Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: Sadaam made to watch south park repeatedly [Re: EntheogenicPeace]
    #6015833 - 08/31/06 03:49 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

EntheogenicPeace said:
You want a link about the double standard of coverage in the U.S. media (as well as a summery of the overall geopolitical scene in the Middle East)?

http://www.counterpunch.org/chomsky08162006.html

You call Hezbollah a group of thugs representing a foreign government? They are a thoroughly Lebanese resistance movement that has the broad support of the Lebanese people; not only Shia Muslims, but Sunni Muslims, Christians, and Druze as well.

They are a tool of Iran and Syria who have co-opted the foreign policy decisions of the rightful and duly elected government of Lebanon. Do you deny this?
Quote:

You may not be aware of this, but Hamas runs extensive social services for the impoverished Palestinians on the West Bank (as the Hezbollah does in Lebanon). Their political party was democratically elected, but the U.S./Zionist imperialists aren't interested in real democracy. They only want "democracy" if it puts their puppets in power, not a leadership committed to the self-determination of its people. Hence, they will undertake any means, no matter how illegal, in attempting to thwart real democracy, the kind that doesn't serve corporate America (the U.S. role in subverting the democratically-elected government of Salvador Allende in Chile & the Sandinistas in Nicaragua are parallels to Israel's sabatoge of the Hamas government).

Irrelevant and not even remotely close to the scale of anything the US did in SA. Further, the Sandinistas were VOTED OUT by the people of Nicaragua. To their everlasting credit they accepted electoral defeat. Chile seems to be doing quite nicely these days. Further, for your edification, even Hamas is decrying the kidnapping and daily rocket attacks.
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1154525954624
""Gaza is suffering under the yoke of anarchy and the swords of thugs," Hamad wrote. "
"This is how Ghazi Hamad, spokesman for the Hamas-controlled Palestinian Authority government and a former newspaper editor, described the situation in the Gaza Strip in an article he published on Sunday on some Palestinian news Web sites."

Their party was elected, the rocket attacks and kidnappings increased and nobody will give them money any more. Boo fucking hoo.
Quote:

The Arab world condemned Hezbollah? This demonstrates that you, not I, are out of touch with reality on the Arab street. First, U.S. puppets initially issued tenative criticism of Hezbollah, but even they backed off due to how popular Hezbollah is in the Arab world. You may not be aware of this either, but U.S. puppet governments in the Middle East not only are not democratic, they don't represent the interests of their people. In fact, they walk a very fine line and, with the right provocation, could be overthrown by popular revolt. The present situation of disconnect between subservient (to America) Arab governments and their populations is very much a powder keg.

Who are these mystical Arab puppet governments? Saudi Arabia? Jordan? Anybody who doesn't actively spew anti American venom is a puppet to you? Laughable.
Quote:

"So far as the United States seems to be concerned, it is only a slight overstatement to say that Moslems and Arabs are essentially seen as either oil suppliers or potential terrorists. Very little of the detail, the human density, the passion of Arab-Moslem life has entered the awareness of even those people whose profession it is to report the Arab world. What we have instead is a series of crude, essentialized caricatures of the Islamic world presented in such a way as to make that world vulnerable to military aggression." - Edward Said

Another complete asshole quoted by you. I don't much care what they do as long as they stay within their own borders. Their sense of dudgeon is utterly absurd and will be crushed. Caricatures didn't fly planes into my buildings. And apologists like you and Said are of no help whatsoever.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#6015839 - 08/31/06 03:53 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

EntheogenicPeace said:
zappaisgod: [Whatever you say. I didn't know that was a common fascist tactic. Gotta link? You spout the same shit as Ward Churchill and Noam Chomsky, both of whom are marginalized. So, ipso facto, you are marginalized. I have no idea what the rest of the world thinks, I know what happens here. I also know most Americans can't identify the Vice President by name. So what?]

You say my views are marginalized, and then proceed to acknowledge that you have no idea what the rest of the world thinks. How can you possibly say with any degree of certainty that my views are marginalized when you yourself admit you are oblivious to how most of the world thinks and feels?

I don't live in the rest of the world, I live here, and I know that your views are marginalized here, in America. Where do you live? If you also live here then YOU don't know what the rest of the world thinks any more than I do.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#6015842 - 08/31/06 03:55 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

EntheogenicPeace said:
zappaisgod: [I would love to see a link for any of this alleged military and economic support for S. Africa.]

Certainly...

http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/Global_Secrets_Lies/Israel_SAfrica.html

You are really going to have to do better than the loon links. Sorry. What's the other one you like so much? Counterpunch? That shit just isn't going to fly mon frere.

--------------------

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Sadaam made to watch south park repeatedly [Re: Vvellum]
    #6015926 - 08/31/06 04:46 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

bi0 said:
Quote:

Redstorm said:
Don't be pretentious; I was just asking a question. I'll do some reading on all of those, but none of them look too recent. Do we no longer have a policy of genocide or something?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/School_of_the_Americas

...and I would not use the term genocide, personally. certainly, mass murder, torture, assassination, terrorism, etc fit better.

:thumbup:

I just can't stand it when people take actual words with meaning and turn them into buzz-words that end up meaning whatever they want them to mean. Misusing the word genocide downplays what genocide actually is, and the situations in which is has occurred.

InvisibleEntheogenicPeace
Scholar
Male

--- [Re: Redstorm]
    #6016436 - 08/31/06 07:28 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (11/27/14 04:42 PM)

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #6016454 - 08/31/06 07:32 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

You are one of the people who is turning "genocide" into a buzzword by using it when it doesn't apply.

Scholar
Male

--- [Re: zappaisgod]
    #6016476 - 08/31/06 07:42 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (11/27/14 04:43 PM)

Scholar
Male

#6016488 - 08/31/06 07:48 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (11/27/14 04:43 PM)

Scholar
Male

#6016515 - 08/31/06 07:59 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (11/27/14 04:44 PM)

InvisibleVvellum
Stranger

Re: Sadaam made to watch south park repeatedly [Re: zappaisgod]
    #6016737 - 08/31/06 09:25 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Israel has never attempted any adventurism, despite the lies of the Muslims. They are the ones dedicated to the eradication of a whole people

Are you sure Israel has not attempted ethnic cleansing?

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#6018773 - 09/01/06 02:18 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

EntheogenicPeace said:
[I don't live in the rest of the world, I live here, and I know that your views are marginalized here, in America. Where do you live? If you also live here then YOU don't know what the rest of the world thinks any more than I do. ]

I don't know what the rest of the world thinks any more than you do? LOL... coming from someone who think a majority of Arabs in the world condemn Hezbollah...

Please find that quote
Quote:

Mythical puppet governments?!?

Please list the puppets
Quote:

Just out of curiousity, have you ever talked politics with someone of Arabic descent and/or Islamic faith?

Face to face. Yep. The ones I've spoken to are quite disgusted with some of their brethren. They don't agree with me on everything, obviously, but every one I've spoken too thinks Hamas, Hezbollah, Islamic Jihad, AlQ and the rest are very, very bad for Isalm. At any rate, you have avoided the question. Which doesn't surprise me.
Quote:

Have you ever heard of dialouge and talking to people from different cultures and of different ethnic backrounds? I know it sounds radical to some Americans, whose knee-jerk reaction is to bomb, enslave, & exploit others around the world for profit. But it is possible to work together with others instead of beating the drum of war & singing an anthem of bigotry and misinformation.

Sure it's possible to work together with some people. But not all people. When you grow up you will find that a great many people will accept nothing but total acquiescence. A lot of them. A whole fucking shitload of them. Sometimes in business, sometimes in personal realtionships, sometimes in religious matters. These people are fucking everywhere and there are millions upon millions of them. And then there is a whole enormous population of people who just won't accept that they have lost and that their position is bankrupt and thanatotic. The Islamic whackos just have to accept the fact that there is and will be an Israel and that there is and will be an America. Every problem in the mid-east is due to Islamic recalcitrance. Most of them know it. Unfortunately they cannot and neverhave been able to effectively govern the nuts in their midst. This is how Hezbollah was able to co-opt the duly elected government of Lebanon. Which got Lebanon blowed up (deliberate bad grammar). Here's something that borders on an oxymoron...Arab government. Here's something that's a total fiction.... Arab democracy. Lebanon looked like it might be one but a government that does not govern is a sham. Huge parts of Pakistan are not really Pakistan

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#6018817 - 09/01/06 02:29 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

EntheogenicPeace said:
[You are really going to have to do better than the loon links. Sorry. What's the other one you like so much? Counterpunch? That shit just isn't going to fly mon frere.]

I know independent and foreign media sources seem crazy to you. Why leave the comforting, ethnocentrism-reaffirming lies of U.S. government propaganda delivered through its corporate mouthpieces?

You linked Counterpunch, which calls itself a newsletter, not exactly journalism, and a 20 year old piece by Jane Hunter. Really, you should be embarrassed. That and your admiration for murderers.... Yep, you are one serious rebel. Fight the Power, Right On.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Re: Sadaam made to watch south park repeatedly [Re: Vvellum]
    #6018819 - 09/01/06 02:30 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

bi0 said:
Quote:

Israel has never attempted any adventurism, despite the lies of the Muslims. They are the ones dedicated to the eradication of a whole people

Are you sure Israel has not attempted ethnic cleansing?

Yes.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#6018868 - 09/01/06 02:38 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

EntheogenicPeace said:
If you were to leave the comfort of America and travel a bit, you would know that most people around the world are surprised to find out just how clueless most Americans are when it comes the Middle-East situation (which is relatively easy to understand considering that the White House and Capitol Hill can accurately be called 'Zionist-occupied territory').

Oh, so clueless, those stupid Yanks who have somehow managed to become the most successful nation the planet has ever seen. Yep, a bunch of dumb bastards. All of us in Cuba and France have advanced degrees in foreign policy studies and have managed to guarantee a lifetime of blissful existence for our peoples. Meanwhile, Cubans routinely inflate truck tires and float to Amerikka, land of the dumb, and France had Muslims rioting in the streets because the unemployment rate for invaders is 1,900,000% Yep, stupid Amerikkkans. I'm sure they find you to be oh so enlightened. Or maybe they just think you're a useful idiot. I make no representations about what other people think.

--------------------

Scholar
Male

#6022867 - 09/02/06 05:26 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (11/27/14 04:45 PM)

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #6024538 - 09/03/06 10:16 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

EntheogenicPeace said:
I stand by my assertion about the concepts of borders and land ownership not only not existing, but being fundamentally incompatible with Native American philosophy and theology.

Your assertion is baseless. Tribes went to war over hunting grounds, implying a sense of entitlement to land and resources and subsequent denial of other's rights to that land and resources. This is even depicted in Dances With Wolves, wherein the Sioux and Pawnee tribes war - demonstrating that it is commonly understood that Native Americans fought and killed each other. For the fun of it? :lol:

Quote:

The idea the someone could "own" the land (in the form of private property) was as preposterous to them as being able to "own" the air.

Maybe they did not have the same sense of ownership that we hold, but it still remains that they certainly did engage in a sense of belongings. Native Americans certainly did not embrace thieves, and there certainly was the distinction between whose clothing was whose, etc. etc. etc.

:earth: :sun: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Scholar
Male

--- [Re: fireworks_god]
    #6025082 - 09/03/06 02:11 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (11/27/14 04:45 PM)

Scholar
Male

#6025113 - 09/03/06 02:33 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

---

Edited by EntheogenicPeace (11/27/14 04:47 PM)

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: Sadaam made to watch south park repeatedly [Re: Silversoul]
    #6047716 - 09/10/06 06:53 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Silversoul said:
Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
But seriously, if this is true then thats yet another human rights violation.

If making someone watch South Park is a human rights violation, then human rights aren't worth upholding.

It's absurd to make anyone watch anything, regardless of what they have done. Then you have a system that exists for vengeance and hostility, rather than protection (i.e. the system the entire world uses, well, most of the world).

The idea of prisons is really strange actually. We know drug users don't need to be there. But aside from those who are truely dangerous, it's strange to put say, thieves in a box with other thieves...... thieves thief and thief is a bit harmful but it's strange that sooooo many of our inmates are either petty nuisances or non-violent....... it's strange that for instance getting into a fight and beating some one up in "self defense" might not land you in jail and the cops would be like "yea i sympathize with you man" but smoking up a joint, or say vandalizing a McDonald's definitely would.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom