Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineflavs
Stranger
Male
my depression
    #5999170 - 08/26/06 02:55 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Okay, so i'm sort of in rough shape right now and i suppose im looking for some advice. About 3 years ago i began smoking pot and everything was absolutely great. I got good grades, most people seemed to like me a lot and i was a good athlete. I however have since then learned that my tolerance to it is quite awful but when i began it only took about a few hits and i felt very high. At that point i was about 18 and life was going very well. I was not the most popular kid and my social skills were not the best but they were adequate and were not something that i constantly thought about. Once i went to college i started feeling a little bit depressed because i didnt have the social life that i saw a lot of my other friends having. This past year i ended up living next door to a kid who smoked pot every day. I figured that i would let myself go and try to keep up with him and i was smoking about every day for a while. During this time i suffereed from several anxiety attacks and went through some tough times where I began questioning every aspect of my life. I even told my mom that i thought she hit me. I began to become more and more detached from everything. My way of thinking became completely different and now my body feels somewhat foreign to me. My personality is basically gone and i feel like i need to go out and party all the time just so that some of my personality will come back. When i do smoke now i can not talk to anyone and i just become completely detached. My problem is that getting high for me feels somewhat good for a short amount of time, however, what I am slowly learning is that the feelings that i used to get from life were way better. I uesd to be able to socialize with girls and feel good about myself, but now i just find that i have to be nervous around them all the time and just rely on the fact that they might have liked the person that i used to be. I have such a hard time making decisions because i know that i probably will not get as much enjoyment out of making a decision as I used to. I question a lot if ive become skitzophrenic too. I guess what im wondering is if anyone has felt the same thing as i had and if they have any advice or words of hope. I know that im still young and i have plenty of time to pull myself together, but this upcoming semester i will be in a similar situation and im not sure if i will be able to avoid smoking pot. I'm thinking that maybe i just need to start smoking again because before i moved home for the summer i was smoking a lot and having very enjoyable highs. But now i wake up in the morning feeling like my old self but at the same time wondering just how i got to where i did. Then when i get up and start the day i begin questioning everything once again as people treat me differently and i can not quite act the same as i always have. While im not blaming pot for my problems since i know what kind of benefits it can have, I'm just looking for some suttle advice on how to get my life back. I think that if i go back to school and start excercising and focusing in class and how other people besides those who are close to me react to me i may feel better. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: my depression [Re: flavs]
    #5999212 - 08/26/06 03:21 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

sounds to me like you are basing your happiness on what you think your life should be.... and what you think your life should be is based on your perception of other peoples happiness.
instead of trying to "be happy like everybody else", try being happy how you are.

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

#5999246 - 08/26/06 03:49 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Stop smoking pot.
Develop your potential and take pride in its development.
Remember: The opinions of others cannot harm you.

:2cents:

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: my depression [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #5999383 - 08/26/06 05:19 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

yeah definately stop smoking the herb, and try and get back in the ol' swing of things :smile:

how long has it been since you have smoked???

also did you stop hanging out with any certain people when you started smoking???

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #5999560 - 08/26/06 06:29 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Stop smoking weed.

I haven't smoked weed in years. It started making me all paranoid and lazy so I dropped it from my life. I haven't looked back.

Offlinewilshire
free radical
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE PA
    #5999753 - 08/26/06 07:42 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

1. stop smoking pot
2. commit yourself to doing well in your classes
3. get 30-60 minutes of cardiovascular exercise every day
4. eat right and drink a lot of water
5. get a full night's sleep on a regular schedule

depending on your current lifestyle, that may seem like a lot. but commit yourself to actually doing everything on that list for a couple weeks and then see how you feel. it's hard not to feel good when you're taking good care of yourself and being productive. nasty ruts like that don't get better by themselves.

--------------------

Edited by wilshire (08/27/06 11:36 AM)

OfflineAndy21
Armchairanarchist

Re: my depression [Re: wilshire]
    #6000770 - 08/27/06 04:01 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

1. stop smoking pot
2. commit yourself to doing well in your classes
3. get 30-60 minutes of cardiovascular exercise every day
4. eat right and drink a lot of water
5. get a full night's sleep on a regular schedule

6. Buy and read Patrick Holfords Optimum Nutrition for the mind.

OfflineThe_Hobbit
Bilbo Baggins
 User Gallery

Loc: The Shire
Re: my depression [Re: Andy21]
    #6000902 - 08/27/06 06:57 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

It's not wrong to think about the intricacies of social interaction unless you get caught up in it and forget that you are actually interacting. You need to find a balance. Find a pace at which you can understand things and express yourself.

You see a problem with your thought-process and that is demanding of change, which can be accomplished through reasonable deduction and, most of all, right actions. Find a way to prepare yourself for the trials and tribulations of every day life so that you don't feel overwhelmed and off-balance when a problem comes your way.

Exercising is a key ingredient to helping yourself. If necessary, wake up every morning and do something. That is what Jack Lallane does and look at him - 92 and he could probably kick my ass. =) It will teach your how to be aware of everything, including yourself.

I advise that you stop smoking pot for a while. Put things together and then try it again in the future if you want. It took me a long time to realize that smoking pot is a big deal. You have to treat it with respect and make it into something great.. a celebration, an adventure, a reason to appreciate what there is.

--------------------
Smoking my hobbit leaf...
Please keep in mind that I am just a human being. Please read my posts carefully and interpret their meaning for yourself.

Offlinecapliberty
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: my depression [Re: The_Hobbit]
    #6001095 - 08/27/06 09:11 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

If you want to be serious about your classes, and you do, stop smoking the herb,

because if you drop out or don't obtain your degree for some reason, your social inadequacies will be a pleasant memory compared to the dull drums of a boring 9 to 5 that is something that you were force to do to make ends meet.

but if you post phone the drugs and stay healthy, during your college years I guarantee your classes will be a breeze, and social skills will be much better

Invisibleredtailedhawk
Explorer of the Mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: The Old Continent
    #6001176 - 08/27/06 10:01 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quit the herb for a while. Then get out of your mind and start to focus on your body. Do some serious aerobic exercise for at least an hour or more each day. Stop focusing on your problems and set goals for yourself. Improving social skills and overcoming social anxiety could be a good one to start with if you ask me. You're not shizo, you're just too focused on your own thoughts, which have started to scare you. It might do you good if you checked out Ennegream type Five personality and how to cope. Good luck amigo!

--------------------

"Who are you who live in all these many forms? You're death that captures all. You too are the source of all that's gonna be born. You're glory, mercy, peace, truth. You give calm a spirit, understanding, courage, the contented heart."

InvisibleLunarEclipse
Enlil's Official Story
Male User Gallery

Loc: Building 7
    #6001329 - 08/27/06 11:21 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I have been blazing for 35 years and aside from the many thousands of dollars spent on it, time wasted finding it blazing it and zoning out from it, and not doing the many things I could have been doing that would have enhanced my life in various ways, weed is great.  :rolleyes:

Be glad you are actually thinking of quitting now instead of actually thinking that weed is somehow enhancing your creativity or helping you socialize as was/is the thinking of me and my generation.  The worst part if you do quit will be the "friends" who still smoke who will be more than happy to bring you back to the bong.  Of course, if you realize that no real friend would do that, it will become easier to drop them off of your life.

This morning I just (hopefully) finished off the last of 35 years worth of wasted money, squandered opportunities and too many cases of the munchies.  I challenge you to do the same, it sounds like we both need the change back to sobriety and all that it has to offer.  I wish us luck.

--------------------
Anxiety is what you make it.

Offlinecapliberty
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: my depression [Re: LunarEclipse]
    #6003088 - 08/27/06 09:13 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I would also like to add that becoming sober is easier said than done, I've recently quit bud and all drugs for that matter. And it seemed harmless enough but really my body has been stressed out from it.

I've been doing some odd things in my adjustment phase, like losing my appetite and sleeping for like 12hrs, because my mind and body can't handle the reality of sobrity just yet. This seems to occur as a build of stress over a week from absteining from drugs,

Just remember its an adjustment, and benefits might not seem so apparent at certain times, partly because its still a work in progress, but I'm determined to transfer artifical energy into real sustaining energy.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order