Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineMuShi_KiNg
---------|)
im going to a psychoigst *sp*with my mom HElp !!!!
    #589858 - 03/26/02 10:14 AM (22 years, 7 days ago)

Well im going to a psychoigst *sp* with my mom . It's about Drugs my mother knows iv used mushrooms weed and X
But anyway.
Should i say i just Tried them they were Fun ?.
I dont want to tell her that I use them for self exploration to betta my person ect.. because Then she will be like Oh yes he has a problem ect.. and my mom going to be there I know she wont know about the relgious use of these drugs ect.. she wont understand i want freedom ect.. so what should i tell her Im 18 atm :smile:

Edited by MuShi_KiNg (03/26/02 01:17 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEightball
whore consumer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: im going to a psychoigst *sp*with my mom HElp !!!! [Re: MuShi_KiNg]
    #589882 - 03/26/02 11:03 AM (22 years, 7 days ago)

as long as you're not screwing up your life (missing/failing school, alienating friends/family etc) your mom is the one with the problem. Something along the lines of "i use x, weed, and shrooms because they're fun and i'm able to learn a lot about myself, others, and the world around me. if you have a problem with that then go fuck yourself for imposing your beliefs on me"

--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and you're holding on.you'll see devils tearing your life away.
But...if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels
Freeing you from the earth.

InvisiblePsilocyberSpace
addict

Loc: Being
    #589927 - 03/26/02 11:57 AM (22 years, 7 days ago)

You have already received a warning, escapism is not exporational, and no it won't do you any good to lie to a pyschologist, better seek answers now or something could end up out of hand.

--------------------
Ours is not a better way, ours is merely another way.

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: im going to a psychoigst *sp*with my mom HElp [Re: MuShi_KiNg]
    #589975 - 03/26/02 12:37 PM (22 years, 7 days ago)

Just be sincere with them, tell them your worries and problems, show yourself as a grown and mature person wich knows what's good and wrong, explain your knowlodge and your need to not act like a fucking socialized robot (wich is what mom wants). Impress them with solutions, defy them with questions about the individual and all its interactions and how some drugs helped you achieve a better you, that's a noble task.
Now, if you're going to play the scary boy role then you're done for good, also don't get pissed and don't rise your voice if you are in a discusion, be calm and most important be yourself.
Have confidence !
Peace,
MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

OfflineMuShi_KiNg
---------|)
Re: im going to a psychoigst *sp*with my mom HElp [Re: MAIA]
    #590024 - 03/26/02 01:21 PM (22 years, 7 days ago)

Thank's guys my mom is worried because she think's i have a problem because I did them by myself She said she would of understood if i was with freinds ect.. So she worried that i have deeper problems But i was doing them by myself not just to get *fucked* But to dig deeper into myself

OfflineMuShi_KiNg
---------|)
    #590030 - 03/26/02 01:28 PM (22 years, 7 days ago)

well when i said she says it would be fine if i did them with freinds :smile: I mean like it would of made more sense to her Not that She like's the idea :smile:

Offlinenugsarenice
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: nowhere
    #590035 - 03/26/02 01:33 PM (22 years, 7 days ago)

I had guardians before who used to judge things frequently without fully being fully knowledgeble, the best thing to say I think is nothing most of the time, then a simple question like this once will suffice, "Give me a reason not to eat mushrooms" , after this you can be kicked out of your house and live on the street, which is a common and noble profession these days, just make sure you bum enough money for a bongo...

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

#591591 - 03/28/02 02:52 AM (22 years, 6 days ago)

Well my friend had to do this for alcohol and weed. He only went 3 times and by the 2nd time the psych said dont come back but his parents made him. He just said he didnt have a problem and didnt plan on using them again but understood that his mom may have been scared. Your parents wont be cool with you saying that you enjoy and plan on using them again. Depends on what YOU want.
1- to help your mom understand that you are using them for good things(Wil she ever believe this?)
or
2- Get this SHIT over with.

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

#591592 - 03/28/02 02:55 AM (22 years, 6 days ago)

Oh I didnt read your 2nd posts. Your mom seems like the type who understands that kids do drugs for fun. Guess she was worried you had some real issues.

--------------------

"Little racoons and old possums 'n' stuff all live up in here. They've got to have a little place to sit." Bob Ross.

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #591598 - 03/28/02 03:25 AM (22 years, 6 days ago)

this is funny 'cause my dad recently busted in on me and four friends smokin' at his pad this past weekend.  now everyone in my family knows, although my sisters already did.  i just offered to talk with them and explain my position.. they listened.  i even told my mom i grow mushrooms and she's cool with it.  my dad is being less than cooperative, but he is very stubborn so that was to be expected.  all in all, i'm glad for it to be out in the open.. no more worries.  just talk to your parents and assure them that you will make responsible decisions.  it'll turn out better than tryin' to deceive them. 

i will let you know however that one of my friends that was involved confessed all his drug use to his parents (herb, mushrooms, san pedro, kava, etc etc) and his parents came down quite hard on him.  i would've told him to hold his own, but his parents are threatening to pull the funds on his college education at usc - which is something he is not willing to sacrifice at this time.  as a result, he had to say goodbye to mary jane this past monday night.  so next time you're tokin' up, take a puff for pete :cool:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Re: im going to a psychoigst *sp*with my mom HElp !!!! [Re: sir tripsalot]
    #591600 - 03/28/02 03:29 AM (22 years, 6 days ago)

In reply to:

Your parents wont be cool with you saying that you enjoy and plan on using them again

heh.. that's pretty much what i told mine. i didn't want to lie to them, and i don't feel like i should have to quit using just because their personal values stand in the way. of course, i am not living under their roof full-time, and as a result i'm sure my parents are takin' this better than if i lived at home.

--------------------

--------------------
...π╥ ╥π...

Offlinedumlovesyou
retired shroomer
 User Gallery

Loc: One dimension
Re: im going to a psychoigst *sp*with my mom HElp !!!! [Re: geokills]
    #591620 - 03/28/02 05:29 AM (22 years, 6 days ago)

TElling the truth always help! I said my mom also, even if she didn't find out I am growing..  :smile: Though I didn't tell her I am growing MAGIC mushrooms....  :smile: 

--------------------
I see trees of green, psylocibe mushrooms too
I see them bloom for me and you
And I think to myself what a wonderful world

OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
Loc: MD.USA
    #591858 - 03/28/02 12:16 PM (22 years, 5 days ago)

......remember the burning building........

OfflineMuShi_KiNg
---------|)
Re: im going to a psychoigst *sp*with my mom HElp !!!! [Re: Tannis]
    #596380 - 04/02/02 10:06 AM (22 years, 23 hours ago)

tannis :smile: Dude I keep that in my mind the whole time it has tought me to think twice Before i do anything :smile:

OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
    #596523 - 04/02/02 01:03 PM (22 years, 20 hours ago)

Peace out brother.......Tannis

OfflineMuShi_KiNg
---------|)
Re: im going to a psychoigst *sp*with my mom HElp !!!! [Re: Tannis]
    #597838 - 04/03/02 05:07 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Tannis you da man and you Know It :smile:

OfflineTannis
ZoneTrooper
    #598529 - 04/04/02 10:59 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Dude, "we" da man........brotherhood.......peace out........

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #598767 - 04/04/02 03:00 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

How old are all of you? As an older guy I can assure you that no parent on earth could give fuck one about explanations for drug use. If you are a teenager you should be working your ass off at school and not even thinking about drugs. Once you're about 30 and you've got a job and have shown your parents you can cope with life they MIGHT feel ok about you using certain drugs. Until then they are going to think you are just another kid fucking up his life and be worried sick about you. Like you would if you had a 16 year old kid on drugs.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisiblesir tripsalot
Administrator

#599587 - 04/05/02 11:50 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

My quote makes perfect sense considering we are talking about parents who brought a psychologist into the equation at first chance. :smile:

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

O Hell no! [Re: Xlea321]
    #599790 - 04/05/02 03:43 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

> How old are all of you?

> If you are a teenager you should be working your ass off
> at school and not even thinking about drugs

and why would this be?  are you implying that i don't work my ass off?  i am striving to find a job that i can fully enjoy doing, so in regards to making myself a better future and making full use of the present, i do work my ass off.  now if i don't believe something to be beneficial to me or anyone else, and there really is no reason to do it aside from "keeping busy,"  then no, i will not put much effort into it.

> Once you're about 30 and you've got a job and have shown
> your parents you can cope with life they MIGHT feel ok
> about you using certain drugs

well i'm 2/3 of the way there, and never once have i done anything to inspire fear in my parents that i may not be able to cope with life.  the way i see it, life is just a good time.  there is no real purpose, the only purpose is for those who feel the need to have a purpose to propose and accept one, and for the rest of us to enjoy ourselves without harming anyone else.  don't bother yourself with worries over things you cannot control.  for example, my parents may worry about my drug use, but they really can't control it.  my dad has tried threatening me to withdraw all funds for my education if i don't stop using (let me tell you we're just talkin' about ocassional mj usage here).  you know what i told him?  i told him that if he wants to press his own personal values and judge me like that, he may do so, but in the process it will weaken my relationship with him and may result in added resentment of the fact that he cannot accept my personal lifestyle choices.  if he wants to take it to that point, so be it.  i will not stand in his way, but i will stand for my beliefs.

i told them i would quit for a few months to prove my non-addicition, because i understand that the older generations who may not have experience with drugs (my parents included) are fueled by the anti-drug propaganda and horror stories spread by friends who had friends who had a friend who got in a horrible car accident while under the influence.  the bottom line is that the older generation is stuck in time and they honestly cannot fathom that drugs are anything but bad.  i have helped to change my parents perspective somewhat in regards to this, however there is still much more educating that needs to be done.  my mom understands where i'm coming from, but my dad is just too stubborn. 

i am not being unreasonable either.  i told them i would take a break to prove i don't need the substance, and that i will keep my grades at a B (or above) grade point average, and will maintain 16 units of courses every quarter which fullfill general education or degree requirements.  if i ever saw myself relying on a substance to live, then i would seek help on my own time, i don't need my parents to worry about this for me because i have already decided i do not want drugs to control my life.  there isn't a problem, drugs don't need to be a problem, regardless of the age.  understandably, there are immature people out there who cannot handle drugs, and for them, i only hope their parents will be a little forceful on them before they do hit rock bottom.. give them a 2nd chance so to speak.  but in every argument/discussion i've had with my parents on the subject, they cannot pull out any reasons of why i should quit aside from the legality aspect and that they simply feel it is a bad thing to do.  funny thing is, in the same discussion, my dad tells me it's ok if i drink a little!  the thing i told him is that in my county/state, it's simply a $100 fine for having anything under 28grams.  the penalties for underage drinking here could land me in jail for a night, suspend my license, fine me, and force me to partake in mandatory community service.  not to mention that alcohol is physiologically harder on the body than marijuana.

and alex, i can assure YOU that when i am a parent, i will give ALL FUCKS about my children's explanations for their drug use.  in fact, with all the shit you hear spewed through the media, my child's explanation and opinions on their drug use will be my sole guide to determine if they are in fact capable of handling themselves and the substances they may choose to use (not abuse).  i don't think you should have such a closed mind perspective on this topic.. hopefully your relationship with your kids will not be hindered as a result of your controlling nature :wink:  i'm not tryin' to sound like an ass, but i have very strong feelings on all of this since i am currently going through it.  i would like to hear more about why you think they way you do - as an adult, so that it may shed some light on my situation and may help me deal with my father a little better

--------------------

--------------------
...π╥ ╥π...

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order