Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  [ show all ]
OfflineLightShedder
Trading currencies
 User Gallery

Loc: AustinDenverLA
Re: hiv is not real [Re: LightShedder]
    #6024961 - 09/03/06 01:25 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

this is from totse i know... but ive seen it somewhere else too and couldnt find it. i want to post it though cause its important about the man-made theory. dont let the fact that its from totse turn u off
http://www.totse.com/en/conspiracy/the_aids_conspiracy/hivconsp.html

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
Re: hiv is not real [Re: koppie]
    #6025088 - 09/03/06 02:14 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

koppie said:
Actually there is some evidence, but still very speculative. It appears that descendents of survivors of the Black Death have a genetic mutation that also confers some resistance to HIV. The plagues of the Middle Ages may have caused some natural selection that favors people of European descent.

http://www.science-frontiers.com/sf119/sf119p05.htm

Actually, that is a good point! I forgot about that. There is a statistically significant difference in susceptibility to HIV/AIDS due to ancestry.

I believe it's specific mutation (a "Delta 32" mutation, or something like that) to a gene that codes for a particular cell-wall protein. If both of your parents have this mutation, as result of ancestral-selection from the black-plague in Europe than you are practically immune to HIV. Or so, I had seen on several PBS documentaries several years ago...

If I remember correctly, the original "patient zero," when they were first learning about AIDS in the 1980s, was a airline steward of french ancestry who was immune to AIDS. He kept traveling and spreading it among the homosexual community, but he never contracted it himself. This is from memory though, it would need to be verified. I wonder if he possessed that same genetic mutation?

--------------------

InvisibleColonel Kurtz Ph.D
What What?
Male User Gallery
Loc: Shadow Moses
    #6025093 - 09/03/06 02:18 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

LightShedder said:
oh yeah i can simply explain to you how a retrovirus works. are u tryin to have another "intelligence contest"?

I wasn't talking about you specifically, don't take it so personally :shrug:

--------------------
:whatwhat:

There's no better way to rock out than with your cock out!!

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: hiv = harmless [Warning: Contains Hypothetical 3rd Party Material & Conjecture] [Re: LightShedder]
    #6025101 - 09/03/06 02:23 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

HIV doesn't exist, and this is a pic of ghosts:

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Re: hiv is not real [Re: Papaver]
    #6025119 - 09/03/06 02:35 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

On "patient zero." Now under dispute...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patient_Zero
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ga%C3%ABtan_Dugas

Here we go. It's a specific mutation to the gene that codes for the CCR5 protein (a chemokine receptor)...

Quote:

CCR5-Δ32 (or CCR5-D32) is a genetic defect affecting the human immune system that has both harmful and beneficial effects. It is a deletion mutation of a gene specifically impacting the function of T cells. CCR5-D32 is widely dispersed throughout Northern Europe and in those of European descent. It is thought that this allele was favored by natural selection during the Black Death. The gene has a negative effect upon T cell function, but appears to protect against smallpox, plague and HIV. Individuals with the Δ32 allele of CCR5 are healthy, suggesting that CCR5 is dispensable.

While CCR5 has multiple variants in its coding region, the deletion of a 32-bp segment results in a nonfunctional receptor, thus preventing HIV R5 entry; two copies of this gene provide strong protection against HIV infection, although the protection is not absolute. This gene is found in up to 20% of Europeans but is rare in Africans and Asians. Multiple studies of HIV-infected persons have shown that presence of one copy of this gene delays progression to the condition of AIDS by about 2 years. And it is possible that a person with the CCR5-Δ32 receptor gene will not be infected with HIV R5 strains.

More at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_32

--------------------

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: hiv is not real [Re: Papaver]
    #6025190 - 09/03/06 03:06 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Very interesting. I did not know there was natural resistance to an HIV infection.

Invisibleshymanta
Mad Scientist
 User Gallery

Re: hiv is not real [Re: ClammyJoe]
    #6025539 - 09/03/06 05:00 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

TheMadConductor said to LightShedder:
I hope you die of AIDS.

Hey, man.  You can't say something like this and expect not to get a bad rating. :nonono:

OfflineLightShedder
Trading currencies
 User Gallery

Re: hiv = harmless [Warning: Contains Hypothetical 3rd Party Material & Conjecture] [Re: Diploid]
    #6025667 - 09/03/06 05:41 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Diploid said:
HIV doesn't exist, and this is a pic of ghosts:

again... this theory isnt claiming that hiv doesnt exist. it claims that is harmless and does not cause AIDS.

--------------------

What What?
Male User Gallery
Re: hiv is not real [Re: Le_Canard]
    #6025685 - 09/03/06 05:49 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ToiletDuk said:
Very interesting. I did not know there was natural resistance to an HIV infection.

In fact the human body also creates HIV antibodies to fight the infection, but since the virus attacks T cells the ammount of white cells goes down and the infection continues. If HIV attacked, say, only lung cells it might not be worse than common influenza. Pretty interesting uh?

--------------------

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Re: hiv = harmless [Warning: Contains Hypothetical 3rd Party Material & Conjecture] [Re: LightShedder]
    #6025686 - 09/03/06 05:49 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

It's the legacy of poorly thought-out thread title. 78 percent* of people only read the healine...

You need Mr. Peabody and his Wayback Machine!™ :laugh:

*I made up that percentage

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: hiv = harmless [Warning: Contains Hypothetical 3rd Party Material & Conjecture] [Re: Papaver]
    #6025697 - 09/03/06 05:52 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

coincidentaly, 78% of all statistics are made up on the spot

OfflineLightShedder
Trading currencies
 User Gallery

Re: hiv is not real [Re: Colonel Kurtz Ph.D]
    #6025706 - 09/03/06 05:56 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

yep. the antibodies the body creates are actually what they try to detect in HIV tests. they don't look for HIV itself, but the antibodies. Nonspecific reactions, hypergammaglobulinemia, or the presence of antibodies directed to other infectious agents that may be antigenically similar to HIV can produce false positive results. Autoimmune diseases, such as systemic lupus erythematosus, can also cause false positive results. That would be shitty.

--------------------

OfflineLightShedder
Trading currencies
 User Gallery

Re: hiv = harmless [Warning: Contains Hypothetical 3rd Party Material & Conjecture] [Re: Papaver]
    #6025711 - 09/03/06 05:58 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Papaver said:
It's the legacy of poorly thought-out thread title. 78 percent* of people only read the healine...

You need Mr. Peabody and his Wayback Machine!™ :laugh:

*I made up that percentage

yeah i was in a hurry and just wanted to start a quick post that might spark some peoples attention. i should have put my first post together a little better. oh well i think if they read through theyll see kinda whats bein talked about here.

--------------------

What What?
Male User Gallery
    #6025719 - 09/03/06 06:02 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

False positives are rare thought, since they use two separate tests to confirm HIV, the ELISA and the west blot test or something like that. If ELISA confirms HIV they run the second one, which lowers dramatically the chance of a false positive.
Personally, the way I took my test here in Spain was to get a medical test and then donate plasma so they would screen me again, which made me confindent that the results were right :shrug:

BTW, false negatives are way more common than false positives... sometimes if you test yourself too soon after exposure the antibodies are not present yet... now that'd be shitty too  :crazy:

--------------------

OfflineLightShedder
Trading currencies
 User Gallery

Re: hiv = harmless [Re: Colonel Kurtz Ph.D]
    #6025724 - 09/03/06 06:04 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

yes i think the average seroconversion is 3 to 6 months.

--------------------

Edited by LightShedder (09/03/06 06:04 PM)

What What?
Male User Gallery
Re: hiv = harmless [Re: LightShedder]
    #6025762 - 09/03/06 06:26 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Yep it's about 3 months usually but it can take as long as 6 months if you're extra healthy :wink:

--------------------

OfflineLightShedder
Trading currencies
 User Gallery

Re: hiv = harmless [Re: Colonel Kurtz Ph.D]
    #6025781 - 09/03/06 06:37 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Peg Legged Snake said:
Yep it's about 3 months usually but it can take as long as 6 months if you're extra healthy :wink:

arent the antibodies ur immune system fighting off the virus? doesnt that mean that the healthier your immune system the earlier the antibodies would be released/detected? or would it mean that your immune system is healthy enough so that it doesn't need to release antibodies until later? i would assume that the healthier you are the earlier these antibodies would be released which would mean the earlier you can detect HIV. Im not sure though.

--------------------

What What?
Male User Gallery
Re: hiv = harmless [Re: LightShedder]
    #6025804 - 09/03/06 06:47 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Well I'm not sure either, you may be right.
My way of thinking about it was that if your immune system works great the antibodies would do their job fast an efficiently enough so the infection would be low which would induce a clinical latency, thus lowering the amount of antibodies on the bloodstream and making it harder to detect :shrug:
As you probably know the immune response can be relatively low on the first exposure to an antigen, and since HIV just needs exposure one time to make itself at home this response would be comparatively slower than with other infections of repeated exposure. This could explain why it takes so long to develop antibodies :shrug:
The truth is I have no idea about this exact detail of the infection process, but would love to hear an educated guess. I find this topic fascinating!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains