Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Air Pump, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

Question
    #603099 - 04/09/02 10:07 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Last Sun. morning I woke up and finally saw some pins (only 4 ) in my lipa yai, straight verm casing. I cut the humidity down to 89-90, but my question is was I suppose to switch the humdity down right when I see pins, or should I have let them form some more. One more question, after they grow up and finish with their flush, am I suppose to bring the humidity back to above 95 to initiate pinning again, or will they just pin anyway in the 89-90 humidity range.....thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineXAZIA
glitter goddess
Loc: oklahoma
Re: Question [Re: ]
    #603132 - 04/09/02 10:59 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

what are you using for humidification?

--------------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds."

Bob Marley

Remember, EGOISM is the beginning, the source, and the root of EVIL!

http://www.fanaticus.com/pf-tek.htm
http://www.mycotopia.net/teks/hongus.html

Anonymous

Re: Question [Re: XAZIA]
    #603287 - 04/09/02 02:06 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Perlite

OfflineXAZIA
glitter goddess
Loc: oklahoma
Re: Question [Re: ]
    #603390 - 04/09/02 04:16 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

well you usually want to cut the humidity down to INITIATE pinning. when you first case, you cover your casin with either foil, plastic wrap or a lid and let the mycelium colonize the casing layer then you initiate pinning by lowering the humidity, providing fresh air/lowering co2 levels & introducing light. all three of these are accomplished by simply removing your foil/wrap/lid. but don't worry you'll be okay!
peace!

p.s. if you're using perlite exactly how DID you lower your humidity??

--------------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds."

Bob Marley

Remember, EGOISM is the beginning, the source, and the root of EVIL!

http://www.fanaticus.com/pf-tek.htm
http://www.mycotopia.net/teks/hongus.html

Edited by XAZIA (04/09/02 04:18 PM)

Anonymous

Re: Question [Re: XAZIA]
    #603763 - 04/10/02 12:21 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I already initiated pinning not last sunday but the one before it, this Sun. morning was when I first seen pins. Took 1 week. I was just wondering if after the first flush that if your suppose to raise the humdity back up to initiate pinning once again and then lower the humidty back down once they pin again for the second flush. I lowered my humidty by leaving a crack in the lid of my container that is used for the fruiting chamber. I also have 2 big air pumps that are going into the chamber that is pushing the humidty out through the crack in the lid, therefor pushing some of the humidty out the top and keeping it around 86-92 ish. The air pumps also bring fresh air into the chamber and I have a small hole at the bottom of the chamber with a filter disk on it so hopefully some of the co2 is escaping through there and the top of the chamber. The pumps help me out with bringing fresh air into the chamber b/c I can only fan like 3 times a day, b/c im never at my house. So far so good, I am amazed how fast the pins are growing in only 2 days.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Air Pump, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation