Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineschmutzen
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Loc: Miss Kitty's Lounge
namaste's garden
    #6017673 - 09/01/06 08:12 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Here is a year-old peyo, he is 2-3x the size of the rest. 

This one is looking a little brown and shrively underneath, same light, water and other conditions.  Any advice?

Purple Passionflower.  I've tried brushing the pollen onto other flowers in the hopes of getting a fruit, no luck so far.  Hopefully I'll be able to make some cuttings to get through the winter.  The smell is really evident after removing from the vine, mmmmm good stuff.

Big Max, competition size pumpkin fattening up for Samhain.  Notice the poppy missing its head, I wonder how that happened? :wink:  And for future reference, anyone zone 5, midwest - sow your poppies late Feb. early March despite what others on this board say!

Pink Turtlehead.  I love this guy!  Not sure if its a protected species or not, i bought it from an old lady early this spring.  Hopefully be gettinig plenty of seeds to trade.

My first pups.  Going to try my hand at makeing some cuttings this fall.

The elusive Bearded-Dragon in her native habitat, both protecter and destroyer of the magik garden.

Pineapple are extremely easy to grow.  After eating one, slice the very top off and let it set in water to root, changing the water every few days.  It ususally takes me over a year to bear fruit.  I think the more sun they get, gives them a sweeter fruit.  I also fertilize with Safer's Sugar Beet mixture.

A Blosser strain rooting.  My list of clone recipients is now up to nine shroomery members, so I'd like to get those out before adding any new people to the list.

This is an heirloom tomatoe/pepper hybrid.  It is hollow like a pepper, but the seeds are smooshy like a tomatoe.  Makes a great stuffed pepper.  I've found that green tomatoes can ripen up nicely in a South facing window sill.  To get viable seeds for next years tomatoe crop, the tomatoe must be allowed to decompose.

Now i'd like to share some recipes for anyone that has an ubundance of veggies this year.

SOUR CREAM CUCUMBERS 

1 tbsp. sugar
1 c. sour cream
2 tbsp. vinegar
1 1/2 tsp. salt
Cucumbers and onions

Mix sugar, sour cream, vinegar and salt together. Peel - slice cucumbers and onions. Add to cream mixture and chill for 2 hours.
Serves 8.

You can onions, dill, chives, etc.  My grandmother would keep a jar going all summer.

AMISH BROCCOLI SALAD 

1 lg. head broccoli, broken into small flowerettes
1 med. onion or about 1/2 c. chopped onion
8 to 10 slices bacon
1 c. mayonnaise
1/4 to 1/2 c. sugar
2 to 3 tbsp. vinegar
1/2 c. raisins
1/2 c. nuts (optional)

Cut bacon into bits and fry crisp. Mix together mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, bacon and raisins. Pour over broccoli and onions. Mix well. Let stand at least 1 hour or more before serving.

FRIED GREEN TOMATOES

4 to 6 green tomatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
salt and pepper
flour for dusting
2 eggs, beaten
cornmeal or bread crumbs
bacon grease or vegetable oil

Salt and pepper the tomato slices; dust lightly with flour. Dip slices in beaten egg, letting excess drip off, then coat well with meal or crumbs. Fry in hot grease or oil until browned, turning gently (about 3 minutes each side). Keep warm in a low 200° to 250° oven if frying in batches.

Enjoy your the rest of your summer folks, and to those just coming in to summer:  Good Luck :wink:

Edited by schmutzen (09/02/06 09:58 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in Flag
Re: namaste's garden [Re: schmutzen]
    #6017984 - 09/01/06 10:30 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

that's a lovely passion flower!
how old is your vine? i've read they don't bear fruit for the first year or so...

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:
      Visit & Support Free Spore Ring Earth
      :sun: Please help spread live Salvia Divinorum :sun:

Offlineschmutzen
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Re: namaste's garden [Re: Simisu]
    #6018020 - 09/01/06 10:43 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Thank you. It was a skinny 18"er that i put into the ground about three months ago. Do you think a cutting will remember how old it is?

--------------------

"Blow up your TV, throw away your paper.  Go to the country, build you a home."

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

#6019618 - 09/01/06 05:53 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

i'm not sure, maybe it has to do with being astablished in the growned to survive the winter befor it can spend it's energy on fruit?

--------------------
:mushdance::sanpedro::peyote::mushroom2: :heart: Shr:supershroom::supershroom:mery :heart: :mushroom2::peyote::sanpedro::mushdance:

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
    #6019742 - 09/01/06 06:46 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Good stuff. Did you grow the dog from seed or a cutting?

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

InvisibleVirgilKane
Miner for truth and delusion
 User Gallery

Loc: lowdown
Re: namaste's garden [Re: mr_minds_eye]
    #6020617 - 09/01/06 11:04 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

mr_minds_eye said:
Good stuff. Did you grow the dog from seed or a cutting?

Pup. :cool:

--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6020742 - 09/01/06 11:26 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Nice pic at the top. What could others read to help them get that stage from a seed of loph?

Invisiblepoboy
On the bounce
Male

Re: namaste's garden *DELETED* [Re: World Spirit]
    #6020850 - 09/01/06 11:50 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by poboy

Reason for deletion: d

--------------------
Burn the land and boil the sea but you can't take the sky from me.

Invisibledurban_poison
myco contractor
Re: namaste's garden [Re: poboy]
    #6021233 - 09/02/06 02:38 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

from my experience morning glories, hbwr, rivea corymbosa arent self fertilising at least in my experience growing(only 2 seasons with 1 of each no mates). im sure people will prove me wrong but i havent been gifted seeds yet. i would presume passionflower maybe the same. like i said i only have 2 seasons of ipomeas and havent tried passion yet. just my thought.

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Re: namaste's garden [Re: durban_poison]
    #6021620 - 09/02/06 08:11 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

At any given time I've only had one morning glory plant growing and never had issues with it seeding. However given adiquate space why not grow a few. Lets see common as hell, legal plant, which produces a LSD-like compound... Ya know, if only pot was so easy right? Why did we have to put all those god damned leaf pictures everywhere. Ignorance is our ally.

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

Re: namaste's garden [Re: durban_poison]
    #6021623 - 09/02/06 08:12 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

passion flower are very diverse... some can self pollinate and some can't, some will self pollinate and bear fruit but make sterile seeds...
i've seen a vine with fruit on it but after collecting some and coming home i noticed there was nothing but air inside the fruit :smirk:

if you really want to find out about your passion fruit check this site out, try to make an ID of your strain and read what you can do about it...
maybe you can plant another strain by it and they'd interact to cross pollinate?

http://www.passionflow.co.uk/pollinators.htm

(there are some crazy SEM photos of all the parts of the plant... check'em out!)

--------------------

Offlineschmutzen
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Re: namaste's garden [Re: Simisu]
    #6021701 - 09/02/06 09:16 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Cool link. I found this quite interesting:

Quote:

There is also a question over the safety of P. manicata fruit. It is known in Ecuador as 'diablito' because of its hallucinogenic properties.

If i'm able to get the cuttings to take, I'll try keeping one in a gal or larger container for a couple years. I'd assume the plant that i received was a recent cutting rather than grown from seed, so then it would most likely need a large root structure to be inclined to fruit IMO.

--------------------

Offlineschmutzen
King of the side-pins
 User Gallery

Re: namaste's garden [Re: World Spirit]
    #6021714 - 09/02/06 09:23 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

What could others read to help them get that stage from a seed of loph?

I actually received them at that stage of growth, I would like to hear any suggestions from those with experience as well.

--------------------

InvisibleSimisu
taken by gravity
 User Gallery

#6021723 - 09/02/06 09:28 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

take a look at the Erowid passionfruit vault :tongue:

what scared me a little was that some spicies have high cyanide content in leaves and fruit (although cyanide breaks down befor the fruit ripens)

i don't know what happens to cyanide when smoked though?

--------------------

Invisiblerod
Ψ
 User Gallery

#6021724 - 09/02/06 09:28 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

very nice  :thumbup:

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: namaste's garden [Re: rod]
    #6021758 - 09/02/06 09:46 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

i believe bitter cherry leafs are considered an entheogen, and it has cyanide in the leafs (which are poisonous oraly)
i wouldnt be surprised if u got a little of it

not as bad as breathing city air at least

EDIT: forgot to mention, prunus emarginata (bitter cherry) was used by natives, the bark for healing and an antidepressant, and the leafs were smoked as a cannabis substitute.

it was probably on the nook where I read this, but theres many a book that have mentioned it.

cyanide is most concentrated in the leafs, and least contained in the lower trunk.

InvisibleBlueDruid
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #6027174 - 09/04/06 05:56 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Nice Garden Namaste,
[Quote]Do you think a cutting will remember how old it is?
[/Quote]

They do. Its a peculiarity of cuttings that they have the age of the original parent plant they were cut from, that is they have been shown to have the properties/behave in the same way, etc as the original plant rather than simply acting as a new seedling. It's similar to the situation with Dolly the Sheep where they took sheep cells cloned them & found the clone was, at a cellular level, the same age as the cell donor and had developed arthritis way before a uncloned sheep would have.

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Re: namaste's garden [Re: BlueDruid]
    #6027592 - 09/04/06 09:33 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I thought that this would be worth mentioning: I started persuing dragon fruit cultivation lately. The seedlings take 2 years to get to the point where they can produce fruit. On the other hand cuttings taked from a mature vine take 6-8 months.

--------------------
-Stephen Hawking

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom