Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLapius
Super Fighting Robot

Loc: Earth 25XX
Getting the right temp (incubation)
    #603651 - 04/09/02 07:21 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

alright im in need of some serious help :smile:

ok this is the deal, i have an incubation chamber that is made of a wood cabinet.. it has 3 cells (shelves) its very steril and i have my humidity and thermostat in there... i tried using an aquarium heater in a jar of water to generate heat in the small incubation center, but the heat is not intence enough to heat the area to be the required temp ( 83 degrees) i was wondering if anyone had a good method i could use to regulate the heat to a good temp for cultivation.... your comments are most appreciated!!!
-PeZ 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelevel
Stranger
Re: Getting the right temp (incubation) [Re: Lapius]
    #603732 - 04/09/02 09:19 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

What you can do is find a container that you can fit all of your jars in and place a submersible heater on the center bottom, then beside that place a bubble stone strip (to circulate the water) and over the top of them both , place a mesh screen (to keep the jars off the heater)...Then place each jar into a separate Ziploc bag a little taller than the jar (this prevents the water from getting in the jars (do not close bags though because moisture will build up inside the closed bags and you will have defeated your purpose of the bags completely..)) and place on top of the wire mesh....Then fill the container with water up to the top edge of the substrate in the jars....turn on heater and bubbler...Then take all the jars out until you are sure that you got a regulated temp. Once temp is regulated to what you want it to be and seems to be pretty stable place all of your jars and bags back in. and let it go...keep an eye on the temp from time to time...and keep the water level up.....NOTE: This is in no way completely my Tek...I've made a few adjustments and suited it to my needs and it works very well..credit goes to the person/persons that first came up with the similar idea...thanks

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #603775 - 04/09/02 10:36 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Well,

I was thinking that wood and water around might make mold.

but you might be able to knock a shelf out and slip one of these inside the the wooden cabinet...or you could put one of these in a closet...just a thought.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

OfflineXiC
journeyman
Loc: Planet Vegita
Re: Getting the right temp (incubation) [Re: Roadkill]
    #603840 - 04/09/02 11:36 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

What kind of aquarium heater is in there Roadkill? (wattage too)

-XiC

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Getting the right temp (incubation) [Re: XiC]
    #603862 - 04/10/02 12:06 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

a Tronic 50 watt submersible aquarium heater.

I have three of these incubators.....they work very nice.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #603921 - 04/10/02 01:16 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags