Home | Community | Message Board

Mycotrop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibletony8404
Stranger
 User Gallery
Police Ticket for village sticker question
    #6011125 - 08/30/06 11:40 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Hey guys, i am soo pissed off right now... i know this doesnt belong in here but i need some quick responses. This pass saturday like 7 a.m. i go outside for a smoke. low behold theres a cop park by my car writing a ticket.

He finally gets out and i say what is your problem. he says i dont have the village sticker. i dont recall getting a notice or seeing any type of signs around stating that stickers are to be renewed. mind you i only been in this town for a year.

well, he got my car and my wifes,but her car is parked up the driveway like you have to walk up the whole drive way to get to it. i thought they cannot do that?????

well, monday we both left early for work so he didnt get us monday. well tuesday he got my wifes car but my car wasnt home so he didnt get mine.

well, then this morning he was back again same time around 7-7:30 a.m. and he got me again but my wife went out there and said look we dont get paid till the end of the week can you hold off till then he said sure but he still already got me.

mind you this is 4 tickets now from saturday to today... isnt this harassment?????

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Re: Police Ticket for village sticker question [Re: tony8404]
    #6011130 - 08/30/06 11:42 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

tony,

please only ask growing related questions in the Mush Cult!~

I'll move this to the Pub...

where it probably belongs.

tc

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
    #6011139 - 08/30/06 11:46 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I'd look into getting the proper parking stickers..

Although it is a dick move, it's a ticket a day, right? So get your shit in order so he stops harassing you

OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Mountains of Multnomah Flag
Re: Police Ticket for village sticker question [Re: Boom]
    #6011146 - 08/30/06 11:51 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I'd throw stuff at a cop if he walked up my driveway... I already have a Home Owner's Society full or rich yuppies that tell us we can't even park on the sidewalk in this neighborhood...

InvisibleIrradiated_Feces
doomedgeneration
 User Gallery

Loc: Great White North
    #6011154 - 08/30/06 11:57 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

You would think the fucking guy has better things to do with his life than to hand out parking tickets to the same people for a week. That's total bullshit, but look into getting the stickers you need then tell him to go fuck himself next time he comes around.

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: Police Ticket for village sticker question [Re: Irradiated_Feces]
    #6011168 - 08/30/06 12:02 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

So I have to ask: After 4 tickets have you considered getting a sticker?

No, it's not harassment. If you were to consistently park in a handicapped area without a sticker/permit, you would continue to get tickets.

The part about your car getting ticketed while in your driveway may be contestable. You're saying you got a ticket while your car was parked in your own driveway?

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Invisibleshroomphunker
what an asshole
 User Gallery

#6011169 - 08/30/06 12:02 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

tony8404 said:

He finally gets out and i say what is your problem. he says i dont have the village sticker. i dont recall getting a notice or seeing any type of signs around stating that stickers are to be renewed. mind you i only been in this town for a year.

Did he say "village" sticker? maybe you need a registration sticker.
Just look into getting your sticker renewed. or if you just don't have one, call the police station and ask for a supervisor to assist you.
If there is absolutely no signs indicating that you need a parking pass, take some pictures of your street and plead not guilty on all of your tickets.

Invisiblecreamcorn
mad scientist
Male User Gallery

Re: Police Ticket for village sticker question [Re: Irradiated_Feces]
    #6011189 - 08/30/06 12:12 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Irradiated_Feces said:
You would think the fucking guy has better things to do with his life than to hand out parking tickets to the same people for a week.

better things to do with his life? sounds to me like he's doing his job and earning a living. im sure he doesn't hand out tickets as a fun and exciting hobby.

anyway to the original poster, i live in an area with similar rules. if you lapse on your sticker or don't have one in the first place, they will also ticket the hell out of you here. however, if you renew or get yourself a proper permit within a reasonable time frame (i believe the rule here is 10 days), they'll take back those recent tickets. so before getting pissed off about somebody penalizing you for being in the wrong, why not just take care of things appropriately in a timely fashion and see if they'll cancel the tickets?

doomedgeneration
 User Gallery

Re: Police Ticket for village sticker question [Re: creamcorn]
    #6011198 - 08/30/06 12:17 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

creamcorn said:
Quote:

Irradiated_Feces said:
You would think the fucking guy has better things to do with his life than to hand out parking tickets to the same people for a week.

better things to do with his life? sounds to me like he's doing his job and earning a living. im sure he doesn't hand out tickets as a fun and exciting hobby.

The guy is a cop. You don't think there are more important things he could be doing then handing out parking tickets?

In my city they have a whole seperate civilian division to hand out parking tickets, it's one of the biggest businesses in town and they're fucking ruthless.

Invisibletony8404
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Police Ticket for village sticker question [Re: creamcorn]
    #6011216 - 08/30/06 12:27 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

First, it is a village sticker like a city sticker which is fine im gonna get it on friday when i have the money cause its payday. and yes my wifes car was parked in our driveway he actually walked up the driveway to look at the sticker in order to know she didnt have one on her car.. i have no problem getting a sticker its just that i never seen a sign or letter or notice about the stickers expiration is on june 30th and here it is already aug 30.. where was this guy for the last almost two months!!!!!!!!!

and yes i think he should be investigating crime not stickers!!! he comes to my house everyday at the same exact time between 7-7:30 a.m.

right now im making a small sticker that reads " This police department sucks dick" and im going to put it on top of the new sticker when i get it so that way when he comes friday morning to check he can know what i think of them. then im gonna stand in my window with the bird up right at him.

Invisibletony8404
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #6011247 - 08/30/06 12:35 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

i really dont mind cops. but man i dont make much money, i wanted to take my 4 year old and 11 month old girls out friday to one of those kid arcades just for little kids but now i cant cause this jag decided to give me 4 tickets already and there 35 a piece thats 140 plus its 50 for each sticker so this cost me 240 dollars..

thats why im so pissed... you should have seen her face when i had to tell my oldest that i couldnt take them. she was so looking forward to it. she asked me what she did wrong. i said nothing its not you two its the money. daddy doesnt have enough to take you guys this week...

but what im doing this week is i havent bought lunch all week so that way i will have hopefully 25 dollars by friday and im gonna take them. im not gonna let these pigs take that away from my girls.

Invisibletony8404
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #6011256 - 08/30/06 12:38 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

thats why i posted this whole post. i just wanted to see what i can do to overturn maybe 2 of the tickets. i know its my fault for the sticker which is fine i dont mind having to pay two tickets but come on man, i got the hint the first two tickets you dont need to give me 4 more after that and then expect me to be able to buy the tickets on top of that.

doomedgeneration
 User Gallery

#6011311 - 08/30/06 01:01 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Contest every one of them. At the very least you wont have to pay them for another 6-8 months.

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

#6011325 - 08/30/06 01:09 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I'm no legal expert, but what is the time frame for double jeopardy?

http://www.lectlaw.com/def/d075.htm

Invisibleshroomphunker
what an asshole
 User Gallery

Re: Police Ticket for village sticker question [Re: Gumby]
    #6011367 - 08/30/06 01:25 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

ticketing is different, I tink it's 24 hours before they can ticket you again for this particular offense.
They can ticket you once every day until you provide proof that you shouldn't be ticketed.

I dunno either, just an educated guess, i guess. :shrug:

Invisibletony8404
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Police Ticket for village sticker question [Re: shroomphunker]
    #6011399 - 08/30/06 01:33 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

yeah i am gonna have to contest all of them i dont think i should have to pay all four of them.. i can see paying the first two cause that is what brought my attention that village stickers need to be changed. but the other town i lived in when the village stickers needed to be changed they had some pretty good size signs posted around the town at some major intersections letting people know about a month before the due date was to be enforced.

Invisibletony8404
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #6011404 - 08/30/06 01:34 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

i never heard of the double jeopardy thing before.. do you think that will work with just a regular citation for village stickers?
does anyone know how it works? i dont speak lawyer sorry

Invisibleshroomphunker
what an asshole
 User Gallery

#6011417 - 08/30/06 01:39 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

double jeopardy thing is about not getting charged for the same crime twice.

In your case, the offense was comitted several times over several days.

Invisibletony8404
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Police Ticket for village sticker question [Re: shroomphunker]
    #6011432 - 08/30/06 01:44 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

so would that pertain to me then? i was not sure if it had to be a major crime

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
    #6011437 - 08/30/06 01:45 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

one per day is legal and standard, bring it to court and ask them to be nice, dont be supprised if they dont give you one..

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Community >> The Pub