Home | Community | Message Board

North Spore
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Hot Plate, Pressure Cooker

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinescrob
Bingo Bongo

Loc: Redstar
No mycelium :(
    #6039428 - 09/07/06 08:53 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Hi,

Three weeks ago I purchased a grow kit from my local head shop, consisting of a tub of substrate, a syringe with "Cubensis Mexicana" spores, and a mini terranium.  So I injected the tub with the spores, and have kept it in a shoe box ever since.

After 10 days in my cupboard at approx 20deg celcius, no growth, so I added a reptile heat mat which increase the temperature quite a bit and the box felt quite warm to the touch.  A full week later there is still no signs of growth, although quite a bit of condensation.  So I have removed the heat mat and its back to 20deg.  Still no growth.

This is my first grow.. Is it likely I have damaged the spores?

Is there any way I can salvage the kit and get it growing?

Thanks in advance  :crazy:

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblemusher_420
Stranger

Re: No mycelium :( [Re: scrob]
    #6039453 - 09/07/06 09:00 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

After 14 days of no growth I have little hope anything will grow. It's hard to say what we are really dealing with here. I suggest that you do some reading around the shroomery and read up on a few basic teks. You will realize how simple and cheap it is to grow mushrooms with items you will likely already have in your house. Then order some quality spores from a reputable vendor here at the shroomery like www.ralphstersspores.com

The kicker is that I profit in no way from recommending shroomery vendors I'm just what you call a very satisfied costumer. That's how you know something is legit.

--------------------
My Humidifier Reservoir Expansion Tek

Must read links for beginners

Btw- You are not what you own!

Offlinescrob
Bingo Bongo

Re: No mycelium :( [Re: musher_420]
    #6039580 - 09/07/06 09:32 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I'm really disappointed and I paid £25 too! I don't have a pressure cooker, so that put me off using the popular PF Tek.

Oh well, there are libs growing here now so I'll think about growing my own whenever picking season is over..

Offlinenewmodel
The Observer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Around the 10,000 lakes.
Re: No mycelium :( [Re: scrob]
    #6039628 - 09/07/06 09:50 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Scrob~

I have no experience with purchased kits so I am not too sure about their sterility or odds of working. I would imagine they would be fairly sterile, convenient and usable. However, if you can get your hands on a Pressure Cooker and some jars I would employ other methods of preparation and cultivation. And in this case I am not doubting the kit that you used (even though I know nothing about it) it may have been the reptile mat that you placed under the tub. You said it felt quite warmer than before. I am wondering how much warmer. Cause my TIT setup (*tub-in-tub*) feel warm but inside the temperature can get up in to the 90 F which is too hot. If that;s the case then the spores may have died. Wait and see. Next time you so this monitor your temperatures carefully you want them around 80-85F. I have mine at 81F which is 27C. Also, make sure you shake the syringe and mix up the spores, I had one attempt where I neglected to do this and some of the jars did nothing...no contaminations, no myc. nothing.

Best of Luck!

I.T.

--------------------
A man that comes to the door is never quite the same man who went out.

Freedom is something that dies unless it's used

Offlinescrob
Bingo Bongo

Re: No mycelium :( [Re: newmodel]
    #6039745 - 09/07/06 10:18 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

That is one thing, I forgot to shake the syrgine. Unless that is the source of my problem..

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules, Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Hot Plate, Pressure Cooker

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation