Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinexmush
Professor ofDoom
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jaw-juh
Weilii Info Collection
    #6039303 - 09/07/06 06:09 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Hi all. Weilii season is kicking off pretty spectacularly it seems. I thought it might be cool if we followed somewhat of a standard format when we posted finds. This way we can systematically build up our knowledge of this wonderful fungus. I feel like our knowledge of weilii is expanding greatly, but we're not doing as good of a job sharing that knowledge. I was thinking something like this for every post:

--Grass type: used to be that bermuda was the gospel, but most finds I've had and seen on this site recently have been fescue
--Tree type: As specific as possible, but at least be able to say pine, sweetgum, oak, maple, hickory, pecan (which covers about 75% of the trees around).
--Sun or shade.
--Someone's lawn or a more wild place like a park or field in a forest, and if it's in a neighborhood or subdivision, about how old is this neighborhood?
--Soil: ie grass straight from clay, or more dirt-like
--County, also if it is at the edge of a county name the bordering county - we can do this without giving too much away regarding locations
--Recent weather, and weather when found
--Other mushrooms in the area: I have one patch that is in the middle of a huge patch of psathyrellas. So now when I see psathyrellas, I look for weiliis. This is probably just a coincidence with this particular patch, but with our combined knowledge we can determine if there are any 'indicator' mushrooms around.

Anything else anyone can think of?
I think if we do this faithfully, we will really have a much greater knowledge about the habits of the weiliis. And if we do this, I'll try to go through the posts and create some sort of data set so at the end of the season we'll have stats about most common habitats from our finds. Of course this won't be super scientific, because some of us will post finds more than others, and we are all biased towards certain habitats where we've found patches. Nevertheless, this is a good start I think.
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Edited by xmush (09/07/06 06:16 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: over there
Re: Weilii Info Collection [Re: xmush]
    #6039327 - 09/07/06 06:16 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Well I don't live in atlanta anymore but I can give you some information on what I've noticed.

-ALL the weilii I have found have been on hills that have been mostly shaded.
-The ones I found in fescue grass or pinestraw were always bigger than the ones in bermuda.
-Weilii seem to love red clay and pinestraw so near pinetrees is common; though they are obviously not mychorrizal.

Offlinexmush
Professor ofDoom
Male User Gallery

Re: Weilii Info Collection [Re: Rebirtha]
    #6039333 - 09/07/06 06:17 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Another good point here Evan - elevation and slope. Are they growing on flat surfaces or does there tend to be a slope.
Thanks Evan

OfflineI2ancid
josh hartnett,movie star actor
 User Gallery

Loc: psycholand
    #6039770 - 09/07/06 08:27 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I remember back in the days of Rasjoe, phishead and gumby... Weilii seemed so miniscule in numbers... People would fight over patches etc, gain an inch on their penis for posting pics of 10 finds etc.

Now suddenly strangers are finding them all over, especially in their backyards! WTF Weilii?

Wait, wait a minute. Weilii's trying to tell me something. *listens* OMG O RLY?

Okay, guys weilii told me it's trying to go public now, it feels being underground isen't fulfilling its purpose and it really believes it can benefit humankind.

--------------------
I went to st thomas and camped out ontop of the island... Despite my entire family being poor all my life, the land is priceless.
I was chased by haitians in the main city charlotte amalie when my girlfriend and I got some cocaine for free in a bar and mixed it with alcohol, to form a stronger drug. With such confidence at 2am, we walked the 4-5 or so miles down to the beach where the african slaves lie like lions waiting on tourist prey.

The war isen't on drugs... the war is on the causes that influence people to abuse drugs. drug-abuse is a by-product of the system and much like radioactive waste occurs from utilizing nuclear power, drug addicts with drug-problems will need to be properly disposed of, like the decaying radioactive waste produced from nuclear energy. -i2ancid

Offlinenobhdy
ETNAV
Male

Loc: CT
Re: Weilii Info Collection [Re: I2ancid]
    #6039838 - 09/07/06 08:48 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

i think i have found some in a friends yard. do weilii bruise blue like other psilocybes?

--------------------
[quote]Gumby said:
And if you are going to waste peoples time with your stupid questions, at least try to have grammar skills higher then that of a 7th grader.

READ DAMNIT! [/quote]

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Weilii Info Collection [Re: I2ancid]
    #6040089 - 09/07/06 10:27 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Manmade patches (small and simple ones) ought to be considered by those with access to the larger ones.

We need a Weilii mycelium transplant thread to boost confidence in this process.

We need a lazy man's set of instructions on outdoor inoculation.

We need to exchange positive vibes with one another genuinely, consistently and over a long term period.

/hits head on exit sign

InvisibleJim
 User Gallery

Re: Weilii Info Collection [Re: World Spirit]
    #6040111 - 09/07/06 11:03 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

haven't seen you around these parts in a while :smile:

--------------------
Use the Fucking Reply To Feature You Lazy Pieces of Shit!

afoaf said:
Jim, if you were in my city, I would let you fuck my wife.

OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Weilii Info Collection [Re: nobhdy]
    #6040131 - 09/07/06 11:16 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

nobhdy said:
i think i have found some in a friends yard. do weilii bruise blue like other psilocybes?

Start a new thread with pictures and an ID request. Check out the Sticky topics at the top of this forum for more information.

OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6040133 - 09/07/06 11:18 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Enter said:
Manmade patches (small and simple ones) ought to be considered by those with access to the larger ones.

We need a Weilii mycelium transplant thread to boost confidence in this process.

We need to exchange positive vibes with one another genuinely, consistently and over a long term period.

/hits head on exit sign

I agree. If I was stil in Georgia, which I will eventually move back I would have done this by now. It works but only if people let it. Let the weilii grow!

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Weilii Info Collection [Re: Jim]
    #6040715 - 09/08/06 08:31 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Been out and about for sometime, but it's nice to see so many photos. I was forced to say something. :smile:

OfflineBatman50
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
    #6042718 - 09/08/06 10:24 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

These are weilii found in an a 30 year old subdivision about a year and a half ago this yard was completely dug up and fertilized with horse dung. One year after this was done weilii popped up. One more year after that weilii have popped up in the neighbors yard which has not been disturbed. I believe the grass to be fescue grass, very large acorn trees hover over the patch. This causes the sun only to shine directly on the patch until 2-3 in the afternoon. Lawn has a slant to it if you can see in the pics. neighbors yard has slant to it also and the weilii grow in a fescue/clover mix. Soil is extremely absorbent and spongy. Other mushrooms in the vacinity you guesed it psathyrellas, reishi, and wood ear type mushroom

the weilii mainly grow near the rear wheel of the car towards the mail box and occasionally grow farther up in the yard.

Edited by Batman50 (09/08/06 10:43 PM)

Offlinexmush
Professor ofDoom
Male User Gallery

Re: Weilii Info Collection [Re: Batman50]
    #6044555 - 09/09/06 03:33 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

This is exactly the type of info I'm going for. Let's try to do this in all future weilii posts, please!!!

Thanks batman and others for the info provided.

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
Re: Weilii Info Collection [Re: Batman50]
    #6044673 - 09/09/06 04:35 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Alright here's my observations.

# Likes a little bit of sun, never found them in a completely shaded area.

# Prefers all types of grass, fescue and bermuda, also found growing off many wooden debris, from termite sawdust to pineneedles, to red clay.

# The largest patches ive ever found have been woodland patches and were usually in a flood plane.

# Prefers acicidic substrate by nature.

Offlinexmush
Professor ofDoom
Male User Gallery

Re: Weilii Info Collection [Re: The_Red_Crayon]
    #6044725 - 09/09/06 05:16 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Good overview. I want to have a 'case-by-case' account so we can collect forward data.

OfflineI2ancid
 User Gallery

#6044752 - 09/09/06 05:24 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Those are also extremely healthy weilii by the way. I can tell the nutrients on your lawn are extremely rich. Alot of weilii growing in older patches don't seem so full of deep color, often stunt alot, and lose potency in my opinion.

--------------------
I went to st thomas and camped out ontop of the island... Despite my entire family being poor all my life, the land is priceless.
I was chased by haitians in the main city charlotte amalie when my girlfriend and I got some cocaine for free in a bar and mixed it with alcohol, to form a stronger drug. With such confidence at 2am, we walked the 4-5 or so miles down to the beach where the african slaves lie like lions waiting on tourist prey.

The war isen't on drugs... the war is on the causes that influence people to abuse drugs. drug-abuse is a by-product of the system and much like radioactive waste occurs from utilizing nuclear power, drug addicts with drug-problems will need to be properly disposed of, like the decaying radioactive waste produced from nuclear energy. -i2ancid

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
    #6046355 - 09/10/06 10:50 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Enter said:

/hits head on exit sign

I'm all about some home made patches!
WEILII HUNTERS UNITE!

I find it interesting that weilii decided to pop up in a refurbished and fertilized lawn, then decided to pop up in the unkempt yard across the street later. Maybe weilii aren't as picky as we all thought?
An article on weilii.com states that weilii grow in neighborhoods 10 years or younger (<-- non-verbatim), but it is now clear that this is not necessarily true (get on it, Rancid!)

I declare that all the weilii hunters on the shroomery need to get together and have a weilii convention! That way we can collaborate on a higher level and share information in a more efficient manner.

Offlinexmush
Professor ofDoom
Male User Gallery

Re: Weilii Info Collection [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #6046386 - 09/10/06 11:06 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

This is the whole point of this post! I don't want people just telling their recollections or hunches. I want systematic, find-by-find data. Every time one of us finds a patch we should post the info as outlined in the top of this thread. By the end of another season or two we will have some hard data on the true habits of weilii. And we will know whehter things like age of neighborhood is real or just the observations of a single person.

Let's get on this people!

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Weilii Info Collection [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #6046456 - 09/10/06 11:36 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Well first things gotta be first.

Agenda. A straight forward pure agenda that allows us to speak One language.

I believe we should first create some kind of list of criteria of information we need b4 a meeting.

The list should consist of all our questions (even if the list is a bit obsessive compulsive).

Genuine information connoisseurs will always want the basics first. Here's a couple que's on mi list.

1. What are the best two months of the year to hunt them?

2. What is the avg size of an adult Weilii?

3. What is the smallest size of a mature specimen you've seen?

4. List any habitats they've been found in (as far as  natural locations vs manmade patches).

5. There is question that the alkaloid content may include more than Psilocybin, Psilocin, Baeocystine, Tryptophan. -i2

6. What can be done to help protect the patches, both from insiders and outsiders??

7. What can be done to help assist Nature in producing more areas where these psilocybes can flourish?

8. What uncertainties sorround a relationship with psilocyes? What is our responsibility in maintaining this relationship?

9. How is fear overcome without being overzealous? What fears are pragmatic and what fears are straightup paranoia 301?

10. Every list should end in ten. Why do I feel that way?

:smile:

Offlinexmush
Professor ofDoom
Male User Gallery

#6046504 - 09/10/06 12:10 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Just in case you haven't read the top of this post, once again:

Hi all. Weilii season is kicking off pretty spectacularly it seems. I thought it might be cool if we followed somewhat of a standard format when we posted finds. This way we can systematically build up our knowledge of this wonderful fungus. I feel like our knowledge of weilii is expanding greatly, but we're not doing as good of a job sharing that knowledge. I was thinking something like this for every post:

--Grass type: used to be that bermuda was the gospel, but most finds I've had and seen on this site recently have been fescue
--Tree type: As specific as possible, but at least be able to say pine, sweetgum, oak, maple, hickory, pecan (which covers about 75% of the trees around).
--Sun or shade.
--Someone's lawn or a more wild place like a park or field in a forest, and if it's in a neighborhood or subdivision, about how old is this neighborhood?
--Soil: ie grass straight from clay, or more dirt-like
--County, also if it is at the edge of a county name the bordering county - we can do this without giving too much away regarding locations
--Recent weather, and weather when found
--Other mushrooms in the area: I have one patch that is in the middle of a huge patch of psathyrellas. So now when I see psathyrellas, I look for weiliis. This is probably just a coincidence with this particular patch, but with our combined knowledge we can determine if there are any 'indicator' mushrooms around.

OfflineI2ancid
 User Gallery

#6046552 - 09/10/06 12:32 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

1. What are the best two months of the year to hunt them?

September/October are byfar the 2 months I've had my absolute success, however, March and April, in the spring can produce finds almost in such intensity as the best fall flushes.

2. What is the avg size of an adult Weilii?

The length of a cigarette and the width of the inner-diameter of your palm seem to be the most encountered, however they really do vary in size alot. The grass weilii tend to be alot smaller, and "giants" seldom found.

3. What is the smallest size of a mature specimen you've seen?

Well if maturity is noted as the peak of ones growth, a plateau... then I've found them as small as the width of a dime and the length of a cigarette butt. These are usually noted as "stunts" because for whatever reason, they didn't have a long enough exposure to optimum growing conditions to see them through. Usually thought, healthy grown weilii can be as small as your pinky.

4. List any habitats they've been found in (as far as natural locations vs manmade patches).

Pine straw is #1, Bermuda grass is #2. Also to lesser extents, I've found them on a mixture of pine-straw AND woodchips. Other times they'll just come right out of the clay in a clearing with nothing covering them.

5. There is question that the alkaloid content may include more than Psilocybin, Psilocin, Baeocystine, Tryptophan. -i2

Having personally experienced Weilii countless times (not in an abuse pattern) I can safely say there is definitely a special cocktail of psychoactive chemicals present in Weilii. I say this mainly on the notice that Weilii seem to be shorter in duration than many other psychoactive mushrooms, there is alot more "in the head" type thinking, and the trip seems to peak into just plain delerium sometimes with very little or no visuals at all. To say exactly what ratio of chemicals it contains would take someone logical enough to research the 3 most common active chemicals and assess their isolated effects, then through experience with weilii, note the lean towards the specific chemical putting in duration, peak time, visuals all into the equation as well as general body sensations.

6. What can be done to help protect the patches, both from insiders and outsiders??

Alot of people go out into their spots with scizzors, slice off the base of the stem and walk away. I however, have noted intense mycellium growth occuring when the stubs of plucked weilii were introduced into a new habitat. I don't really believe there is much, if not miniscule damage from plucking them right out of the ground.

Besides that, don't show unworthy people of your spot. You'll know if they're worthy not if they feign a general interest to mushrooms, or just because they know 4 other people who pick, or because they have a car to finance the hunt together. One becomes worthy through their own true dedication in hunting them and an independent will at searching for the truth.

I get 5 requests from hunters over at weilii.com to hunt with me a day. Rarely do I get any feeling that I really want to share it with them anymore because through experience, I've learned people who havent hunted themselves, and haven't found their OWN spot, themselves never grow to truly appreciate Weilii.

Telling people without heading this advice will cause a rapid downfall of your personal picking experience at that spot as suddenly you spot the father, and his grandfather and the family cat of the person you showed, picking weilii there.

7. What can be done to help assist Nature in producing more areas where these psilocybes can flourish?

Pick them, think about trees that provide fruit. Mammels come along and eat the fruit, then they travel away and defecate. In this feces they've produced lies fertilized seeds of that tree.

Weilii aren't much different in concept. They're a fruit, they spread by people picking them. When you pluck a weilii, you instatly spread millions of weilii into the air through the disruption/disturbance to the body of the mushroom.

8. What uncertainties sorround a relationship with psilocyes? What is our responsibility in maintaining this relationship?

The uncertainty I face whenever I start pondering weilii is what if, possibly my thinking was effected permanently in some form or another. What if maybe the old philosophers quote was true? what if "a mind once expanded will never regain it's original form" has some bearing? What if life after a hard trip is life trying to reconnect yourself to that level, mentally where the truth of our existance was revealed.

9. How is fear overcome without being overzealous? What fears are pragmatic and what fears are straightup paranoia 301?

Fear is an automatic response to an unknown outcome. Paranoia is your conscience telling you what you're doing is wrong. Not sure where you're going with the fear association to weilii. I can say that I do harbor a subtle fear as to the outcome of spreading any info at all on Weilii.

10. Every list should end in ten. Why do I feel that way?

I dunno my brotha but this was a very nice set of questions

--------------------

Edited by I2ancid (09/10/06 08:16 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds