Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleGr33nTree73
 User Gallery

Loc: 585/843
Purple Haze All in My Brain
    #6007382 - 08/29/06 07:42 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

So I just smoke Purple Haze for the first time about a half hour ago and...  It's the shit, Anyone else LOOOVE haze like I do?  Feels a lot different from the cannabis buzz I'm used too, it's a really heavy feeling like I'm just stuck here, hehe my teeth are numb  :crazy2: :stoned:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGbBaker
The King.
Male

Loc: Kanda
Re: Purple Haze All in My Brain [Re: Gr33nTree73]
    #6007385 - 08/29/06 07:46 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Never ever had a chance to smoke Purple Haze before.

--------------------

Invisibleshamantra
hobbyethnobotanist

Loc: ¯\(º_o)/¯
    #6007390 - 08/29/06 07:50 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

sure , i grew this strain a few years ago with good results. ihave other strains i like alot better but purple haze is defently a good one :smile:

--------------------
note: english is my 3rd languange, please ignore misspelling and poor english, im doing my best :smile:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ug98TKkWKy0

OfflineIrdamage
Autobot

Loc: Canada
Re: Purple Haze All in My Brain [Re: shamantra]
    #6007426 - 08/29/06 08:09 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Ive grown my own, and tried some of the stuff in Amsterdam. I wasn't a big fan. The colour and aroma was extremely pleasent, the taste was a bit weak however, and as far as the high went it wasnt anything really unique. Personally I had to switch it up for something a little bit more unique. Lol cuz no offence but I can't stand when people talk about purple haze like its top shit.

InvisibleTrav
Stranger

#6007446 - 08/29/06 08:16 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I've tried Silver Haze, and I liked that a lot. I haven't tried the strain purple haze though.

OfflineWoahtubulardude
Some Hippy Dude
Male
Re: Purple Haze All in My Brain [Re: Trav]
    #6007470 - 08/29/06 08:24 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Smoke a few fat bongers of that stuff and you're set for a good while man 8-)
I love that stuff, only had the opportunity to have it twice though.. :bandana: Yarr
Peace

OfflineHerbus

Loc: Reading the map...
Re: Purple Haze All in My Brain [Re: Woahtubulardude]
    #6007661 - 08/29/06 09:55 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

You guys are a bunch of silly geese.

Picture a disorganized flock of geese, flying NORTH for the Winter... that's you guys.

"Purple Haze?" OH YEAH DAWG SUPER DANK!

This is why the name "Purple Haze" exists, because it connotes this image of world-famous killer pot; STUFF JIMI HENDRIX SMOKED! RAH RAH!

Purple Haze was a purple pill containing 300ug LSD back in the Bay Area's LSD wonder days, if I remember correctly.

As far as I know, no distinguished breeder produced a "Purple Haze," and if they did it isn't any goddamn landrace strain and probably was not smoked by Jimi Hendrix or anybody in the 60s early 70s for that matter.

I bet if we gathered up all the "Purple Haze" you've all smoked, we'd had some incredibly diverse variations in the bud, all being pushed off as "Purple Haze."

Purple Haze is a name instated for the purpose of selling weed.

It's a name, I'm guessing it's applied often to K deficient plants that have a purple tint.

Consider if there was a landrace strain called "Purple HAZE" it would probably not grow very well up here in the US, nor yield that much, and as such is not a commercial strain and as such is very rare and as such is constantly imitated and AS SUCH nobody except for a handful would honestly know what purple haze is like.

I believe "purple haze" is a generic term for purple weed, read the Wikipedia.org article (lol I love wikipedia.org)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_Haze_%28marijuana%29

Purple haze is a widely recognized term, even if nobody knows exactly what it means; it is generally understood to be drug-related. I've had several people try and sell me "purple haze" and the crop varies. Like I said before, if there really was an infamous old-school strain called "Purple haze" it probably is a sativa-dominant plant with lanky branches, low yield and long flowering period and therefor is not commercially (widespread) available in the US. You'll notice the wiki article mentions "purple haze buds have been enjoyed for centuries..." which may allude to the idea that "purple haze" really is just a generic term for purple-tinted marijuana.

But yeah, I enjoy purple-tinted marijuana as well.

--------------------

OfflineHugh
Midnight Toker

Re: Purple Haze All in My Brain [Re: Herbus]
    #6007680 - 08/29/06 10:07 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Herbus said:

As far as I know, no distinguished breeder produced a "Purple Haze," and if they did it isn't any goddamn landrace strain and probably was not smoked by Jimi Hendrix or anybody in the 60s early 70s for that matter.

OMG YAH daWg purplE haze i Bulllshit

Anyways... just because you're disagreeing with a popularly misunderstood fact doesn't make you right either (why do people always think it does?) Because we know how well of a source wikipedia is... I would say citing it makes you look worse than not citing anything.

Nonethless, Purple Haze is exactly what it says it is. I read an article on this back when OG was still around. Purple Haze was never a strain, but a variety. It is the strain Haze turned purple (through the usual methods of turning weed purple). Probably not as dank as people think - probably just hyped up. But yes, it's not something that most if any of the people who have claimed to have smoked.

Take it easy

Offlinemassbmx
Stranger

Re: Purple Haze All in My Brain [Re: Hugh]
    #6007752 - 08/29/06 10:28 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Technicially there is no strain "purple haze", but out of the original haze seeds about 1 in every 300 or so would turn pure and be a complete mindfuck.

There is also a seed co now trying to make another purple haze...the name escapes me right now but its supposedly a pure haze that has a better percentage of turning purple.

But if you were smoking real purple haze you sure as hell wouldn't be glue to you seat feeling "heavy"...you'd be running around with crazy energy and paranoia...

Dealers use the names "haze, purple haze, ect" to sell they're product.

--------------------
Ride bmx bikes

Edited by massbmx (08/29/06 10:29 AM)

Invisibleshamantra
hobbyethnobotanist

Loc: ¯\(º_o)/¯
Re: Purple Haze All in My Brain [Re: massbmx]
    #6007771 - 08/29/06 10:32 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

the purple haze i grow, i cant remember which seedbank it was, but it had genetics from hollands hope and skunk#1 if i remember correctly sure wasnt purple tho heh

--------------------
note: english is my 3rd languange, please ignore misspelling and poor english, im doing my best :smile:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ug98TKkWKy0

InvisibleNemo_Hoes
Juan Sánchez Villa-Lobo Ramírez
 User Gallery

Loc: Ray Ray's Mystery Garage
Re: Purple Haze All in My Brain [Re: Trav]
    #6007802 - 08/29/06 10:42 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Trav said:
I've tried Silver Haze, and I liked that a lot. I haven't tried the strain purple haze though.

I prefer silver haze over the purple variety, purple was kinda weak.

--------------------
We will also report to the NAACP and to Al Sharpton's entourage, how the Shroomery administrators allows their mods and members to be balatantly allowed the use of the 'N' word.

InvisibleGr33nTree73
 User Gallery

Loc: 585/843
Re: Purple Haze All in My Brain [Re: Herbus]
    #6008027 - 08/29/06 11:49 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Herbus said:
You guys are a bunch of silly geese.

Picture a disorganized flock of geese, flying NORTH for the Winter... that's you guys.

This is why the name "Purple Haze" exists, because it connotes this image of world-famous killer pot; STUFF JIMI HENDRIX SMOKED! RAH RAH!

Purple Haze was a purple pill containing 300ug LSD back in the Bay Area's LSD wonder days, if I remember correctly.

I bet if we gathered up all the "Purple Haze" you've all smoked, we'd had some incredibly diverse variations in the bud, all being pushed off as "Purple Haze."

Purple Haze is a name instated for the purpose of selling weed.

It's a name, I'm guessing it's applied often to K deficient plants that have a purple tint.

Consider if there was a landrace strain called "Purple HAZE" it would probably not grow very well up here in the US, nor yield that much, and as such is not a commercial strain and as such is very rare and as such is constantly imitated and AS SUCH nobody except for a handful would honestly know what purple haze is like.

I believe "purple haze" is a generic term for purple weed, read the Wikipedia.org article (lol I love wikipedia.org)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purple_Haze_%28marijuana%29

Purple haze is a widely recognized term, even if nobody knows exactly what it means; it is generally understood to be drug-related. I've had several people try and sell me "purple haze" and the crop varies. Like I said before, if there really was an infamous old-school strain called "Purple haze" it probably is a sativa-dominant plant with lanky branches, low yield and long flowering period and therefor is not commercially (widespread) available in the US. You'll notice the wiki article mentions "purple haze buds have been enjoyed for centuries..." which may allude to the idea that "purple haze" really is just a generic term for purple-tinted marijuana.

But yeah, I enjoy purple-tinted marijuana as well.

sorry i consider just about any purple bud a purple haze, my guess is that i had some Turtle Power, gets grown kinda often around here and it kicks ass, its all purple and white hardly any sign of green on it.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale