Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >
Offlinebuckaroobanzai
Walkin' Dude
Male User Gallery

Re: Mycotopia Site suspended?? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6036020 - 09/06/06 06:57 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I don't hate anybody on 'Shroomery automatically and I don't love anybody on Mycotopia automatically. There are smart folks and dumb folks on both sites.

Mycotopia is a site I contribute to, Shroomery is a site I cruise (quietly) for information. Both sites have their good points and both sites have their bad points.

One of the biggest good points (to some) at Mycotopia is Hippie3 and his style of administration.

One of the biggest bad points (to some) at Mycotopia is Hippie3 and his style of administration.

It is totally a "different strokes for different folks" kind of thing I'm talking about. I, for one, am very glad both sites are around (even if one is in limbo right now).

Both sites are servicing a crowd and anchoring a community.

Both sites are really important to their members.

Each site has a very different kind of flavor, but both contain excellent information. Both have a core group of very knowledgable posters who are very skilled in the art of fungi cultivation. Both sites result in knowledge about the fungus getting out there.

But these two sites cater to fundamentally different demographic groups. Comparing/contrasting them is mostly a pointless exercise in penis envy/grass is greener mentality.

The cool thing (to me) is that certain "bitchy old fogey" types (I'd be one) have a site to call home and certain other "mouthy young punk" types (I used to be one) have a site to call home.

No need to be uncomfortable, multiple niches are available!

Very nice to know that the 'topia's data isn't languishing in a NSA dungeon somewhere...good luck on the fixes/upgrades!

--------------------
"Life is short and pain is long and we were all put on this Earth to help each other."
-Stephen King, Firestarter

Edited by buckaroobanzai (09/06/06 07:02 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebuckaroobanzai
Walkin' Dude
Male User Gallery

Re: Mycotopia Site suspended?? [Re: buckaroobanzai]
    #6036038 - 09/06/06 07:00 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

AND BY THE WAY...

Bucky passes the bowl (freshly loaded, green hit) to Roger.

--------------------
"Life is short and pain is long and we were all put on this Earth to help each other."

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #6036183 - 09/06/06 07:32 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

buckaroobanzai said:
The cool thing (to me) is that certain "bitchy old fogey" types (I'd be one) have a site to call home and certain other "mouthy young punk" types (I used to be one) have a site to call home.

That makes no sense. I don't know about mycotopia but the member demographic ranges from 18 - (around)60 here. (maybe older) There's a lot of older people who are regulars around here. :shrug:

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Offlinebuckaroobanzai
Walkin' Dude
Male User Gallery

Re: Mycotopia Site suspended?? [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #6036215 - 09/06/06 07:40 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Age does not automatically define a demographic group/distribution.

The study of demography has very little to do with age and far more to do with groupings that surpass commonalities like age/race/interest.

I restate and stand by the statement: Shroomery and Mycotopia are directed at very different demographic groups.

--------------------

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
    #6036240 - 09/06/06 07:44 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Which demographics would they be?

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
    #6036242 - 09/06/06 07:44 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

That still does not make any sense, when using terms like "bitchy old fogey"and "mouthy young punk" it seems to me that your talking about age :shrug:

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

Invisiblealpiner
goober

Loc: USA
Re: Mycotopia Site suspended?? [Re: Kerr]
    #6036503 - 09/06/06 08:47 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

buckaroo is right on, I prefer a more mellow site with less fluff and what not, it's easier to wade through the crap over there and find what you are interested in
this is due to admin/mods that are pretty heavy on censoring posts and being a bit ban happy but it keeps the needless bullshit posts to a minimum
there is a insane amount of good info here though and some great people too like RogerRabbit, Anno and a whole bunch of others
I liken mycotopia to being like a party with a few mellow friends and this place more like a crazy ass kegger that everbody and their mother is at
all depends on what you like, I prefer the more mellow setting

Offlinebuckaroobanzai
Walkin' Dude
Male User Gallery

Re: Mycotopia Site suspended?? [Re: alpiner]
    #6036554 - 09/06/06 08:59 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

And that would be the demographics I was talking about.

Different strokes for different folks.

--------------------

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
    #6036713 - 09/06/06 09:47 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I'm still wondering if Mycotopia members ever get together IRL? Yes? No?

What I like most about the Shroomery is the sense of community. There is definately a wide variety of people here. Some I don't care much for, some I tolerate, some I like, some I really enjoy daily, and some that are truly my freinds (not just here, but in real life also). It seems more like being a part of a real community and not a specialized club where you might get kicked out for irritating other members. But just like any healthy community you have to take the bad with the good, otherwise you just become one of those elitist clubs.

Admittedly I have never spent more then a few minutes browsing through Mycotopias boards. But the differences seem obvious. Maybe some prefer to be part of a more controlled environment where they can easily weed out the riff-raff and enjoy their shared interests. But I like to get bombarded by all the different personalities. Keeps things fresh and interesting.

And some of the greatest times I've ever had were at Shroomery gatherings! I feel sorry for Mycotopia members if they never get together like that.

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Mycotopia Site suspended?? [Re: alpiner]
    #6036771 - 09/06/06 10:02 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

This lack of mellowed out mature community crap, you myco members keep saying is missing from the shroomery, is bullshit. There's a forum for each interest/topic that is discussed very maturely, in their respective forum. You all seem to be strictly refering to the pub or otd. Also, when you have a serious matter to discuss, it is discussed seriously. Most of you guys seem to be the type that can't overlook a few bad posts and aid in derailing your own topics by argueing with the bad posts.

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
Re: Mycotopia Site suspended?? [Re: Cowgold]
    #6036817 - 09/06/06 10:14 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

The Shroomery will always be my home and nothing else. It's a fun place to be a part of. I am greatful for this place and have enjoyed my time here.

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Re: Mycotopia Site suspended?? [Re: eris]
    #6036942 - 09/06/06 10:52 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

i used to post at the lycaeum years back, but their forums were slow as hell, and didn't allow scat :frown:

thanks shroomery! :lol:

--------------------

Offlineeris
underground
Male User Gallery

Loc: North East, USA
Re: Mycotopia Site suspended?? [Re: Krishna]
    #6036949 - 09/06/06 10:53 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

:lol:

Yeah, most other places are just missing a certain spark that this place has for me.

I view this place for what it is, and don't go getting upset over what someone might say. This place rarely fails to keep me humored. I think occasional randomness keeps things interesting somewhat.

If you post bad info or ask a stupid question, you can bet that someone is going to call your ass out on it. :yesnod: Not always in the nicest of ways either.

Whatever the case, the Shroomery has always been good to me. :shrug:

--------------------
Immortal / Temporarily Retired
The OG Thread Killer
My mushroom hunting gallery

Invisiblepfosterbilly
oldandintheway
Loc: p.f. burg
Re: Mycotopia Site suspended?? [Re: eris]
    #6038174 - 09/07/06 11:35 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I have to agree with alpiner bout a younger crowd here. Im new to both sights and really enjoy topia and shroomery alike. However, there are a few reasons i spend more time at the top'. the main one being posts like the ones in this thread. Hippie runs the show at topia. He set it up,pays the bills,and deserves to have his way on His sight! If ya wanna play by his rules on his sight,great! If ya dont, and wanna flame people all the time, argue,talk shit and such he dont want ya there. Neither do I. Both sites have a ton of great info and cool people too. This aint no freakin pissin contest yall. Im here to learn and converse with cool folks(at both sites). Not argue bout which is better. BTW Thanks!!!!! for allowing updates from topia here. Try and you'll find a little love goes a long way. peace and good vibes to all. Also didnt your momma's teach ya" If ya aint got nothin good to say, dont say nuthin at all". foster

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Mycotopia Site suspended?? [Re: pfosterbilly]
    #6038312 - 09/07/06 12:32 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

pfosterbilly said:
I have to agree with alpiner bout a younger crowd here. Im new to both sights and really enjoy topia and shroomery alike. However, there are a few reasons i spend more time at the top'. the main one being posts like the ones in this thread. Hippie runs the show at topia. He set it up,pays the bills,and deserves to have his way on His sight! If ya wanna play by his rules on his sight,great! If ya dont, and wanna flame people all the time, argue,talk shit and such he dont want ya there. Neither do I. Both sites have a ton of great info and cool people too. This aint no freakin pissin contest yall. Im here to learn and converse with cool folks(at both sites). Not argue bout which is better. BTW Thanks!!!!! for allowing updates from topia here. Try and you'll find a little love goes a long way. peace and good vibes to all. Also didnt your momma's teach ya" If ya aint got nothin good to say, dont say nuthin at all". foster

:whatever:

We covered this, did you even read the thread?

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Re: Mycotopia Site suspended?? [Re: Hippie3]
    #6038686 - 09/07/06 02:56 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

did you really get hacked or did you not pay your bills yet again?

you won't ever see me over at topia...

IF the Shroomery is down or not!~

That just means I have more time to work on my myco projects and go fishing.

I used to go to the Forrest Floor many years ago before I found the Shroomery...

and they were like 3 times worse than Hippie and his so called sages!~

They were the ultimate back stabbers!~

I admire your work in mycology Hippie...

but your social skills are seriously lacking!~

toodles!~

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Invisiblepfosterbilly
oldandintheway
Loc: p.f. burg
Re: Mycotopia Site suspended?? [Re: Roadkill]
    #6038928 - 09/07/06 04:21 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Uhhhhh, Yeah, cowgold. I read it. And you just made a great example of what i was describing. You cant let someone put their two cents in without [edit]. THANKS you really know how to make ppl feel welcome [edit]. you may not be young and it may make no difference, your still [edit]. Im real glad the cool peeps like anno and roadkill,and too many others to name, are around, cause peeps like you are not helping me learn shit! [edit] peace all foster my apologies if anyone other than [edit] is offended. i just want to feel welcome not be harrassed.

mod edit: no flaming in here please, we have received complaints about this post.

Edited by eris (09/08/06 01:42 AM)

InvisibleMrJellineck
junkE
 User Gallery
    #6038988 - 09/07/06 04:40 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

pfosterbilly said:

Im real glad the cool peeps like anno and roadkill,and too many others to name, are around...

:rotfl:

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #6039154 - 09/07/06 05:24 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

pfosterbilly said:
Uhhhhh, Yeah, cowgold. I read it. And you just made a great example of what i was describing. You cant let someone put their two cents in without a smart ass comment. THANKS you really know how to make ppl feel welcome asshole. you may not be young and it may make no difference, your still being a smartass. Im real glad the cool peeps like anno and roadkill,and too many others to name, are around, cause peeps like you are not helping me learn shit! But how to be obnoxious and flamein. peace all foster my apologies if anyone other than cowtoad is offended. i just want to feel welcome not be harrassed.

What exactly do you want a backrub and a foot massage while you're here?

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
Re: Mycotopia Site suspended?? [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #6039378 - 09/07/06 06:33 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

i see more of mycotopia on fugly.com and ebaumsworld.com than at the actual site.

i hope those women are getting paid well, because they are whoring mycotopia.com all over the internet.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | Next >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder