Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTomorrowAlready
Stranger
how potent would be a 25 grams wet mushroom ?
    #6019832 - 09/01/06 09:07 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I've just harvested my second flush of Cubensis B+ from a dutch growkit bought online.

The first flush gave only 50 grams of fresh mushrooms while I got 220 grams from the second (I must say I waited a bit longer before harvesting the second flush, this is my first growing experience, I'm learning!). I got mostly big mushrooms from the second flush, six of them are about 20/25 grams each. The others are about 10/15 grams.

My question is how potent would be a 25 grams mushroom eaten by a single person ?

The veil opened about 2/3 days before harvest, no sign of spores as far as I noticed. Can I expect a decent trip from one of these mushrooms considering the potency is certainly weaker than the mushrooms from my first flush who have much more of this blue colour on their stem.

Thanks for your answers...

Edited by TomorrowAlready (09/01/06 09:08 PM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: how potent would be a 25 grams wet mushroom ? [Re: TomorrowAlready]
    #6019865 - 09/01/06 09:16 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I have never weighed a dose when wet and then weighed the same dose when dry.

They are mostly water so you are basically looking at approx. 2.5 grams worth of dried shrooms.

How blue a mushroom is is not a good indication of how potent they are. However, small mushrooms are more potent per weight than larger ones.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

OfflineMustNotBe
HPPDer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: BrewCity
Re: how potent would be a 25 grams wet mushroom ? [Re: yageman]
    #6019878 - 09/01/06 09:20 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

A report I read of a guy that ate a bunch of aborts said he got a lvl 5 trip from 2 grams of the aborts.

--------------------
Junkies United we stand , Devided we're sick as fuck.
-                  -                -
"Hallucinations are something heroin users are not at all accustomed to," said Const. Conor King, Victoria police drug expert. "They react like you or I would react if we took Aspirin and all of a sudden the TV got up and started walking across the room."
-                  -                -
Make drugs legal, or alcohol and tobacco illegal. Either way it's more fair.

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: how potent would be a 25 grams wet mushroom ? [Re: MustNotBe]
    #6019920 - 09/01/06 09:30 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Any nice sized abort is usually about as potent as any mushroom can be at any stage of growth. The smaller the abort the closer it gets to being only as potent as the mycelium that it grows on.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (09/01/06 09:30 PM)

InvisibleWholefoods
It's a gift
 User Gallery

Loc: Outer Heaven
Re: how potent would be a 25 grams wet mushroom ? [Re: MustNotBe]
    #6019923 - 09/01/06 09:30 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

When I ate 24.5 grams fresh, I had quite low level trip, maybea level 1.5 trip at most. It felt good, but not really like a trip.
I am beginning to think I have a fairly high tolerance though. Then again maybe not. I have never taken that much and but the mushrooms seemed to be very very wet and picked only minutes before I ate them. The big one actually leaked out some water when I squeezed the stem and this was after weighing it. O.o

--------------------
later gator

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: how potent would be a 25 grams wet mushroom ? [Re: Wholefoods]
    #6019947 - 09/01/06 09:40 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

If you are comparing your own homegrowns(or a friends) to the typical street shroom, Its amazing how much potency can vary.

Mushrooms sold in bulk are usually grown in casings and are under some serious supervision the whole time. What you get "on the street" as they say are often bone dry and grown under more ideal conditions.

If you want to make your shrooms bone dry, 25 grams might end up actually being closer to 2.1 grams or so. They are only as potent as you allowed them to be.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
Re: how potent would be a 25 grams wet mushroom ? [Re: yageman]
    #6020497 - 09/02/06 12:43 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

every batch can vary extremly, your 25 grams, like my man said, is roughly equal to 2.5g dried, meaning only if you dry them that is what they will will weigh, go off of the potency of your first flush, minus a lil bit, its a wishy washy thing, but i think you can figure out what to expect

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

InvisibleEndlessNameless
Stranger

Loc: Valley of the Sun
Re: how potent would be a 25 grams wet mushroom ? [Re: TomorrowAlready]
    #6020933 - 09/02/06 02:11 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Dry = approximately 10% of wet weight

25 wet grams = 2.5 dry grams

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience