Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblePinhead
Oregano
Male

Loc: Hootersville
Was Given a Datura Plant!
    #5989318 - 08/23/06 11:31 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I've always been very curious about this plant. What a beautiful aroma!!. I already know that ingesting this plant, chewing seeds, making tea..etc. can have disastrous and unpredictable effects. What about smoking a small amount? Any users here have experience with that? I was told I have Datura Brugmansia. See pic, tell me your opinion.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePinhead
Oregano
Male

Re: Was Given a Datura Plant! [Re: Pinhead]
    #5989356 - 08/23/06 11:50 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Been looking around more.. Think it's Brugmansia suaveolens.

InvisibleMrJellineck
junkE
 User Gallery
    #5989404 - 08/23/06 12:17 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I wouldn't recommend using it as an intoxicant.  I don't think many people have fun on Brugmansia. 

It's a beautiful plant though.... if I were you I'd just let it grow out and collect seeds and trade them off.  :thumbup:

InvisibleaNeway2sayHooray
Cresley Wusher
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Orphic Trench
Re: Was Given a Datura Plant! [Re: MrJellineck]
    #5989411 - 08/23/06 12:21 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

MrJellineck said:
if I were you I'd just let it grow out and collect seeds and trade them off.  :thumbup:

--------------------
Mad_Larkin said:  Death is just a thang.
:clementine:
MrJellineck said:  Profits, prophets. That's all you jews think about.
sheekle said: life is drugs... and music... and cat... :snowman:

InvisibleEbb
Rasta Pasta,with mushrooms
Male

Loc: in your cochlea
Re: Was Given a Datura Plant! [Re: aNeway2sayHooray]
    #5989468 - 08/23/06 12:55 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

i have tripped on those, they are very crazy, but they dont confuse you like datura.

i would take the suggestions said and not use it for its entheogenic properties, but if you were to, i have some suggestions of my own to keep you safe

i have tried this variety, but who knows how it was grown so we wont know the exact potency

i found one full flower to cause a body high with little eye distortion, and eye "strain" or whatever that is that keeps u from reading

if you were to ingest, start with half a flower and work your way up by halfs, get to know your plants power.

--------------------
I'm not foreign so don't hang up on me.
:crankey:

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
Re: Was Given a Datura Plant! [Re: Ebb]
    #5989484 - 08/23/06 01:04 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

good luck getting seeds

OfflineSchwip
Never sleeps.
 User Gallery

Re: Was Given a Datura Plant! [Re: Ebb]
    #5989835 - 08/23/06 03:43 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Ebb said:
i have tripped on those, they are very crazy, but they dont confuse you like datura.

i would take the suggestions said and not use it for its entheogenic properties, but if you were to, i have some suggestions of my own to keep you safe

i have tried this variety, but who knows how it was grown so we wont know the exact potency

i found one full flower to cause a body high with little eye distortion, and eye "strain" or whatever that is that keeps u from reading

if you were to ingest, start with half a flower and work your way up by halfs, get to know your plants power.

thats ludacris!! one whole flower!!!

--------------------
--------------------------------

" If the sky were to suddenly open up there would be no law. There would be no rule. There would only be you and your memories... the choices you've made, and the people you've touched. If this world were to end there would only be you and him and no-one else. "

"MAN! You know there aint no such thing as left over crack!"

InvisiblePinhead
Oregano
Male

Re: Was Given a Datura Plant! [Re: Mitchnast]
    #5991067 - 08/23/06 09:50 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Mitchnast said:
good luck getting seeds

Why? I think I see seed pods forming. The person that gave me this one has one with seed pods on it. Would the pods be empty?

InvisibleEbb
Rasta Pasta,with mushrooms
Male

Loc: in your cochlea
Re: Was Given a Datura Plant! [Re: Schwip]
    #5991247 - 08/23/06 10:52 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Schwip said:
Quote:

Ebb said:

thats ludacris!! one whole flower!!!

most are skeptic of datura, or just sketched out, but it does have beneficial powers to one. many dont know the doses, or the concentrations of the alkaloids because the leaf and flowers and stems and roots all contain differing variations of each alkaloid. and yes potency does vary with how you grow it, and what its genetics are like, but I have tried a few kinds (i mean different grown habitats) of suaveolens and found 1 flower to be a fairly low dose. I have seen someone eat 6 and have a horrible time, as well as myself eating 4 whole large suaveolens flowers. the high from suaveolens over stramonium is differing in that theres not as much confusing, though you will see your thoughts, your able to keep control of it, get a rhythm of the waves, and ride with it feeling the visions before they come and acting with them to get the answers your looking for. brujos eat many many flowers in a sitting, though this is not recommended for someone just beginning to experiment.

As with anything you need to start in a low dose, and work your way up to a dose you feel suitable while still safe, you wanna be in control. I dont wanna say "dont explore conciousness and one of many beautifuly given plants!" i totaly express great enthusiasm towards the subject, and i feel its anyones right to explore these things and put in their body what they want, while still keeping some discipline and control over dose by starting low to keep things safe and in-line with the self-control. discipline and research are the backbones of even thinking of considering experimenting with something that may even kill you.
Drink plenty of water if you do take it.

ill stop my devil ranting, i cant help but defend her

--------------------
I'm not foreign so don't hang up on me.
:crankey:

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
    #5991465 - 08/24/06 12:32 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

http://www.erowid.org/plants/datura/datura_dose.shtml

Quote:

As a general rule, Erowid neither recommends nor discourages the use of any psychoactive, however, in the case of tropane alkaloid-containing Solanaceae plants, we think it is important to note that an overwhelming majority of those who describe to us their use of Datura (and to a lesser extent, Belladonna, Brugmansia and Brunfelsia) find their experiences extremely mentally and physically unpleasant and not infrequently physically dangerous.

There is no way to guess a reasonable dose, because potency of the plant material itself and appropriate dose for an individual appear to vary so much. The question of what "reasonable" means for something that so often leads to such ridiculously negative effects is hard to say.

As an admixture plant in some traditional ayahuasca brews, smoking blends, or other preparations, parts of these plants are generally used in very low doses. Because of the serious adverse consequences associated with tropane alkaloids (scopolamine, atropine, hyoscyamine) intoxication and the wide variation in doses used, we are unwilling to even speculate about specific dosages for the leaves, flowers, and seeds of these plants.

If you are considering ingesting Datura-group plants, please read extensively from the collected experience reports and never take them without a reliable, sober sitter who understands the likely health issues and who can stop you from walking in front of traffic. Please note that fatalities from ingesting Datura do occur and hospitalizations seem to be quite common, in spite of the relatively low rates of psychoactive use of these plants.

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

OfflineEdgekrusher
God
Re: Was Given a Datura Plant! [Re: Annapurna1]
    #5991535 - 08/24/06 01:18 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Jimson Weed (which I assume is the same) grows wild all over here. Kids use to dare others to take it back in highschool. Everyone knew it had negative effects due to cattle occasionally getting in it.

I got dared my junior year. The next 3 days were some of the worst in my life. And my eyesight didn't recover for weeks. I finally convinced myself I was dying and on the third day I visted a doctor...... who took one look at my dilated pupils and asked "What drugs have you taken?"

I wouldn't mess with the stuff unless you have a spiritual guide to see you through it. Deffinitely otherworldly.

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Was Given a Datura Plant! [Re: Edgekrusher]
    #5991565 - 08/24/06 01:46 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

datura and brugmansia are completely different, ebb's quite right in that sense. ive eaten varying doses of brugmansia versicolor, suaveolens, and some other unidentified (white, pink, orange etc) brugs, in doses between 1-4 flowers. and have only tried datura stramonium once, and i agree thats a very long trip for your normal reality coordination, even after the other effects have subsided.
ive noticed brugmansia to be more visual in a color aspect, purple and blue tracers, whatever you think of becomes 3D in front of you, where-as stramonium just made me confused, sick, and tired.

little experience on stramonium, but from what i can tell from personal experience brugmansia is a whole different experience on the mind.

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
Re: Was Given a Datura Plant! [Re: CptnGarden]
    #5991586 - 08/24/06 01:57 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

the experience from this group intrigues me, though i must admit i am quite scared of it as well. i have never tried it, and probably never will... but i often find myself playing around with the idea. from what ive heard though (and ive heard alot) this thread is the first to relate any information remotely positive. if you could, and dont mind, please elaborate a little more about the experience. i am quite interested in hearing your side of the story...

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Was Given a Datura Plant! [Re: wrestler_az]
    #5991670 - 08/24/06 02:57 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

ok, well i was a dumb teenager, i ate many brugmansia flowers regularly, like 2 or 3 times in a week once, to get the "feel"

one trip i did with some friends way far from my house, i had to take 3 busses to get within 5 miles of my house, and then hitchike into the deep woods 1 mile from my house, and then walk up a huge hill to my house at the top which is about 1 mile. i dosed the 4 white and pink brugmansia flowers with my friend at his trailer park, worst place believe me, in this little laundry room. i got bad cotton mouth after 40 minutes or so, and a slight body high. i drank some orange-like or mago-like arizona tallcans to kill the cottonmouth, but it only worked for 10-15 seconds after each gulp, i had to drink constantly to keep it at bay. after a while i got full and i had no more iced tea to drink, so i just played along with it, still just a body high. anyway an hour or two had passed and i departed with my friends, got on the bus heading to the downtown metro area. i dont remember much til i got to the 5 miles before my house mark, much of it is a daze in my memory, though the small clips of it i do remember, i was mostly just groggy with blue and purple tracers, not really there kinda dissasociated with reality, but in-tune with nature. I next remember standing, and lemme inform you this was like 12am or later that im standing here with my thumb out, across the street from a police station, staring in a daze at the red light at a distant intersection which kept dodging left and right as i tried to focus on it, it would swirl around and purple tracers were swirly everywhere around me like strands of magenta ribbon enlightened by UV. I would think of a friend and he would pop next to me and say something like "hey whens the next expendables concert?" and ide turn to say "oh its next sunday" and the minute i took myself out of my trance and concentrated, the vision would dissapear. this continued for a while until someone finaly picked me up, i stayed very alert and kept myself from going into that trance but sparking up a conversation. he was smoking a bowl doing 85 on a 25mph street, so i didnt think he would mind if i was trippin anyways, but someone i managed to come off looking sober i guess, i smoked a bowl with him and this is where i dont remember much. the walk home was tiring and intense, i felt heavy and tired and my mouth was dry, but i made it home, drank alot of water and had crazy dreams. i felt fine the next day but i couldnt read much on the computer til later that night. went away faster than jimsonweed though.

i also took a giant orange flower, the most potent kind ive ever consumed, it was electric orange and tasted bitter and kinda burny. it went down quick with an orangeade arizona iced tea (these are my favorite to drink tripping, so tastey and resfreshing, such a velvety texture) me and my best friend were walkin along as it kicked in maybe 45 mins after i ate it, i was having trouble focusing my vision on anything, i was in a very meditative state. now the friend i was with isnt really into meditation, and one time when we took acid and shrooms combo together, i was preaching some cosmic jumbo and he claimed "i made peoples trips weird", so hes kind of uncomfortable when he doesnt understand the headstate. anyways i layed in the crass and was humming and chanting, getting lost in my head, he was standing aside me tapping his foot going "dude wtf u doing, did you go crazy? is that why your lying on the ground?", i decided to just get up and go since he was being so edgy about it, we got on our skates... BAD mistake... no balance, and the skate like a rocket from under me being launched into the sand at a nearby playstructure area. i surprisingly felt no pain and effortlessly pushed myself to my feet and fetch my board. we walked downtown, kicked it on our favorite beerfund corner for panhandling, and got some money for some grub, hit up tacobell. for some reason the food tasted dry and gross, the beans were like caulking putty in my mouth and it was hard to swallow. the whole time it was mostly just a body high, with inability to focus on much close to me. on jimsonweed my hand at bellybutton distance away from me was blurry, but not on even 4flower doses of brugmansia, they are quite different in that effect too.

ive found the white lemony-bitter brugmansia to be the weakest, and potency seemed to get more intense with color change in species. the pink and white were the next, kinda sweet but bitter. the pink and dark pink are quite potent, though the strongest was the bright orange. yellow i didnt feel much of an effect from strangely.

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #5991677 - 08/24/06 03:04 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

after experimenting i found at certain doses i was able to keep myself still and in a trance, and roll with the hallucinations, keep them there and continuous without reacting to them, like how you would meditate sober by just letting your thoughts flow. you can eventualy chime in thoughts that you want to visualize, or make a "scene" of.

Quote:

your able to keep control of it, get a rhythm of the waves, and ride with it feeling the visions before they come and acting with them to get the answers your looking for.

YES! i find this to be exactly what im trying to say right now, you can chime in your own thoughts to gain insights or "answers" as ebb puts it into those situations or people.

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #5991737 - 08/24/06 04:25 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

thank you for taking the time. when you speak of your experience, you often refer to trance like and meditative states... and taking that into consideration with the rest of what ive heard, sounds like it has an almost waking dream/dissociative feel to it. how does it compare to other dissociatives such as ketamine or dxm? and do you prefer this experience over the others? (assuming you have tried them) why or why not?

also, the physical side effects of this drug such as the dry mouth and blurred vision kind of worry me. how long after the trip does it usually take for your vision to come back completely? seems theres also a pretty high risk of dehydration... were there any other noticeable physical side effects?

again, thank you for taking the time. you are the first person ive come across that has actually "liked" the trip enough to do it multiple times. most everyone i know or have talked to was completely turned off after 1 go with it. so i am pretty interested in what it is about this plant that keeps you coming back.

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

OfflineEdgekrusher
God
Re: Was Given a Datura Plant! [Re: wrestler_az]
    #5991754 - 08/24/06 04:54 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

You can see the next day, but your vision is blury as fuck. Took me a week to get my 20/20 back, but I've read reports of people being off center for months.

InvisiblePinhead
Oregano
Male

#5992108 - 08/24/06 09:57 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I was given an actual Datura (White Moonflower) at the same time as the Brugmansia. I can see the obvious differences.
Now I'm wondering how often the two are confused? Have most of the horror stories on the news been about Datura and not Brugmansia?

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
    #5992704 - 08/24/06 01:47 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Yes but they have the same family of alkaloids in them so its not like one is safe and the other isn't or anything like that.

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Was Given a Datura Plant! [Re: mr_minds_eye]
    #5992718 - 08/24/06 01:59 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

datura you go confused, do ppl not catch this part? its like complete insanity, you see your thoughts, but u dont realize whats going on so its like reality for oyu. with brugmansia your still grounded to regular reality, theres just "chirps" of inordinary reality.

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #5992726 - 08/24/06 02:04 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

wrong, minds eye.

they contain differing alkaloids, though in the same family. henbane contains more hyoscyamine which is less potent than atropine and scopolamine, and gives more of the effect of flight and flashin lights (from what ive heard) than confusion and hallucination like the others. belladonna contains more atropine than datura, while brugmansia contains more scopolamine than the others. its really all about figuring the average alkaloid contents of each plant specie, and breaking them down to individual experiences, in the same family or not. some of the plants are easier to "OD" than others, but ive not heard of deaths on brugmansia. my friend ate 2 and a half and had a trip to the ICU, but thats cause he was tripping and his parents found him and didnt know what he was on. still a dangerous flower if its your first time and u take more than u can handle on accident. and i wont touch stramonium, woahness.

Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
    #5995215 - 08/25/06 07:18 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ShroomieOfDoomie said:
wrong, minds eye.

they contain differing alkaloids, though in the same family. henbane contains more hyoscyamine which is less potent than atropine and scopolamine, and gives more of the effect of flight and flashin lights (from what ive heard) than confusion and hallucination like the others. belladonna contains more atropine than datura, while brugmansia contains more scopolamine than the others. its really all about figuring the average alkaloid contents of each plant specie, and breaking them down to individual experiences, in the same family or not. some of the plants are easier to "OD" than others, but ive not heard of deaths on brugmansia. my friend ate 2 and a half and had a trip to the ICU, but thats cause he was tripping and his parents found him and didnt know what he was on. still a dangerous flower if its your first time and u take more than u can handle on accident. and i wont touch stramonium, woahness.

I agree with you that there is a different safety margin for these plants. They do all however contain tropane alkaloids which aren't exactly THC when it comes to safety. I just didn't want some jackass who reads this to go ape-shit on the Angel Trumpet flowers and end up another unfortunate subject of natural selection. I mean I am much more comfortable ingesting Henbane than I am Datura. That doesn't mean I let my guard down either. The comment wasn't really directed at you. I have complete faith in you so far as this goes. I don't however extend that to ALL of the members of this community. I just don't want anyone killing themselves is all.

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

InvisiblePinhead
Oregano
Male

#5995459 - 08/25/06 09:52 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

This was given to me at the same time. Now This one is a Datura. It's a Moonflower Datura. Hopefully I'll have seed pods to trade soon.

Was reading up on the Brug. I guess if it's a hybrid, there'll be no seeds. :frown:

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #5995551 - 08/25/06 10:33 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

mr_minds_eye said:
Quote:

ShroomieOfDoomie said:
wrong, minds eye.

I agree with you that there is a different safety margin for these plants. They do all however contain tropane alkaloids which aren't exactly THC when it comes to safety. I just didn't want some jackass who reads this to go ape-shit on the Angel Trumpet flowers and end up another unfortunate subject of natural selection. I mean I am much more comfortable ingesting Henbane than I am Datura. That doesn't mean I let my guard down either. The comment wasn't really directed at you. I have complete faith in you so far as this goes. I don't however extend that to ALL of the members of this community. I just don't want anyone killing themselves is all.

i understand. i retract me calling you wrong.

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #5995554 - 08/25/06 10:34 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

what specie is that exactly pinhead, wrightii?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag