Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejofuss
Stranger
Loc: Kansas
Pretty damn freeky expieriance
    #601559 - 04/07/02 07:09 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Last night was the second time I have ever tripped. Me and two friends (both second time trippers) each bought 4grams of shrooms from another friend (the first time I tripped was with 4 grams, but my friend warned me these were alot stronger then the other batch) and gobbled them down at one of their houses. We drank a gallon of orange juice between the three of us and smoked a blunt. Within about 15 or so minutes, the fun began. I can remember drawing pictures, watching TV while listening to music and talking non stop about really stupid things. about an hour and a half later, some friends stopped by to mess around with us. It was really fun, and that was the time I started tripping pretty hard. I felt like i was in a cartoon because everything was very colorful, and I started talking about the time I rode inside of a computer drier. My friend who lived in the house went compleatly nuts awhile after that and started repeating phrases like "It hurts to be me!" "THINGS!" "I forgot who I am" and was saying alot of his friends names. Well the next thing I remember, he pissed his pants and everyone left (it was actully kinda funny). So there we are, the three of us tripping very fucking hard. I was laying in the bed looking around, while the other two were convincing themselves that they ate too much and that this shouldnt be happening. Well, the next thing I know the friend that lives in the house picked up his night stand and threw it, spilt all kinds of drinks on his bed, tore up books and posters, almost broke his tv and radio. Fourtunatly, the other friend was able to keep him from doing that, but not keeping him from trying to hang from his ceiling fan (which also broke) and breaking one of his windows (i cant remember how, he might of puched it or something). After that the other friend freeked out and decided he had to leave, so he got a ride home. I, on the other hand, had drivin myself and had nowhere else to go, so stayed. I went into the other room and layed on the couch listening to my friend talk to himself while he walked back and forth through the basement only wearing a t-shirt. I didnt know what to do, I was soooo out of it. Eventully I fell asleep, but was woken up by his sister's boyfriend in whcih I explained what happend, still tripping but gradually coming down. His mom came downstairs and flipped her lid after finding out about his room. I woke up the next morning sometime in the noon and went home, avoiding contact with my friend and his mom. This was absolutly the most worst expieriance ever, while nothing really bad happend to me it was still a bad trip in my part. My friend was absolutly retarted from the trip and did not know what he was doing. What caused this? How do you prevent a thing like this from happening, and if it ever does happen to a person your tripping with, how do you snap them out of it? This really really sucked very bad and im thinking about just staying away from the whole trip thing. Any advice? Words of encouragement? Thx a bunch!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNacNac
journeyman
Re: Pretty damn freeky expieriance [Re: jofuss]
    #601642 - 04/07/02 09:35 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Well first off you went wrong with the 4g dose... Unless you are very prepared for it you shouldnt do it... Especially your second time. Also all shrooms are different 4g of one could be completly different then 4g of another. Second when your "friends" came over and started messing with you that did not help at all.
Also your friend probably wasnt in the right mind... Was anything happening in his life that was going wrong? Was that his first time?
Music also helps alot in changing a trip... If you start having a bad trip change the music... Listen to something happy that all of you like..
When you start having a bad trip you should tell yourself that your ok you chose to take this drug, you know what it does to you, you know that it will pass...
Before you try a psycedelic drug like this you and your friends must read up on it as much as possible...
Also there is no reason to avoid tripping unless you dont enjoy it... Take a 2g dose next time with a close friend you know will have a good time... Also read more about it!!! There is so much information on this webpage!! Read it all... And ask as many questions as possible. There are so many people to help you out here.

Have fun!

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #601840 - 04/08/02 01:57 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Me and two friends (both second time trippers) each bought 4grams of shrooms from another friend (the first time I tripped was with 4 grams, but my friend warned me these were alot stronger then the other batch) ...

How do you prevent a thing like this from happening, and if it ever does happen to a person your tripping with, how do you snap them out of it? This really really sucked very bad and im thinking about just staying away from the whole trip thing. Any advice?

Sorry to hear that you had a bad time.

However, why would you possibly ask for advice when you fail to heed it when given? Your contact warned they they were very powerful, but not you, nor any of your friends, listened.

In almost every negative trip report, people give a warning at the end of their narrative. I'm sure that you have read some of them before this. Why was no heed given?

To recap for the thousandth time:

1. Know what you are putting into your body (correctly identify the substance and know it's purity / potency).

2. Know or establish the correct dosage for the given substance.

3. Make proper preparations as to time, people, setting.

4. Know the people whom you are going to trip with.

5. Trip with the proper mindset (not tired, bored, upset, etc.).

6. If all conditions are not right, postpone the trip. What is the hurry!

There is more, but it has all been covered before.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Pretty damn freeky expieriance [Re: Swami]
    #602197 - 04/08/02 12:34 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Swami, I think you are onto something here, but I donno what. I about fell out of my chair laughing at your post of quotes from trip reports. I don't understand how a person can read about ahorrid trip that ends with a "I will never take 50 grams again, ever" and turn around and say "I think I am gonna try 100 grams, I really wanna fly... what do you guys think?" and then not listen to anything anybody else says. It is as if these people want to hear that is all going to be fine, but when they hear the warnings instead, they ignore them. Later we end up with one more trip report that doesn't say anything new other than large doses aren't always fun. If nothing else, I suppose it is good for a chuckle. The danger though is that these huge dose bad trips often end up in the hospital (out of fear) giving the rest of us, and shrooms for that matter, a bad reputation.

I also don't buy the "I was going for egoloss so I ate as much as I could ... " type of excuse. I meditate a lot (without drugs), and I know for fact (for me at least) that it is much easier to meditate on a low dose than on a high dose. For me, the meditation is what leads to egoloss (at least what I think is egoloss looking back), not the huge doses. If anything, the huge doses make it harder because my mind becomes shattered and I lose focus too quickly.

Perhaps it is a maturity issue, or a coming of age type of thing. People seem to have a need to validate their existance by pushing the boundries of the norm. We have seen this throughout time with initiation rituals, hazing, etc. Perhaps the first time huge doses have a "if I do a massive dose, I will prove to everybody else that I can handle my drugs" or somesuch mentality.

(my 50/100 gram examples assume wet weights)

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineTrauM
Poker Player

Loc: North America
    #602214 - 04/08/02 12:58 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Something like this can easily be prevented, its called tripping with people are responsible and maturely grown..

There are a few categorys of people who shouldnt be exposed to drugs, I think your friend there definately falls into one of them.

--------------------
Oh what a tangled web we weave when we practise to deceive..

Jump to top Pages: 1

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag