvest a bit more then 1/4 oz per clone so i guess i have to wait a bit longer then you. I'll probably end up flowering when they hit a ft in height and go from there. Hopefully this LST will help a bunch with the height problems and secondary problems ive been having. My mother plant has been LST'ed and it looks fantastic (so good in fact that im tempted to flower it).

I want to throw in one of the chronic plants i have but my problem with it is its all stem, there is hardly any secondary growth at all. Out of all those plants the crappiest looking ones ended up being female (go figure).

--------------------
To get really high is to forget yourself. And to forget yourself is to see everything else. And to see everything else is to become an understanding molecule in evolution, a conscious tool of the universe. And I think every human being should be a conscious tool of the universe. . . .

-JG

i really am glad you came back to us instead of taking the other path. *hug*

-A_S (RIP your final words to me will never be forgotten)

Don't fuck with the laughing jesus.

InvisibleDexter_Morgan
Towlie's Mentor
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: higher than you
    #6054610 - 09/12/06 08:38 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Hey coda, FYI
This is my LST day 1

This is 31 days later

This is why i only need one plant a month

But i got enough room for 2 buckets in all my cabinets  :shocked:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden