Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
This thread is very old and might contain outdated or inaccurate information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHand_of_Nog
panzerschreck
Male

Loc: New York City
Level 4; best trip ever! pics
    #6030899 - 09/05/06 01:16 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

About a week ago I had a breakthrough trip, so I thought I'd share it, since it emphasized to me the importance of set and setting in how drastically it can affect a trip. I might be a bit verbose because there's a lot of context surrounding the trip. Here it goes

Well, I had just moved into my dorm at Binghamton University, so the walls were pretty bare. Incidentally, there was a festival on campus and I decided to check it out. There turned out to be a tent at the festival where a lady was selling tapestries. She looked 60ish and had long hair and a colorgul shirt on. I walked up to her and asked where the trippiest tapestries where, expecting her to dissmiss me as a typical college kid drug user. Instead, she pointed and said "I think those are the trippiest", indicating to me that she is an old hippie.

As I started looking through the tapestries, a friend, who I had not seen in over a year, approached me from behind and tapped me on the shoulder, and we started to converse, and I told him about how I've been trying to find LSD for so long, and about how extensively I've been preparing myself for it, by reading about woodstock, hippie culture, and acid itself, and by preparing playlists of trip music. The lady overheard me and said "You know the band Moe? They're having a festival in Turin. You should be able to find anything you want there", which impressed me. So I spent 60 dollars on tapestries and brought them back to my dorm. At this point, I was very elated at the acquisition of the tapestries, happening to run into an old friend, and happening to run into a really chill old hippie.

Then, some sophomores offered me a ride to Walmart, where I bought duck tape and a lamp, among other things. I used the duck tape to stick the tapestries to my walls and celing, and used the lamp to illuminate it all.

This huge one went on my ceiling

These are my walls

And this is the whole shebang

Later during the day, several people who I had not spoken to for several months, including someone I had not spoken to since second grade, left messages on my facebook (a messageboard type thing) regarding the above photos, saying things like "ah yes, lsd is hard to find with new places. the ceiling and those walls are waiting for you. godspeed, man!" So I was very, very elated at this point--it had been a totally spontaneous day that turned to be excellent, and everything I had done up to that point was in preparation for tripping, so I knew I just had to trip.

So at 2 AM, I pulled out my handy dandy coffee grinder, mug, cheesecloth, and bottle of snapple, and downed tea made with 5.2 grams. It was my first time doing more than an eigth.

As always, the comeup was very uneasy. I thought I was going to get the hershey squirts, and I had to pee three times. The second time, there were two irate, vomiting frat guys in the bathroom, which scared the hell out of me, and I considered peeing in the woods outside my dorm, but I stepped outside and decided against it, so I just waited it out till the frat guys left. Every time I walked down the hall from my dorm to the bathroom and vice versa, the walls of the hall would constrict, then rebound, as if they were threatening me, and every time I took a step, my destination down the hall would recede from me.

I told my roomate to play some chords on his guitar, while I tried to improvise over them on mine. It was alright, until I couldn't focus on my fingers anymore. My nails would turn into mouths with neon lights inside, and my arms felt heavy and distant.

I finally settled down on the bed and put on my ipod. I started off by listening to some soft beatles stuff like Blackbird, and Rufus Wainwright's cover of Across the Universe. I listened to Dream Theater's 24-minute Octvarium, which is part of my standard tripping regiment. It was cool; the tapestries served as portals, and I could change my state of mind just by focusing on a particular tapestry. Staring at the UFO tapestry during a synth solo made me feel "out there", while staring at the hindu-ish tapestry made me feel as if I was part of some cosmic dance.

Then the mindfuck got so bad that I couldn't control the ipod anymore, and random Dream Theater songs started playing. The Great Debate came on-- a thirteen minute song on stem cell research controversy, and the lyrics went "turn to the light, don't be frightened of the shadows it creates" and "human kind has reached a turning point..." Immediately, the tye dye tapestry on my ceiling came alive, and the swirls of color became human faces, while the big red ball in the center became "the light", and I felt an extreme desire for humanity to "turn to the light". I also kept thinking to myself "god damn, that lady who sold me the tapestries is really cool. she knew exactly what I was up to. power to her." I kept on thinking that I had finally tapped into what a generation before me has been talking about, and what a travesty it is that psychedelics are illegal. I also felt an overwhelming conviction to excel at gaining a degree in Bioengineering to become a stem cell researcher or something.

Stream of Consciousness, an eleven minute instrumental, came on at around 4?, and that's when I peaked. As I stared into the tye dye, my peripheral vision would become filled in with tye dye, and I would be fully immersed in color. As the song became upbeat or emotional, the reds, yellows and oranges would take over and glow, while the cooler colors vanished. If the song slowed down and became more contemplative, the green and purples would take over. The transition was akin to watching leaves change color.

When the song ended, I realize that I wasn't feeling emotions as intensely as I was moments before, and I was unhappy that I was coming down, but happy that I had finally experienced a truly "magical" trip. I kept on thinking "god damn. all my trips before (around 20) were done on the spur of the moment, shallow, and silly". I spent the next few hours laying on my bed, restless and hypothermic, but listening to music and enjoying neon colored closed eye visuals.

My CEV's during this trip made me realize that frightening visuals do not cause bad trips, but rather are frightening only as long as you are having a bad trip. During previous trips, I would see skeletons pirate ships and feel very terrified, whereas during this trip, if I saw a skull, or fang, or jaw full of sharp teeth, I would feel very elated and think it was funny. The frightening images would then give way to an electric guitar or Hendrix, or something.

I took a refreshing shower at around 6 AM and had an excellent sleep.

I know my account is poorly written but whatever, it's not really a concern; I just thought I had to share the experience. I even told my mom about it. Never before have I felt such an intoxicating feeling of connection, and it finally put tripping into perspective for me, and showed me exactly why trippers trip, and why this community of trippers exists.

Respect. Power.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleWholefoods
It's a gift
 User Gallery

Loc: Outer Heaven
Re: Level 4; best trip ever! pics [Re: Hand_of_Nog]
    #6030935 - 09/05/06 01:28 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Hand_of_Nog said:
My CEV's during this trip made me realize that frightening visuals do not cause bad trips, but rather are frightening only as long as you are having a bad trip.

I totally agree man!

It sounds like it was an amazing trup, it was well written to!

I'd love to get some tapestries such as those.

--------------------
later gator

Edited by Wholefoods (09/05/06 01:28 PM)

OfflineAZrooj
AZ/WA
Male

Loc: USA Washington
Re: Level 4; best trip ever! pics [Re: Wholefoods]
    #6031125 - 09/05/06 02:20 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Those tapestries are hella dope!

--------------------
Power booster, I'm talking to god and more.

OfflinesysD
this side up.

Re: Level 4; best trip ever! pics [Re: AZrooj]
    #6031338 - 09/05/06 03:18 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I love your room setup man... I was just wondering if you get the thing where your ceiling seems to drop down until its only a foot or so above you... because I think that would be very intense with your ceiling tapestry there.

--------------------
repeat after me: "i am a strong black woman"

"awwwww, shucky-ducky!"

OfflineHand_of_Nog
panzerschreck
Male

Loc: New York City
Re: Level 4; best trip ever! pics [Re: sysD]
    #6032118 - 09/05/06 06:18 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Never got it that drastically. The tapestry would seem to come down maybe an inch or two, but for the most part I would end up just immersed in color. I can't really describe it. One moment I'm staring into the tapestry, the next moment, I see nothing but color. But I can always snap out of it by moving my eyes.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

InvisibleDihnekis
Stranger
Male
Re: Level 4; best trip ever! pics [Re: Wholefoods]
    #6032376 - 09/05/06 07:42 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Wholefoods said:
Quote:

Hand_of_Nog said:
My CEV's during this trip made me realize that frightening visuals do not cause bad trips, but rather are frightening only as long as you are having a bad trip.

I totally agree man!

It sounds like it was an amazing trup, it was well written to!

I'd love to get some tapestries such as those.

I agree too, I've had negatie CEVs during an awesome trip... don't know why, but oh well. Great trip report, and I love those tapestries.

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
Re: Level 4; best trip ever! pics [Re: Hand_of_Nog]
    #6032834 - 09/05/06 09:36 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

awesome, glad you had a good trip. i love that ufo tapestry, i gotta find one like that!

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

Invisiblekija
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Level 4; best trip ever! pics [Re: nightkrawler]
    #6033067 - 09/05/06 10:33 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

The real magic is within your head not whats hanging on your wall. But they are very nice. good vibes!
Peace and love, Kija.

--------------------
Am I breathing up or down? says the speaking fictional character.

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: Level 4; best trip ever! pics [Re: sysD]
    #6033390 - 09/06/06 12:05 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

sysD said:
I love your room setup man... I was just wondering if you get the thing where your ceiling seems to drop down until its only a foot or so above you... because I think that would be very intense with your ceiling tapestry there.

:grin: i've seen this happen before whilst tripping inside a small building on halloween years ago, listening to a local band.  the ceiling just rolled down toward me until it was almost touching me, then it went back in place.  very cool to say the least  :mushroom2:

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order