Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTomorrowAlready
Stranger
1st flush growing slowly : should I harvest now ?
    #5995043 - 08/25/06 03:23 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

it's been ten days since the first pinhead appeared on my first growingkit ever experience

while two mushrooms are now rather big (one especially) the others grow rather slowly, but what bothers me most is that there are new pinheads appearing, why am I bothering you gonna ask me ! well I read that the mushrooms come in flushes and not continuously, here it definitely looks like a continuous process, at this stage I start to worry about the kit to have enough humidity to help the mushrooms grow healthly

so here are my questions :

1. should I remove all the mushrooms at some point for the second harvest ?
2. should I give it some water ?
3. should I remove the few bigger mushrooms ?
4. how much time can I wait before harvesting ?

thanks for your answers...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: 1st flush growing slowly : should I harvest now ? [Re: TomorrowAlready]
    #5995070 - 08/25/06 03:55 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Harvest them as the veil tears. If you leave them longer, they'll drop spores everywhere and make a mess.

If they're growing slowly, they probably need water. You'll need to describe the setup and/or show a picture for more information.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

OfflineTomorrowAlready
Stranger
Re: 1st flush growing slowly : should I harvest now ? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #5995111 - 08/25/06 04:51 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

A few of my mushrooms (not the biggest/tallest ones) have their caps similar to the one of this picture :

http://www.shroomery.org/images/3381/22317.jpg

None (even the biggest ones) has an open cap, all the caps are still like a ball so far, so I guess I don't have to fear a spores launch, right ?

So it doesn't matter how long it takes for the mushrooms to reach maturity as long as the spores don't come out ? It's probably gonna be a three weeks process before harvesting from the moment the first pinhead appeared...

OfflineTomorrowAlready
Stranger
Re: 1st flush growing slowly : should I harvest now ? [Re: TomorrowAlready]
    #5995683 - 08/25/06 11:24 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I've just picked all the mushrooms on my kit as the veils of some mushrooms seemed broken, it took me by surprise as these were not the big ones but some which looked like aborts. The kit only gave me about 50 grams of fresh mushrooms. I hope I'll get better results with the second flush...

Edited by TomorrowAlready (08/25/06 11:24 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck