Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineThe_Chariot
Stranger
Male

Proper FAE, light for your FC
    #5997202 - 08/25/06 07:31 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I'm making casings tomorrow and I've built a fruit chamber. For my casing I will be using 50/50 with verm and peat moss. Now for my fruiting chamber - What I did was make a hole ontop of the lid and taped saram wrap over it. I also put two holes on each side of the FC and stuffed them with polyfil. Hoping this will be enough for FAE. I'm using the perilite humidity tek. And a black light for my 12/12 of light a day. Will these techniques supply a suffcient amount of FAE? And Light? I know I have to mist my casings everyday. And also fan them but for how long? My most concern is the FAE though....the holes are pretty big but stuffed with polyfil, I'm this gives them enough air. Any suggestions?

--------------------
My will be ashes and a casket for all I want. The apocalypse, this way comes. So come. Sing the song. Repent kingdom, the end is here and it won't remain silent. The devil is in Atlanta. The army is surrounded. The civilians panic.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemonstermitch
Growing in Bags Doesn't Work

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Arizona Bay Flag
Re: Proper FAE, light for your FC [Re: The_Chariot]
    #5997234 - 08/25/06 07:48 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

do not use a black light.

no, you will need to fan frequently.

fan as much as you can.
mist before fanning.

--------------------

OfflineThe_Chariot
Stranger
Male

Re: Proper FAE, light for your FC [Re: monstermitch]
    #5997306 - 08/25/06 08:23 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

what type of light should i use then?

--------------------
My will be ashes and a casket for all I want. The apocalypse, this way comes. So come. Sing the song. Repent kingdom, the end is here and it won't remain silent. The devil is in Atlanta. The army is surrounded. The civilians panic.

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
    #5997391 - 08/25/06 08:57 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

The_Chariot said:
what type of light should i use then?

Use a coolwhite fluorescent as these produce light higher in the blue spectrum which promotes more primordia during your pinsetting stage. GL

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

OfflineJamesvomit
Stranger
Re: Proper FAE, light for your FC [Re: hyphae]
    #5998386 - 08/26/06 02:55 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I bought some lights today that are meant for fish aquariums. the are blue 25w/120v incandescent bulbs that I think are to make your fish tank look pretty. will these work?

InvisibleFungusMan
I81U812
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Everywhere
Re: Proper FAE, light for your FC [Re: Jamesvomit]
    #5998413 - 08/26/06 03:51 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Any light will work, light isnt as important as fae.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Proper FAE, light for your FC [Re: hyphae]
    #5998505 - 08/26/06 06:21 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

hyphae said:
Use a coolwhite fluorescent as these produce light higher in the blue spectrum which promotes more primordia during your pinsetting stage. GL

:thumbup: :thumbup: 

Blue aquarium lights might set a nice ambiance to look at fish, but they're not appropriate for mushrooms.  By 'blue spectrum' we mean light at that end of the frequency.  It doesn't mean the color blue that we see with our eyeballs.

Fluorescent lights and metal halide lamps are rich in the blue spectrum, but MH is a bit overkill for mushrooms.  Fluorescents come in smaller sizes and put out very little heat.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflineThe_Chariot
Stranger
Male

Re: Proper FAE, light for your FC [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #5998778 - 08/26/06 11:05 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

OK cool will buy a another light. Ok what about my FAE setup. I read alot about this and alot of things I read said that if you have polyfilled holes on the sides of your FC, there will be not a sufficient amount of FAE. And if you just leave the holes unfilled then the humidity drops in your chamber...which is not good. So should I drill small holes around my FC (maybe about 6) and leave them open and keep the bigger holes I have now still stuffed with polyfill? I could I leave two holes w/polyfill and the other two open? I hear proper FAE is a must in the fruiting process. So I'm trying to get much info as possible on it without having to spend money on coll mist's which I hear there is alot of problems with. So any help would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------

Offlineboosthappyvw
Stranger
    #5999255 - 08/26/06 03:55 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

i would get an aquarium air pump for fae. there is a noticable difference in the ones i have an air pump on and the ones i fan

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale