Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineShroominSpradl
**ShroomerExtraordinaire**
keeping grounded
    #600658 - 04/06/02 03:40 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

what do you do to keep grounded? lately i've been a little out of it and usually goin to the gym and meditating help me, but sometimes i'm too sore and don't have a good atmosphere for meditating? any suggestions?

--------------------

All posts are merely fictional stories that I dreamt. Who woulda thought!

"Reality is a crutch for people who can't handle drugs."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSoulTech
Automated
Re: keeping grounded [Re: ShroominSpradl]
    #600678 - 04/06/02 04:04 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I also workout and meditate but sometimes I hop in my car and take 'solo drives' just listening to music. I usually go for rides on rural uncrowded roads that I haven't been on before, or ones I rarely travel. I usually end up driving through beautiful wooded areas and rolling hills. Just the last time I ended up driving to a state park area, got out and found a secluded spot on the top of a hill. It was in a forest next to a river and I meditated sitting on a fallen tree. The sun was beginning to set and it was pretty awesome. Solo drives are a wonderful way for me to relax and let my mind unwind. Very peaceful. If you have the opportunity I recommend trying it. If you don't have access to a car you could do the same by going for a walk to a park, or if you live in a rural area through the woods.

I love hiking and love to be in nature. This summer I plan on backpacking with a couple of friends up in New Hampshire. I'm really looking forward to it and I think its going to be a wonderful experience.

Peace.

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #600682 - 04/06/02 04:09 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Man I haven't been grounded in 2 years :wink:

Really though, I think listening to music and being outside on a sunny day always does the trick.  I like to listen to songs that put a smile on my face...it isn't always the right time to listen to Darkside of the Moon.  Anyway..that's pretty much the only advice I can give you, but it always works for me.

Up On The Roof

When this old world starts getting me down
And people are just too much for me to face
I climb way up to the top of the stars
And all my cares just drift right into space

On the roof it's peaceful as can be
And there the world below can't bother me
Let me tell you now

When I come home feeling tired and beat
I go up where the air is fresh and sweet
I get away from the hustling crowds
And all that rat race noise down in the street

On the roof's the only place I know
Where you just have to wish to make it so
Up on the roof

At night the stars put on a show for free
And darling you can share it all with me
I keep-a tellin' you

Right smack dab in the middle of town
I found a Paradise that's trouble-proof
And if this world starts getting you down
There's room enough for two up on the roof

Up on the roof..........

--------------------

Anonymous

#600697 - 04/06/02 04:36 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I do the following for Grounding...

Go outside if possible.. barefoot.

Sit, stand or lay on your back comfortably.

Imagine your chakras from above your head down to your feet. See them spinning with energy.

Imagine a beam of multi-colored light shooting from your lowest chakra, and going deep into the Earth, blending with it.. anchoring you to it.

Keep the imagery until you feel properly grounded.

If desired, imagine a beam of golden light coming from above and entering your crown chakra, and travelling through your body, entering and cleansing all the chakras on the way down.

It's very simple, requires almost no energy and takes very little effort. If you can use your imagination then that's all you need.

Visualize.

InvisibleClark
Bar RoomSuperman

Re: keeping grounded [Re: ]
    #600780 - 04/06/02 06:32 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I am a strong believer in the importance of staying grounded. I usually wrap a long spool of copper wire around my waist and then tie the free end to a water conduit.

--------------------

Invisiblemr crisper

#600826 - 04/06/02 07:23 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

crikey shroomism, if i do stuff like that the kundalini starts to arc up and i feel like i'm lying on an earthquake, nice yes but grounded? uh uh
for grounding i do 1 of the 2 most physical activities i know, one is riding my bike. on a bike you have to be focused on the activity at hand, especially riding in japan.
riding at home would average 1 near-miss every 5minutes, in japan its the reverse, people, cars and trucks everywhere.
this grounds me cos its such a physical activity that requires use of sight, hearing, co-ordination and rapid response.
the other physical activity? you can guess!

Anonymous

#600889 - 04/06/02 09:57 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

By watching and/or playing with my children, I am both grounded and lifted up simultaneously. Young children are unencumbered by the things which adults kill each other over, they live in the moment and have no pretensions. They remind me of the pure essence of what it means to be alive.

OfflineTeonanacatl fan
journeyman
    #601160 - 04/07/02 06:41 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

"it isn't always the right time to listen to Darkside of the Moon"

It is for me!
I could listen to Floyd all day long, no matter my state of mind or mood.

InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Falling into place
    #601182 - 04/07/02 08:15 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Just go for a walk in the woods or through fields, this usually grounds, and blows out any 'cobwebs' accumulating

--------------------

"We are the one's we have been waiting for" - Hopi saying

Anonymous

Re: keeping grounded [Re: mr crisper]
    #601194 - 04/07/02 08:49 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Sex and eating meat are also ways of grounding

OfflinecHeMiCaLbLuE
    #601505 - 04/07/02 05:30 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I would highly reccomend the quiet meditation if you think you are ready, i'm not sure where your concentration skills are however. first i will tell you this, you think weak therefore you are weak. The answer, not answers will come to you through or shortly after this mediation. I know exactly how you feel ( I'm being ripped apart at the mind, i don't know what to believe anymore ). I have been to hell and back many times myself, but don't worry we are here to help each other. Last night after i had finished some reading on spiritweb.org I did some more silent meditation because i was feeling terrible about myself, but surprizingly high at the time. I looked at my face in the mirror, but it wasn't the bodies face, it was beautiful and shapeshifting, the eyes are the window to the soul. I went outside for a cigar and immediatly was ripped apart, i began shaking, try to hold my thoughts into neutrality( good nor bad ), well it was worth it, i won't tell you what happens because what is expected is usually denied and is then easily given up on. anyways back to the meditation, it could take you a few days like me, don't know exactly how long. You must be very focused, think of nothing, "play music through your ears but do not hear it so to speak, this can be taken litterally as well ". every thought that enters your mind hinders your growth, you will know when it is "time" to stop this meditation, and what wonders will await you.

--------------------
insanity with a plan, a plan to stop exercising truth as compared to breathing thin air, but to experience truth as all there is to experience, for what do i not already have that exsists? All i can do is enjoy the ride.

Invisiblemr crisper

#601734 - 04/07/02 11:34 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

yep, thats the other activity - makin sweet love wit my woman

InvisibleJonnyOnTheSpot
Sober Surfer
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Carolina
Re: keeping grounded [Re: mr crisper]
    #601929 - 04/08/02 05:22 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

how about a hobby!?

i play guitar and draw pictures. theres lots of other ones

a nature walk or something can be a nice change of pace sometimes, yoga...i guess, if you know how to do it right and use it to your benifit.

--------------------
Religion is for people who are afraid of going to Hell; spirituality is for those who have been there.

OfflineGringoLoco
I spit in theface of peoplewho ain't cool.
 User Gallery

Loc: Monterey, CA
    #602049 - 04/08/02 09:46 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Smoking a bowl and chilling to music works quite well for me.

OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
Loc: MD.USA
    #602137 - 04/08/02 11:24 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Anything relaxing that breaks you out of the rut of thinking into an altered state (without use of chemicals).
Meditating, walking (barefoot if possible), crossing over water(this works really well if you are troubled by psychic energies), or getting into water (swimming, take a shower, or just run water over your hands.) Listening to music can help. It is anything that puts you into a relaxed state of focus. Anything that frees you from the logical thinking and opens the mystical door of perception.
If you feel your energy is too high and It is draining you, try earthing energy. Imagine all excess energy draining into the floor like it was fluid and running out of you until there is a sense of balance.......

InvisibleClark
Bar RoomSuperman

Re: keeping grounded [Re: Tannis]
    #602380 - 04/08/02 04:26 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

In reply to:

Imagine all excess energy draining into the floor like it was fluid and running out of you until there is a sense of balance.......

Don't try this after a six-pack of Foster's, though.
It can take days to get the smell out of the carpet.

--------------------

OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
Loc: MD.USA
Re: keeping grounded [Re: Clark]
    #603053 - 04/09/02 06:23 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Clark knows what he's talking about!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order