Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Peruvian Torch
    #6022715 - 09/02/06 04:22 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Has anybody had experience with Trichocereus Peruvianis, and what is the appropriate amount for use?

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

Re: Peruvian Torch [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #6022744 - 09/02/06 04:37 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Had an equivalent of 32 grams via alcohol extraction a week and a half ago.  :thumbup: I wanted to make sure to start with a low dose, got some good visuals but next time Ill go with 60grams...

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

Re: Peruvian Torch [Re: EquilibriuM]
    #6022755 - 09/02/06 04:39 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

It is a guiding and healing masculine spirit as you already know... very pleasant and long lasting.... I was out there for about 8hrs on that 32 gram dose...

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

Invisiblespecial_k
Ketamine is myLSD

Loc: TX
    #6022845 - 09/02/06 05:15 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

You are talking about dry dosage right?

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: Peruvian Torch [Re: special_k]
    #6022862 - 09/02/06 05:25 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I am talking about wet dosage. I have a plant that is 9 years old, and 7 foot tall...needs trimming just to get it in the door. I have never touched it. I was wondering at the potency of this stuff.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Invisiblespecial_k
Ketamine is myLSD

#6022882 - 09/02/06 05:36 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#6022922 - 09/02/06 06:02 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks, but I was hoping that someone here had some experience to impart. I have read all of that internet BS about it being as strong as peyote, and I don't buy it. My experience with Pachanoi is extensive, but I wondering about some guidelines for Peruvianis. Thanks in advance to anyone who has experience with this.

--------------------

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

#6022938 - 09/02/06 06:14 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I'm sorry, I was talking dry dosage...

I have heard a lot about Peruvianis people grow in the US to not be Peruvianis at all and an inactive ornamental... How did you get your cactus?

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#6022977 - 09/02/06 06:27 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Got it from New Mexico Cactus Research 9 years...almost 10 years ago. It IS peruvianis. I have checked the ID carefully using cactus guides. The guy at New Mexico Cactus Research really knows his shit as well. It is 7 feet tall with 4 inch diameter branches at this point...it started as a 9 inch cutting 2 in in diameter.

--------------------

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

#6022982 - 09/02/06 06:30 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Nice  :goodluck:

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#6023057 - 09/02/06 07:18 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

"Got it from New Mexico Cactus Research 9 years...almost 10 years ago. It IS peruvianis. I have checked the ID carefully using cactus guides. The guy at New Mexico Cactus Research really knows his shit as well. It is 7 feet tall with 4 inch diameter branches at this point...it started as a 9 inch cutting 2 in in diameter. "

Got any pics?

It isn't a matter of your guy not being a professional. It's a matter of the species not having a true and clear definition at this point. So, it could be accurately identified by many standards, but it's unclear whether the original Peruvianus that was identified was more like the (clearly distinguishable from each other) macrogonus or cuzcoensis. One typically strong, one typically void. Or perhaps something else entirely. But peruvianus almost always look like one of those two, as opposed to something unique. Though of course there are some hybrid trichocereus species which can only be speculated on that are sold as peruvianus too. In the US, nearly always cuzcoensis.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#6023640 - 09/02/06 11:30 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

So...nobody has actual experience to offer? I can deal with that. I been there before......the unknown rocks.

--------------------

Invisiblespecial_k
Ketamine is myLSD

#6023803 - 09/03/06 12:39 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Thats always fun. I hear that mescaline is forgiving if you over do it accidently so have fun.

If it has a water content of 90%, than using equilibrium's 32 gram dose would be 320 grams of fresh cactus. Water content can still vary a lot though so this isn't written in stone.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#6024755 - 09/03/06 11:57 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, but the dry skin would be only the green skin, with maybe a little white skin. Surely no core. Can't really compare.

"So...nobody has actual experience to offer? I can deal with that. I been there before......the unknown rocks. "

The point is that no one knows what kind of cactus you have. There is no guranteed confirmed T. Peruvianus species. Yours was confirmed by some standard, but the whole thing is a mess.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

InvisibleMourningdove
Stranger
Re: Peruvian Torch [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #6024788 - 09/03/06 12:12 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Thricocerus pachanoi is good when you use 1,000 grams or more of fresh cactus. Yes, thae are very variable. They shuffle the alkaloids per plant. One effect from one plant can be very different from another. A friend has found that they usually all have something to offer. She prepares by cutting 1,000 or more grams of fresh cactus. Despining, Cutting out the core if it is very thick. Blending up. Adding a little water and simmering on low heat for 30 minutes. Than straining through cheesecloth-really straining! Repeat process with strained material. Just add a little water. You will thank yourself with less to drink. Simmer again for another half hour and strain one more time through cheesecloth. If you don't add lots of water, you can get away with a quart of the "yummy" tea.

That is one way. You will find many other's methods. This way has worked for my friend everytime with great visuals. She has never tried peruvianus, but has had good luck with pachanoi.

Always remember to thank the San Pedro plant spirit and it will teach you well.

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: Peruvian Torch [Re: Mourningdove]
    #6025730 - 09/03/06 06:07 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Koala Koolio:
"Yours was confirmed by some standard, but the whole thing is a mess."

I have been gardening cactus for years and years. I know what I have. I have identified it as peruvianus using several guides. The deal is that everyone here has ordered their torch dried online...which was most likely pachanoi. No one has experience with it fresh because few have the patience to grow it.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: Peruvian Torch [Re: Mourningdove]
    #6025737 - 09/03/06 06:09 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I usually recommend 2500 grams.

--------------------

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
    #6025742 - 09/03/06 06:12 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

...or the current ability to grow it*

as an alternative to patience :grin:

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: Peruvian Torch [Re: demiu5]
    #6025910 - 09/03/06 07:23 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

"I have been gardening cactus for years and years. I know what I have. I have identified it as peruvianus using several guides. The deal is that everyone here has ordered their torch dried online...which was most likely pachanoi. No one has experience with it fresh because few have the patience to grow it. "

Not the issue at all.

The problem isn't that "most people can't identify their cacti."

The issue is over what T. Peruvianus actually is. And there is no confirmed answer to that. Meaning, there is no absolute current confirmed species that matches Britton and Rose's initial documented find ( here http://www.thenook.org/forum/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=16873 ) I'm not doubting your ability to classify cacti using available (even professional) guides and guidelines.

Perhaps you've seen the following: http://sacredcactus.com/ebay7-2/Cuttings2.jpg

Even if you do have the "true" one labeled there, who's to say that's what it is, when it looks so much like a macrogonus.

So, I'm saying we don't know what peruvianus means, nor does it really matter beyond the fact that it's an interesting topic. What does matter is that there's no third cactus that is clearly peruvianus, and differs from these two. What also matters is differentiating between the two things sold, as they are very different, and potentially disappointing to members here. Some might even have a cuzcoensis for 6 years before finding out.

What I'm saying is that calling it peruvianus isn't specific enough. Not because the grower hasn't identified his plant according to some standard, but because there is no absolute standard or universal answer. Peruvianus means nothing besides, "Probably a cuzcoensis or macrogonus, with a slim chance of 'other'."

Also: The 2 largest sellers of dry torch skin have plants that by far resemble T. Macrogonus, not pachanoi. Identification issues have nothing to do with dry stuff, but with live cacti sold in the US.

I hope I haven't offended you, or your ability to identify the cacti. I'm simply saying it's a larger issue. You may have *accurately* identified your cactus by a few guides, and still have a kk242 peruvianus, which is generally a cuzcoensis. Meaning you'd have what is sold as T. peruvianus by many nurseries, but is practically void of desirable alkaloids.

--------------------

Edited by Koala Koolio (09/03/06 07:29 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder