Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCapless
Student
 User Gallery

Monotub & casing questions
    #6036952 - 09/06/06 10:54 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Hey guys. Today I went out and bought two 28Qt sweater boxes. I will be using them as my monotub setup. This will be my first tub and I would like a refersher course on all the things I've learned so far.

Right now the only mod I've made for it is cutting a huge 'sunroof' in the top of it and sealed(as best as possible) with a few layers of saran wrap that is thoroughly tapped down. I will not be able to use poly filled holes on the side, at least not for this grow.

My plan is to put 5 - 7lbs of poo to 5 Qt of WBS spawn into it. I'm not sure how deep it will be with that much in there, but I hope its enough to produce some fatties.

My question: How often for FAE and bleach solution spritzing? Before pinning? After pinning?

I've heard anywhere from 4 times a day to 2 times a day for both up until the point of mushroom formation. I've also heard to spritz with a 10% bleach solution you should hold your spay bottle away so the mist you indirectly mist.

My second question. I only have verm for casing materal, is it worth it to case with just verm if I have nothing else? How would I prep it?

I really don't have means to sterilize anything right now as I don't have a pressure cooker, so doing a 50/50+ mix is out ofthe question.

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

The strain I'm using is Cambodian.

Thanks.

--------------------
http://www.toolband.com/
"... This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality.
Embrace this moment. Remember, We are eternal.
all this pain is an illusion...."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemonstermitch
Growing in Bags Doesn't Work

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Arizona Bay Flag
Re: Monotub & casing questions [Re: Capless]
    #6037813 - 09/07/06 08:22 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

why would you spray bleach on your mushrooms?

without polyfil, it's not a monotub.

I don't know what you think you have going on there.

FAE is critical in my opinion, your idea isn't sounding so good.

for cubes, I might just consider using nothing over using only verm.
mix the moist verm in with the substrate/spawn, it would probably
do you better than laying it on top.

You don't need a pressure cooker to make casing material.
I advise against it actually,
use a large pot with a lid and pasteurize your casing mix in quart jars.
If you are hard up, go get some miracle grow moisture control potting mix
and use that as your casing material.
pasteurize it in quart jars.

If I were you, I would use a monotub.
a real monotub.

my journal has all the info you need on making one.

I can easily make one for ten bucks or less

--------------------

OfflineCapless
Student
 User Gallery

Re: Monotub & casing questions [Re: monstermitch]
    #6037836 - 09/07/06 08:47 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I could fashion what I have into a mono-tub, I am only lacking poly fill ATM.

As far as the bleach solution I am fairly sure I've read that people use it to rehydrate their mushrooms and to kill the bacteria at the same time, but then again I could be wrong. Is distilled water fine? Perhaps filtered tap water?

Thanks though

--------------------

Offlinecookeman
Live and let live
Male User Gallery

#6037845 - 09/07/06 08:57 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

No. bleach kills EVERYTHING. Use a hydrogen peroxide water mix. that won't harm the mushies. Poly fill is very cheap. a couple bucks will get you enough for 30 monotubs. Of course wal-mart. or just by a poly-fil pillow somewhere and cut it open. I have used just verm as a casing layer and it worked ok. I got a nice two or three flushes before it they stopped and then i just got a bunch of stragglers from side pins. It doesn't really matter what kind of water you use. And how did you get quart jars of wbs w/o a pressure cooker. I only ask because wbs contaminates very easy w/o a pressure cooker. good luck though

--------------------
“Let’s put it this way – to lump psychedelic mushrooms into the same group as methamphetamine is like lumping the Bible into the same group as Mein Kampf.
I mean shit; they’re both books, right?”

Joe Rogan

R.I.P. - "Bones" - One of the greatest people I've ever had the pleasure of getting to know and become friends with.

Offlinekristen
Burn out..don't fade away
 User Gallery
Re: Monotub & casing questions [Re: cookeman]
    #6038096 - 09/07/06 11:10 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Screw Wal*Mart, stop feeding a corporate abuser.

Bleach dunking can inconsistently cause massive flushes/fruits. Consistently hosing it with bleach might not be the best idea, though.

FAE is the main trigger for fruiting and you must fan it multiple times a day if you aren't going to be using polyfil.

Use regular water or with a capful of H2O2 added to your spraybottle if anything. Don't mist pins/hyphal knots directly or they will abort.

You don't PC casing material. Verm/Peat Jiffy Mix can be prepared in the microwave, but verm will work if you truly want to use a casing layer. Cubensis do not require it, but it will assist in a better flush unless you keep the substrate hydrated right.

You might be able to squeeze in some more poo with that much spawn, too.

Offlinecookeman
Live and let live
Male User Gallery

Re: Monotub & casing questions [Re: kristen]
    #6038139 - 09/07/06 11:24 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

kristen said:
Screw Wal*Mart, stop feeding a corporate abuser.

:rolleyes: Personally I don't care where he gets his poly-fil. It's easy to find. But I know for a fact that every wal-mart has some and wal-marts are everywhere so he can't screw it up.

Quote:

kristen said:

Bleach dunking can inconsistently cause massive flushes/fruits. Consistently hosing it with bleach might not be the best idea, though.

I don't know about the bleach dunking. I would definitely hold off on that and just do water first. At least until you find some more evidence that bleach dunking does actually produce "massive flushes/fruits". Personally I think it will just kill youre myc.

--------------------
“Let’s put it this way – to lump psychedelic mushrooms into the same group as methamphetamine is like lumping the Bible into the same group as Mein Kampf.

Joe Rogan

R.I.P. - "Bones" - One of the greatest people I've ever had the pleasure of getting to know and become friends with.

OfflineCapless
Student
 User Gallery

#6038149 - 09/07/06 11:27 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Well thanks for clearing this all up guys.

--------------------

Offlinecookeman
Live and let live
Male User Gallery

#6038159 - 09/07/06 11:30 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

no problem. Happy growin :-)

--------------------

Joe Rogan

Invisibleohmatic
searcher
 User Gallery

Loc: europe
Trusted Cultivator
    #6038324 - 09/07/06 12:35 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

go and buy some polyfill, then click the link in my sig and do as instructed.

its a self maintaining system.

--------------------
:penis: MONOTUB tek :sun: HEATBOMB tek :penis:

RIP #cultivation! ....can't associate? well FUCK U !

Offlinekristen
Burn out..don't fade away
 User Gallery
Re: Monotub & casing questions [Re: ohmatic]
    #6038626 - 09/07/06 02:24 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Recommend a craft store instead of Wal*Death. They go against everything this community stands for.

Mycotopia has plenty of info on bleach dunking, it will not kill mycelium if diluted appropriately. There are a lot of factors to go after for good flushes before messing around with bleach though.

And polyfil is annoying stuff. Remember a “mono-tub” is a bulk neglect technique. You will not get the biggest flushes out of a “mono-tub” unless there is appropriate air circulation throughout the room, and the holes are placed at the correct levels for the size of the tub. Old hands didn't even use holes, they just fanned and misted at appropriate levels everyday on the dot, and it worked perfectly.

OfflineCapless
Student
 User Gallery

Re: Monotub & casing questions [Re: kristen]
    #6038748 - 09/07/06 03:19 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, WalMart is a company you people all seem to hate. However if you hate Walmart go a head and hate capitolism too while you are at it. Its capitolism that allows Walmart to exist.

I will be going with the fan and mist technique. I will probably fan and mist 4 times a day. Misting will be dependent on how wet it looks. Fanning will be manditory. Thanks for all the help so far.

--------------------

Offlineautographguys
ticketmaster
 User Gallery

Loc: NE
    #6039623 - 09/07/06 07:47 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

This grow sounds like its not going to go well. You need to do some reading on mono tubs. Look up a fabric store in your area get a bag of poly fill. Its like $5.00. Its a free country and you can do what you want or so they say. The beauty of a double tub or mono tub. Is they are easy to keep contam free. If you are opening a container and letting fresh air several times per day with no filter. You will get a contam. Unless you work in a clean room at Intel. I hate seeing you waste your time and expectations. Do the right thing man.

Offlinetooth
High in thetreetops
    #6039751 - 09/07/06 08:20 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

is his ratio of 5-7 lbs poo to 5 qts of wbs with a casing layer correct for a 28qt sweater box? or does it all depend on the thickness of these layers?

--------------------
Check out My Journal

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale