Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleLuddite
I watch Fox News
 User Gallery

Islam is the most Warlike Religion
    #6042337 - 09/08/06 07:41 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Islam is the most Warlike Religion

Islam creates a lot of problems, even in Denmark. Moderate Muslims are afraid to speak out with critical observations of their religion, and a Jewish man was attacked for reading from the Koran. Since the murder of the Islam critical Dutch film director Theo van Gogh, Danish artists are fearful of criticising Islam.

However, Denmark is still probably the one Western country with the most open, critical debate about Islam and Muslim immigration. The following is my translation of an article from Danish where a researcher has spent three years analyzing the original texts of ten different religions, from Christianity to Sikhism, and concluded that the Islamic texts were by far the most warlike. It thus proves what many of us "lunatics" have been saying all along, that Islam itself, not "misinterpretations", is the problem. I include a link to the original article, which was published in Jyllandsposten, Denmark's largest newspaper, on the 10th of September 2005:

Islam er den mest krigeriske religion

Islam is the most Warlike religion

A Danish language researcher has spent over three years analyzing the original texts of ten different religions, and concludes that the Islamic texts stand out by encouraging terror and violence to a larger degree than other religions do. Four years after the terror attacks at the World Trade Center, Danish linguist Tina Magaard presents an analysis that questions Islam’s relationship with terror, violence and Holy War.

Islamic texts encourage terror and fighting to a far larger degree than the original texts of other religions, concludes Tina Magaard. She has a PhD in Textual Analysis and Intercultural Communication from the Sorbonne in Paris, and has spent three years on a research project comparing the original texts of ten religions. “The texts in Islam distinguish themselves from the texts of other religions by encouraging violence and aggression against people with other religious beliefs to a larger degree. There are also straightforward calls for terror. This has long been a taboo in the research into Islam, but it is a fact that we need to deal with," says Tina Magaard. Moreover, there are hundreds of calls in the Koran for fighting against people of other faiths. “If it is correct that many Muslims view the Koran as the literal words of God, which cannot be interpreted or rephrased, then we have a problem. It is indisputable that the texts encourage terror and violence. Consequently, it must be reasonable to ask Muslims themselves how they relate to the text, if they read it as it is," says Tina Magaard.

The Copenhagen imams Ahmed Abu Laban and Abdul Wahid Petersen are greatly upset by the analysis presented by the linguist. Abu Laban: “I don’t want to confine myself to a single stupid, prejudiced and dishonest researcher. Why waste time on somebody who wants to create twisted ideas about Islam?” Abdul Wahid Petersen calls the analysis ”academic nonsense": ”You cannot single out quotes and conclude the way she does. Most verses in the Koran should be viewed within a specific historical context and cannot be generalized. If there are so many calls for violence, then why haven’t Muslims wiped out people of different faiths in the societies where Muslims make up the majority? Because we do not read the Koran that way.”

Imam Ahmed Abu Laban, who claims that critics of Islam are "prejudiced", earlier this year advocated using the Islamic concept of blood money to pay the equivalent of 100 camels for a man's life. Here is my post about this:

Camel Economics

Two men have been killed in street shootings in a row involving a group of second generation immigrants in Copenhagen. Integration Minister Hvilshøj rejected a proposal from Imam Abu Laban that blood money be paid to the family of a man who was killed. According to the Imam, the thirst for revenge could be cooled if 200,000 kroner were paid either by the family of the doorman who fired the shots or by the Islamic community. He said the practice of paying blood money to the family of a deceased person was normal in Muslim societies. Meanwhile there is growing fear amongst politicians that the immigrant environment in the Nørrebro area in Copenhagen, which has been unofficially declared an “Islamic state” by some of its residents, is developing into a parallel society where ancient traditions threaten Danish law.

200,000 Danish kroner is approximately the value of 100 camels. Some baffled commentators at first thought it was said tongue-in-cheek when Imam Abu Laban wanted the equivalent of 100 camels to be paid for a man’s life. That’s probably not the case. The number of 100 camels is based on the example of Muhammad himself, as recorded in sound hadith. Even though camels are the basic unit for calculating blood money, many jurists stipulate that you can pay an amount equal to the worth of 100 camels in other livestock, silver, gold or even cash. Imam Abu Laban in Denmark is thus on perfectly sound Islamic grounds in claiming that 200.000 Danish kroner, equal to 100 camels, should be paid to the family of the deceased.

Muslims make up less than 4 % of the population in Denmark, one of the toughest countries in Western Europe when it comes to confronting Islam. The fact that many of them, some even born and raised in the country, can still flaunt such blatant disregard for the most fundamental principles of our society should have alarm bells ringing all over Europe. Time is long overdue for some brutal honesty: Islam cannot coexist with Western society. All its basic tenets are hostile to every single idea on which liberal democracy and Western civilization are founded. Islamic culture cannot be integrated into the West any more than fire can be integrated with water. If Muslim immigration is allowed to continue, Muslim parallel societies will destroy our countries from within. We need to face this painful truth and act accordingly, or lights will soon go out over much of Europe.

http://fjordman.blogspot.com/2005/09/islam-is-most-warlike-religion.html

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLuddite
I watch Fox News
 User Gallery

Re: Islam is the most Warlike Religion [Re: Luddite]
    #6042406 - 09/08/06 08:17 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
    #6042426 - 09/08/06 08:25 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

whatever you say.. :rolleyes:

--------------------

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
Re: Islam is the most Warlike Religion [Re: AlteredAgain]
    #6042428 - 09/08/06 08:27 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

or more correctly said, whatever the author you agree with says. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

--------------------

Invisibledaytripper23
?
Male

Loc: Flag
    #6042840 - 09/08/06 11:20 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

The only religion i can think of that doesnt cause wars and violence is buddhism.

Organized religion is pretty fucked i think. their are good people with good intentions in every one of them though.

--------------------
Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
  The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
  The frumious Bandersnatch!

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

#6043012 - 09/09/06 12:46 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

you Jewish?

Think for yourself, I have nothing against average Jews, but these Zionist are destroying our planet(along with others) IMO.

--------------------
Capliberty:

"I'll blow the hinges off your freakin doors with my trips, level 5 been there, I personally like x, bud, acid and shroom oj, altogether, do that combination, and you'll meet some morbid figures, lol
Hell yeah I push the limits and hell yeah thats fucking cool, dope, bad ass and all that, I'm not changing shit, I'm cutting to to the chase and giving u shroom experience report. Real trippers aren't afraid to go beyond there comfort zone "

:rofl:

OfflineBasilides
Servent ofWisdom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Crown and Heart
Re: Islam is the most Warlike Religion [Re: Hank, FTW]
    #6043019 - 09/09/06 12:48 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I don't think anyone is capable of destroying the planet other than humanity as a whole.

--------------------

"Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

Invisibledownforpot
Stranger
Male
Re: Islam is the most Warlike Religion [Re: daytripper23]
    #6044096 - 09/09/06 12:05 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

daytripper23 said:
The only religion i can think of that doesnt cause wars and violence is buddhism.

Organized religion is pretty fucked i think. their are good people with good intentions in every one of them though.

Are you sure you want to say that Buddhism is non violent? LOL. You see look around the net and see how non violent Buddhism was in the past.

Quote:

Basilides said:
I don't think anyone is capable of destroying the planet other than humanity as a whole.

Yes but there is a tendency to blame everything on the jews. The plague that killed millions in Europe was blamed on the Jews. Thousands of Jews were killed by Europeans because they thought the Jews caused the plague. Then you have the Nazis that blamed the poor German economy on the Jews. So yea, if there's a problem the Jews will always be there as a scapegoat.

--------------------

http://www.myspace.com/4th25

"And I don't care if he was handcuffed
Then shot in his head
All I know is dead bodies
Can't fuck with me again"

Edited by downforpot (09/09/06 12:07 PM)

OfflineAndy21
Armchairanarchist

Re: Islam is the most Warlike Religion [Re: downforpot]
    #6044140 - 09/09/06 12:26 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

It is not 'the Jews' who are making the lives of Palestinians hell, it is Israel. Many Jews are opposed to the way Israel behaves. They use Judaism as a weapon, silencing criticism with claims of anti semitism. These people are Jews in name only, in much the same way as Bush and Blair are Christians. You cannot cause death and then claim to be a Christian, the bible is fairly clear on that.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Islam is the most Warlike Religion [Re: Andy21]
    #6044145 - 09/09/06 12:28 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I don't think you have any authority to determine who meets the criteria for a Jew or a Christian.

OfflineAndy21
Armchairanarchist

Re: Islam is the most Warlike Religion [Re: Redstorm]
    #6044176 - 09/09/06 12:38 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Sorry, I thought both these religions took a fairly staunch anti-murder stance.

InvisibleDexter_Morgan
Towlie's Mentor
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: higher than you
    #6044183 - 09/09/06 12:42 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

alpharedecho said:
you Jewish?

Think for yourself, I have nothing against average Jews, but these Zionist are destroying our planet(along with others) IMO.

Quote:

Basilides said:

Quote:

downforpot said:
Yes but there is a tendency to blame everything on the jews. The plague that killed millions in Europe was blamed on the Jews. Thousands of Jews were killed by Europeans because they thought the Jews caused the plague. Then you have the Nazis that blamed the poor German economy on the Jews. So yea, if there's a problem the Jews will always be there as a scapegoat.

Ok, did he blame the Jews, or the ZIONIST. The 'tendency' you speak of, is something YOU are making worse by not reading what is written, only was you think was said. Its not a 'blame the Jews' problem,

Is this guy anti-Jewish

Or does he believe, as is written in the bible. That God choose the Jews as 'the chosen people' and cast them into exile.
Was God WRONG?

--------------------
Uncleluke, getting his assbeat, then he tries to delete it
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6355469#Post6355469
Tomato-Faced Banez
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5933438#Post5933438
Dexter's Thesaurus
beer = guinness
smoke = vaporize
pubers = reasons to be pro-choice

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Islam is the most Warlike Religion [Re: Andy21]
    #6044379 - 09/09/06 01:59 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I suppose it depends on how you interpret the Bible.

Invisibledaytripper23
?
Male

#6045588 - 09/10/06 12:13 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Really??? my teacher told me there have been no religious wars based based on buddhism.

Ive never even heard of a violent act attributed to buddhism.

I believe you though. how bout you send me a few of those sites, cuz i looked and all that came up was non violence.

--------------------

Invisiblequiver
freedrug
Male

#6045599 - 09/10/06 12:17 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

budhism is a sanctuary for anything from the holy to murderers,it doesnt have to be violent,it cloaks violent people

why do budhist monks practice martial arts?

--------------------

Invisibledaytripper23
?
Male

Re: Islam is the most Warlike Religion [Re: quiver]
    #6045616 - 09/10/06 12:21 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

well i always figured for self defense.

--------------------

Invisiblequiver
freedrug
Male

#6045623 - 09/10/06 12:26 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

you have to be violent to do that don't you?

i dont see how 'turn your swords into sickles' is more violent than learning martial arts for 'self defense' just in case

whatever way you look at it

--------------------

Invisibledaytripper23
?
Male

#6045647 - 09/10/06 12:41 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

well yea i guess your right.i misspoke when i said it doesnt cause violence. I dont know martial arts, so im not familiar with the code and what not. My real point actually was about the religious wars. Ive also not heard of any fundamentalist buddhists killing in the name of zen.

an entire movement such as the crusades, or the islamic fundamentalist stuff based on buddhism, hasnt happened to my knowledge.

--------------------

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

#6045738 - 09/10/06 01:32 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I don't think Buddhist monks practice fighting for its violence. They are after the personal power... They are fighting an internal struggle which happens to manifest itself in external form. I suppose its not easy for people who don't have a spiritual calling to understand that...

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

InvisibleDexter_Morgan
Towlie's Mentor
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: higher than you
Re: Islam is the most Warlike Religion [Re: EquilibriuM]
    #6045750 - 09/10/06 01:40 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

EquilibriuM said:
I don't think Buddhist monks practice fighting for its violence. They are after the personal power... They are fighting an internal struggle which happens to manifest itself in external form. I suppose its not easy for people who don't have a spiritual calling to understand that...

SNAP!

--------------------
Uncleluke, getting his assbeat, then he tries to delete it
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6355469#Post6355469
Tomato-Faced Banez
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/5933438#Post5933438
Dexter's Thesaurus
beer = guinness
smoke = vaporize
pubers = reasons to be pro-choice

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder