Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineHugh
Midnight Toker

Trippy room decorations :)
    #5991426 - 08/24/06 12:18 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Hey there,

I've moved into my dorm a bit early and decided to make my room especially trippy since my room has walking space this year  :grin:!  This is a natural fit given the occupants of the room have an especial love for trippy things (gee, wonder why?).  I've already done some shopping at Spencer's and got some nice poster and lights, but think there is much room for improvement.  So, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to online (or maybe even other chain/mall stores?) where trippy decorations of any kind can be found.  Also, I was wondering what sorts of trippy decorations fellow trippers enjoy?

It's going to be a great year  :rasta:

Peace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: Trippy room decorations :) [Re: Hugh]
    #5991449 - 08/24/06 12:26 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

spacetribe.com

check out the sorongs, UV party banners and such
they even have some cool clothes

The sorongs are a pretty large size (1m x 1.5m about the same as a huge poster), and the UV Party banners are HUGE (most are 2m x 2m but some are 4m x 2m which trust me is huge u gunna want some big ass walls for that shit)

ebay for lavalamps, neon lights, uv blacklights etc

Edited by indica (08/24/06 12:32 AM)

InvisibleFunkyLoFi
Existing

Re: Trippy room decorations :) [Re: indica]
    #5991486 - 08/24/06 12:42 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Some of those space tribe t-shirts are sick.  :thumbup:

--------------------
All the people you knew were the actors

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
Re: Trippy room decorations :) [Re: FunkyLoFi]
    #5991627 - 08/24/06 02:36 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Sureglow

turn on the light.

illuminate.

--------------------

Edited by AlteredAgain (08/24/06 02:37 AM)

Offlinewiggles
Miffed a Milf
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Trippy room decorations :) [Re: AlteredAgain]
    #5991993 - 08/24/06 09:11 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I use glow in the dark stars with 2 blacklights. Turn on the lights for a few minutes, then turn themoff, and you have a full sky of stars to enjoy :smile:

--------------------

You can turn your back on a person, but never turn your back on a drug, especially when its waving a razor sharp hunting knife in your eye.
Hunter S. Thompson

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
Re: Trippy room decorations :) [Re: wiggles]
    #5992104 - 08/24/06 09:54 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, once i just took one fat glow stick, broke it, and sprayed the walls of my house in the middle of the night. That shit was awesome, created a great milky way galaxy effect. :grin:

--------------------

Offlinedbd1784
The Man

Loc: here
Re: Trippy room decorations :) [Re: AlteredAgain]
    #5992548 - 08/24/06 12:27 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

dayglow is the shit man

--------------------
"Then God way up in heaven, for whatever it was worth, Thought He'd have a big old party, thought He'd call it planet Earth." -Grateful Dead

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: Trippy room decorations :) [Re: dbd1784]
    #5993104 - 08/24/06 04:18 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

broken glow sticks are the shizzle, it's like a3d world in pitch black, but be careful not to get it on ur tv, dvd player etc. as the stuff is corrosive and will melt thru it over time, also fucks up ur eyes bad too if u get it in ur eyes.

All my walls are covered with space tribe stuff

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
    #5993343 - 08/24/06 05:43 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineWoahtubulardude
Some Hippy Dude
Male
Re: Trippy room decorations :) [Re: DeathCompany]
    #5994151 - 08/24/06 09:13 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

No man, go to spencers, get the blacklight paint, or, be creative.
Take a few highlighters, take the ink cartridges out of them, and soak them in seperate cups of water for a week or so, it'll be clear, write whatever on your wall and it'll be invisible unless you turn your blacklight on, I love the stuff.
Peace

OfflineHugh
Midnight Toker

Re: Trippy room decorations :) [Re: Woahtubulardude]
    #5994214 - 08/24/06 09:29 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

That blacklight paint looks sweet.  So, as I understand it, if I were to say paint my dorm room with that stuff no one would know unless they used a blacklight, which is not probable? :laugh:  Wouldn't want to get in any sort of trouble and end up having to pay more damages than I already will probably have to (I have a knack for destroying anything around me :laugh:)...

Offlineaug16
psytek

Re: Trippy room decorations :) [Re: Woahtubulardude]
    #5994484 - 08/24/06 11:17 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Woahtubulardude said:
No man, go to spencers, get the blacklight paint, or, be creative.
Take a few highlighters, take the ink cartridges out of them, and soak them in seperate cups of water for a week or so, it'll be clear, write whatever on your wall and it'll be invisible unless you turn your blacklight on, I love the stuff.
Peace

I had a friend that took them out and put them in empty vodka bottles. It was pretty kewl to have all the different colored bottles lit up.

--------------------
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
- Benjamin Franklin

Offlineaug16
psytek

#5994508 - 08/24/06 11:23 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Hugh said:
That blacklight paint looks sweet.  So, as I understand it, if I were to say paint my dorm room with that stuff no one would know unless they used a blacklight, which is not probable? :laugh:  Wouldn't want to get in any sort of trouble and end up having to pay more damages than I already will probably have to (I have a knack for destroying anything around me :laugh:)...

I wouldn't do it in a dorm. Ive attended two different colleges and both times they are hard asses on inspections at the end of the year. Also, the stuff with really mess up your carpet.

--------------------
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
- Benjamin Franklin

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
    #5994705 - 08/25/06 12:53 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

what are those things called where its a light, like on a lamp, then around it is a revolving shade, so the light revolves around the room in whatever patterns are on the shade? those things are real cool.

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

Offlinebobjones
Male

Loc: Tx
    #5994791 - 08/25/06 01:22 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

exhibit 1 - hammock chair (you can easily bolt up a hammock in the dorms)
exhibit 2 - big trippy mural

add shrooms and you're good to go

--------------------
"Outside of a dog a book is a man's friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read"
-Groucho Marx

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: Trippy room decorations :) [Re: nightkrawler]
    #5994810 - 08/25/06 01:27 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

blacklight.com is fookin mad!

OfflineHugh
Midnight Toker

Re: Trippy room decorations :) [Re: bobjones]
    #5994849 - 08/25/06 01:41 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Hehe, well thanks for the ideas guys again.  What I have now (from last year's/this summer's dorm) is somewhat trippy leaning toward off the wall.  We just need to get it fully off the wall if you know what I mean. 

Right now, I have 2 blacklight posters (gnomes with shrooms and bob marley) plus this really trippy ass poster + a darkside of the moon poster and a scarface poster which is a picture of tony made up of all the words in the script of the movie (trippy in its own right).  I have some lights - 2 black lights (one needs a new bulb =/), a lava lamp, one of those fake torch things they sell at spencer's, a buddha holding a plasma ball, and this thing that projects a little laser light show. 

I've decided to say fuck beds again this year, and now fuck couches, as I have decided to sleep on a small matress on the ground covered with bean bags and a ton of pillows (at IKEA you can buy this small blue pillows for like $1).  I love that hammock setup you got going there, if it weren't for the mound of pillows I'd have to do that :wink:.  While shopping at IKEA (stoned) I wondered into the kids department and saw these giant ass leaf decorations and bought 2.  One is above my mound of pillows and makes me think I'm sleeping under some gigantic plant o_O.  I also found these things like hanging beads curtains except strips of plastic instead of beads. They have this trippy ass bubble pattern so sometimes it looks like I'm living under the water (well anything so I don't have to accidentally get a glance of my roomate fucking his ho).

Wow, ambien is doing funny things to me (none of which involve me falling asleep ><), and I applaud anyone who just read that.

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
    #5994867 - 08/25/06 01:48 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

xk3m_indica said:
blacklight.com is fookin mad!

yeah thats where i order all my psoters and paint from

--------------------

Offlinekeefboy
a friendly parkranger
Re: Trippy room decorations :) [Re: DeathCompany]
    #5994988 - 08/25/06 02:36 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

omg wow. thank you so much for the blacklight site!!!! everything there is awesome and priced affordably. had i known of it earlier, my apt. would have been decorated much better during the past two years, as opposed to having all bare walls.

--------------------
"A friend of mine was famous for holding his hits until his face swelled up and turned bright red. The veins in his neck and forehead would bulge and he'd get bug-eyed. He'd start sweating. Then he'd belch the hit out violently, along with plenty of spit, and gasp for air." ~UBAKO

Invisibleindica
Male User Gallery

Re: Trippy room decorations :) [Re: keefboy]
    #5995026 - 08/25/06 03:07 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

yeah man i used to buy all my shit from spacetribe, but now i've got everything from there that I like, I'll shop from blacklight from now on (cheaper as well!)

you could decorate your whole house from that website!
Chairs and all! No shit! Fuck yeah

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom