Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineegodeathparade
person-likesubstance.
Male

Loc: east coast.
multi-cactus id
    #6009135 - 08/29/06 05:26 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

i recently ordered some cacti on ebay, and was hoping to confirm whether or not i got what i paid for. so without further ado...

they resemble the right ones, but how to know for sure? a while back i ordered some peruvianus seedlings on ebay and was quite pleased with them, so long as they are as advertised as well...

Any input would be appreciated. The art of positive cactus identification is something I lack, considering cacti are for the most part not native to my neck of the woods, and there are so many similar-looking ones...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepurpledropper
 User Gallery
Re: multi-cactus id [Re: egodeathparade]
    #6009255 - 08/29/06 06:09 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Looks to me like you got some peruvians and some pachanoi, im far from an expert though

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
Re: multi-cactus id [Re: purpledropper]
    #6009442 - 08/29/06 06:58 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

i believe you got what you wanted. all i see are pachanois and peruvianus.

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

#6009505 - 08/29/06 07:19 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

are the fuzzy things up top flower buds?

Offlineflo
 User Gallery
Re: multi-cactus id [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #6009584 - 08/29/06 07:44 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

so how much did you say you payed for that? ... if you dont mind me asking

Offlineegodeathparade
person-likesubstance.
Male

Loc: east coast.
Re: multi-cactus id [Re: felixhigh]
    #6009740 - 08/29/06 08:28 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

thanks for the responses...so far so good then. the two real beat-up looking specimens in the pic above the seedlings are supposed to be bridgesii, which i have known nothing about until recently. i've heard of non-active cereus cacti passed off on the net as active, and i always see very pedro-like cacti up at lowe's and home depot which are usually not pedro. so it's worth having somebody who might know better take a look...

honestly, i was wondering about the fuzzy things myself. looks like new growth...little arms/sections starting to grow off the main piece that are covered in hair. these are the first cacti i have gotten with the purpose of rooting (i.e.-not just a center cut), so i have no clue what's up with the fuzz.

i don't mind giving the prices; i'll even break it down...the eight 18"+ pedros and two 12" bridgesii cuttings were all 8 bucks each. the five top cut 12" peruvians were 10.25 each, and the rooted peruvian specimens cost 40 bucks for the set. the peruvians are by far the nicest looking specimens in the bunch. the total with shipping was just over $210. i got the seedlings from a different seller a month or so ago for seven bucks each and thirty bucks shipping. the guy with the seedlings had somewhat higher prices on cuttings but definitely took great care packing everything up (they actually shipped just like they look in the picture), and i bet his cuttings/rooted specimens are in better shape; i'll probably find out in the future.

i'd still very much like to find a nice looking pedro for ornamental purpose...one that's not all scarred and beat up. when i've ordered cuttings in the past online from vendors, they are generally somewhat scarred, but these pedros specifically are fairly bad off looks-wise; lots of discoloration etc and definitely worse off than what was pictured. either way, i'm in the midst of potting/repotting most of them now...

Edited by egodeathparade (08/29/06 08:38 PM)

InvisibleaNeway2sayHooray
Cresley Wusher
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Orphic Trench
    #6009888 - 08/29/06 08:57 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

The larger specimen with the pup coming off of it in the picture above the seedlings looks like bridgesii to me.The one behind it looks like a pedro though.

Nice collection there.Plant them,dont eat them just yet.

--------------------
Mad_Larkin said:  Death is just a thang.
:clementine:
MrJellineck said:  Profits, prophets. That's all you jews think about.
sheekle said: life is drugs... and music... and cat... :snowman:

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: multi-cactus id [Re: aNeway2sayHooray]
    #6010292 - 08/29/06 10:54 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Looks like pedro and kk242 peruvianus (perhaps really cuzcoensis) to me.

My money is on the long spined cacti you've pictured to be nearly completely bunk. Wonderful plants anyway, but I suggest sacrificing one of them, if you're the curious type who won't be able to stand growing a complete mystery for years.

The pachanoi can differ in potency as well, but at worst they're probably just somewhat weak, rather than nearly completely void of the alkaloids you want.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

InvisibleaNeway2sayHooray
Cresley Wusher
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Orphic Trench
Re: multi-cactus id [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #6010303 - 08/29/06 10:58 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

This kk242 thing is a big mess.

I dont think I have ever seen a real peruvianus.

:rant:  :nonono:

--------------------
Mad_Larkin said:  Death is just a thang.
:clementine:
MrJellineck said:  Profits, prophets. That's all you jews think about.
sheekle said: life is drugs... and music... and cat... :snowman:

InvisibleMrJellineck
junkE
 User Gallery
Re: multi-cactus id [Re: aNeway2sayHooray]
    #6010363 - 08/29/06 11:28 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

aNeway2sayHooray said:
This kk242 thing is a big mess.

I dont think I have ever seen a real peruvianus.

:rant:  :nonono:

You're telling me!  I have all these hybrids and variants, and I don't have ONE plant that I feel confident calling a peruvianus.  I have a couple suspected peruvianus, but as elgr said, I think they are teh cuzcoensis.  The closest thing I own to a peruvianus is a juul's giant x SS01, and that's only half peruvianoid.  :bored:

Offlinefelixhigh
Scientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
    #6010475 - 08/30/06 12:07 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

yeah it seems theres a bridgesii among them.

FH

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

Re: multi-cactus id [Re: felixhigh]
    #6011590 - 08/30/06 12:25 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

"The closest thing I own to a peruvianus is a juul's giant x SS01, and that's only half peruvianoid. "

True, but it's a very nice cross from what I hear. Rather than focusing on what peruvianus actually is, stocking up on macrogonus/ss01 is probably a better idea, whether or not it really is closer to the original ID'd plant.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

InvisibleMrJellineck
junkE
 User Gallery
Re: multi-cactus id [Re: Koala Koolio]
    #6011625 - 08/30/06 12:38 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Yup.  As soon as I get my SS catalog, I'm gonna order some macrogonus seeds, and maybe a live specimen or two.  :wink:

And you're right- the JG x SS01 is gorgeous.  Possibly my favorite in my collection.  Beautiful spination and nice dark green skin.  Mine also has a small variegated patch.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale