Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Amazon Ayahuasca, Banisteriopsis Caapi, Morning Glory Seeds, Psychotria Viridis, Salvia, Scales, Syrian Rue

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisibledespisedicon
Stranger

Loc: Flag
Ayahuasca
    #6005180 - 08/28/06 06:15 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Not the most common psychedelic. At least in my part of the world.

Has anyone experienced this brew?

What was it like?

I'm curious to see, but I know there will not be very many replies.

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/ayahuasca/ayahuasca.shtml
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayahuasca

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Re: Ayahuasca [Re: despisedicon]
    #6005318 - 08/28/06 06:44 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

but I know there will not be very many replies.

It is more common than you think.  :smirk:

--------------------
http://heffter.org

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

Re: Ayahuasca [Re: despisedicon]
    #6005369 - 08/28/06 06:54 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

been thinking about it for a couple years now... go to

http://www.ayahuasca.com/

For info from those with much experience

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

Invisibledespisedicon
Stranger

Loc: Flag
Re: Ayahuasca [Re: EquilibriuM]
    #6005448 - 08/28/06 07:13 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I've checked out that site and various others. I just wanted to hear from fellow Shroomerites.

Thanks for the replies!

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#6005476 - 08/28/06 07:21 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I have a report over there on erowid. Im quite experienced with ayahuasca, hence the name yageman...

In my opinion it is the greatest teacher of all. Those trips will live with me for the rest of my life. Hppd would be an understatement if I chose to explain its most astounding after effects that way. Thats just me though and its due to years worth of psychedelic use as well as ayahuasca. SOme people dont experience it in this way, so I dont mean to scare anyone out of using this amazing brew. "They" do say that some of the best work done with ayahuasca are in the weeks and months after the experience.

There are so many ways to make it. Most people around here probably use far less maois than are traditionally used. Scientists have tested the contents of this brew throughout south america, and no single dose would contain under 3.5 grams of rue(rue being just for a frame of reference because caapi is the more traditional plant).

The experience: Most of its most amazing effects are very hard to explain, some of the effects are damn near unbelievable.

The drug I could compare it to most easily would be mushrooms or smoked DMT. Really though it kind of takes on traits of all the classical hallucinogens, plus some of its own unique characteristics.

Any well prepared medium sized dose has the potential to blow any and all of your tripping experiences out of the water.

For example, if you dont know what people mean by "entities" or just dont believe it, then hold your judgement until you have used a thorough dose of ayahuasca. Im not talking the supernatural either(necessarily). It does have a voice.

The first time I used it I sort of dosed alot harder than I had anticipated. I couldnt see anything but stunning visuals(intimidating in intensity), and my mind had been taken over by some over-mind that knew so much more about life than I did. It even taught me how to understand and use the strange cognative anomalies that ayahuasca offers. This intense experience left me with a 12 hour experience, an many many more hours worth of stunning after effects(really, I was simply still tripping). It sure ass hell changed my life for the better, in far more ways than one. It truely can be used as a teacher, a healer.

This is just my own first experience. It doesnt always work this way. After taking it you might not think it blows all other psychedelics out of the water, unlike myself. You might only trip for 6-8 hours, unlike myself. Dose really dictates how long it lasts for the most part, your sensitivity to maois and dmt also play a big part in how long it lasts.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

Re: Ayahuasca [Re: yageman]
    #6005512 - 08/28/06 07:32 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I didn't mean to imply that there weren't some here with much experience... Just that there are several over there with much experience and plenty of info on the traditional brews. They seem very "traditional"... wouldn't think of using rue... Wouldn't entertain the idea of orally active dmt without the vine - Guide/Teacher...

I will probably go for the "orally active dmt" before I go all out with the traditional brew... I don't think that there is anything wrong with that but others seem to disagree...

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#6005544 - 08/28/06 07:42 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Well the vine is the EXACT same as rue but with way more plant matter involved. I have used both. One just happens to be a bit more gentle but far more nauseating at the same time. So if you want to experience the purge, know that it is good for some things, makes the trip last not nearly as long, and use caapi.

Equilibrium, what did you mean by ---> "I will probably go for the "orally active dmt" before I go all out with the traditional brew... I don't think that there is anything wrong with that but others seem to disagree"....

Im just curious/dont get what you meant.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (08/28/06 07:46 PM)

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

#6005587 - 08/28/06 07:55 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I mean going with rue. They say they the vine is a very experienced teacher and will lead you through the experience whereas rue hasn't had nearly as much experience with people and will just sort of take you there and leave you alone. The reason I would choose rue first would be to possibly avoid the purge and explore the world of dmt.

After that IF I feel the time is right, I may choose to go with the spirit vine. I have a feeling that if I do this, I may have it as a lifetime ally...

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#6005631 - 08/28/06 08:10 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Im as spiritual as the next guy when it comes to ayahuasca. So dont get me wrong when I say that the vine is just another plant and it contains the exact same chemicals.

What we are dealing with is a spirit-chemical if anything.

There are differences between the two(rue and caapi), mainly because there is so much plant matter in a brew that is made with caapi. So the experience is more gentle, and absorbs differently within the stomach. That really is the only difference in my opinion.

Rue is not so gentle due to quicker absorbtion. Really though, many people wouldnt even be able to tell the difference besides the differences in how it feels in your gut.

If you believe the "spirit vine" works better in various ways because it has more experience with people, you will likely be able to confirm that if you truely believe. That would be your doing, not the plant.

All this aside, I do understand why some people prefer the traditional method, I just dont buy the superstition aspect of it. The evolution theory included. I have the same feelings about symbiosis as many of those "believers" do, but dont take those feeling to the extent that they do.

Rue and caapi are VERY similare, and both are useful in pretty much the same way.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (08/28/06 08:12 PM)

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

#6005650 - 08/28/06 08:17 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I hear you saying that they are the same... and I hear those at the ayahuasca forum being very adamant that they are different...

"Spirit chemical" seems to resonate the sound of truth... but I cant just call those others out on this alone.

Of course I wont know until I know...

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

OfflineCakes
some guy
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Arizonee
    #6005654 - 08/28/06 08:19 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I brewed some with Mimosa Hostilis and Syrian Rue. (mimosahausca) =0)

The trip was pretty interesting. First I experiences strange color enhancements and changes, then I rested on my bed for a couple hours, experiencing these strange waking dream type things. I would get intermittent body highs, periods of anxiety, periods of euphoria, and periods of sadness. The whole experience had a very...erm...Mexican-like feel to it? I eventually got up and puked and started coming down. During the comedown I kept doing this weird thing where some part of me would start obsessively rubbing against something else. Like, my foot would move back and forth over and over to rub against the bed, or my hand on my thigh, etc. These movements were very...mentally difficult to stop. I felt like I had to keep making these repetitive movements, but I could stop if I tried hard enough. That aspect was somewhat uncomfortable and strange to me. To this day I find myself making small repetitive movements like that every once in a while, and it takes some willpower to stop them and not let them start again.

I wouldn't say I was healed or taught anything. It was, however, a very different experience.

Overall trip time was about 3.5 or 4 hours.

Hope this helped!

--------------------

OfflineSilent_Vinny
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Ayahuasca [Re: Cakes]
    #6005732 - 08/28/06 08:56 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Woow that moving part of your boody just brought on a flashback.

Same thing probbaly happened to me..but that don't matter..cause I just realized..or got a new perspective..on how it all looked..when I have been baad trippin in myy baad.
And whaat it is, is the same bad thought that maade you saad..afraiid...come back..right after you realized you can change it..or you try to think of something ellse..but ya cann;t..cause that bad thought ain't going no wheere.

And's that where we learn are harsh lessons.

Only happens to me when I'm alone tho. It's very eeasy for me to change my thoughts when trippin with friends.

The twiitching paart..just kinda reminded me..How i'd look at my boody..or my skiiin..and see how fuucked uup it looked..and my haands..annd I'd look at something else..try to change my mind..but then I glance back at my body..and boom.

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: Ayahuasca [Re: Silent_Vinny]
    #6006360 - 08/28/06 11:22 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

If my membership to ayahuasca.com actually worked for once, I would call them out, but at the same time try to ease them into the idea that they are simply taking harmala and harmaline.

The magic happens after they destroy the plant, and ingest it. There really is no truth to "one is better than the other".........

Good luck to all those that want to use this brew. Start low, and if you use rue realize that it is not just a cheaper substitute for caapi or "the spirit vine".......

My best results with any brew was with rue and viridis. Maybe the viridis was of VERY high quality afew times, and a few times it was not. Actually im sure that was the case to some extent.

If I want a traditional dose I would go with caapi and viridis.
Neither is better than the other though, really.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (08/28/06 11:28 PM)

Offline21stCenturyCwboy
Stranger
Humility Re: Ayahuasca [Re: despisedicon]
    #6006601 - 08/29/06 12:12 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

This is my first post at the shroomery, and its going to be a long one . . .

I've had exactly one (1) experience with ayahuasca. It was truly earth shattering. It was a rue/hostilis brew I made. A friend and I took it together, we kept the rue separate and took it first, the mh a while later. We did everything wrong because we didn't believe it was going to work, having tried morning glory seeds, salvia and other 'legal' trips to no great effect. We didn't observe dietary restrictions, we didn't restrain ourselves from our earthly lives, etc.

All I know of my friend's experience was that it was so intense he claimed he couldn't remember it for 6 months, but it was only that he refused to recapitulate it because it was driving him mad.

As for myself. The first 45 minutes were as if tripping the hardest mushroom trip you can imagine, a half ounce maybe or something. Everything I knew, I knew to be wrong. Every half truth about the world that I ignored was brought to my attention. I could see thoughts coming out of people's heads, see the DNA in my cells, etc with eyes open. I fought it, hard, the whole way utterly terrified.

Then I hit my head really hard and had something very like a seizure after which I drifted into a singularity of nothingness, where I was the only thing that existed at all. Then the void. Then awakening, sitting up talking to people who had no substance to me, aware of the great absurdity of having a mother, given that I knew that i had created the universe.

Everything was peachy for a few days. Then I slid into a more or less permanent altered state full of fear and ruminations on being and nothingness. A great emptiness and darkness had enveloped me. A straight head trip. For six weeks. This was exacerbated greatly by other drug use (much of it to calm the anxiety of the experience). I eventually sought treatment, which was very effective, esp once they figured out exactly what was wrong (it looks exactly like temporal lobe epilepsy on the EEGs, except its not epilepsy).

I am aware that this is an extremely idiosyncratic reaction. I am also aware, having been in a state of invinceibility before, that it can happen to you or anyone. That said, I wouldn't trade it for the world. I wouldn't go back and change it if I could. It took two years for my brain, psyche and spirit to heal during which I assimilated a much more full worldview, much more complete and mature. It was a painful, difficult period, but it made me fully adult. I just wasn't ready for all it had to teach at 20.

It seems cheesy, perhaps even denigrating, but the only readily available reference I have is the pills in the matrix. It really was like I had woken up and the real world was absolutely not the one that I had always known. This was the most terrifying experience of my life.

A few condensed thoughts after processing this for 4 years:
- This is not a fun experience. It has the potential to be the most dangerous, disturbing, meaningful event in your life. It may well not be, but I don't think you should do this unless you're prepared for the eventuality. Think absolutely honestly and with utmost humility about this. You are *not* stronger than ayahuasca no matter how much of any other drug you have handled well.
- Pay attention to experienced people's advice, especially indigenous people. We can't really understand their worldview, but they have far and away the most experience with it. I don't really believe in their magical world, I'm a very scientific person, yet if I were to do it again, I would use traditional plants, simply because the territory is more compeletely charted. I would follow the dietary, sexual and spiritual guidelines as well, both because its extremely difficult to know what's going to behave weirdly in your system on an MAOI and because the experience is a death a rebirth on a scale of a full life-cycle event and deserves to be treated with respect.
- Don't fight the purge or anything. The purge and the trip are interlinked. Fighting one is fighting the other and as everyone in these forums knows, fighting a trip is the worst thing you can do. If you want to do ayahuasca you must accept that you will vomit and submit to it. You must submit to everything that happens to you. Once the brew passes your lips you will know, irrevocably if you didn't already, that you are not in control of what happens to you.
- If something does go horribly wrong and you find yourself, a month afterards thinking "I'm never going to be normal again, I've seen too much" know that there are solutions. A psychiatrist won't normally think of anti-epileptic medicines but I have convincing personal and theoretical evidence that they are strongly indicated.

I wish you the best in your explorations. I walk through this world a far more humble person now, and I think this is probably the first step to living wisely and well.

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

Humility Re: Ayahuasca [Re: 21stCenturyCwboy]
    #6006616 - 08/29/06 12:16 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

You didnt get anything from Salvia???

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

Offline2859558484
Growery is Better
 User Gallery

Humility Re: Ayahuasca [Re: 21stCenturyCwboy]
    #6006622 - 08/29/06 12:17 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

my experience with ayahuasca was a ounce of viridis, a couple pinches of ground up syrian rue, and a couple mushrooms thrown in the tea for the extra kick. I let the virids boil for about 30 mins, threw the mush in for about 15, and drank it. And yes, do not fight hte purge. Before i purged i sat down and welcomed the chemical into my body and soul, this effected my trip in a very good way. Right when i purged i was sent into la-la land, my mind was completely exploded. I enjoyed it though, wouldnt trade it for all the bud in am'dam.

incredibally intense.

--------------------

Edited by 2859558484 (08/29/06 12:20 AM)

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Humility Re: Ayahuasca [Re: 2859558484]
    #6006647 - 08/29/06 12:22 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

28 grams of viridis = 11-13 grams of really good viridis.

Only 3 grams of rue + 28 grams of some "really good viridis" = Wow I just overshot my own bounderies for the night. Earth shattering...

Those couple pinches of rue... How much do you think that weighed?

2 grams is quite a bit less than 3.5 grams.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (08/29/06 12:24 AM)

Offline2859558484
Growery is Better
 User Gallery

#6006698 - 08/29/06 12:38 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

haha the viridis i got was supposed to be good, the place i get stuff from had cheaper stuff and expensive stuff, we went for the expensive stuff. I would say the couple pinmches of rue was in betwee 2-4 grams.

--------------------

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#6006735 - 08/29/06 12:47 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

It does sound like you had some pretty damn effective viridis.

Next time try to figure out the weight of your rue dose. That would make it so you can know a bit more about how much maois you used, and you could tell people what it really is you took. 2 grams is VERY different than 4 grams.

Moais are not just an maoi, they are also very hallucinogenic by themselves. Its the so-called spirit of the dmt/maoi brews...

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

Offline2859558484
Growery is Better
 User Gallery

Humility Re: Ayahuasca [Re: yageman]
    #6006769 - 08/29/06 12:57 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I was under the impression that syrian rue wasnt really hallucinagenic until you got to 5+ grams, and i didnt really feel any effect from the syrian rue after i took it, maybe a little off (i was smoking a lot of good bud at the time too) but the MAOI effect was definately there.

What do you recommend for a rue dose?

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Amazon Ayahuasca, Banisteriopsis Caapi, Morning Glory Seeds, Psychotria Viridis, Salvia, Scales, Syrian Rue

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience