Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Was Given a Datura Plant! [Re: mr_minds_eye]
    #5992726 - 08/24/06 02:04 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

wrong, minds eye.

they contain differing alkaloids, though in the same family. henbane contains more hyoscyamine which is less potent than atropine and scopolamine, and gives more of the effect of flight and flashin lights (from what ive heard) than confusion and hallucination like the others. belladonna contains more atropine than datura, while brugmansia contains more scopolamine than the others. its really all about figuring the average alkaloid contents of each plant specie, and breaking them down to individual experiences, in the same family or not. some of the plants are easier to "OD" than others, but ive not heard of deaths on brugmansia. my friend ate 2 and a half and had a trip to the ICU, but thats cause he was tripping and his parents found him and didnt know what he was on. still a dangerous flower if its your first time and u take more than u can handle on accident. and i wont touch stramonium, woahness.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemr_minds_eye
Disposable Wage Whore
Male User Gallery
Loc: Samsara
Re: Was Given a Datura Plant! [Re: CptnGarden]
    #5995215 - 08/25/06 07:18 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ShroomieOfDoomie said:
wrong, minds eye.

they contain differing alkaloids, though in the same family. henbane contains more hyoscyamine which is less potent than atropine and scopolamine, and gives more of the effect of flight and flashin lights (from what ive heard) than confusion and hallucination like the others. belladonna contains more atropine than datura, while brugmansia contains more scopolamine than the others. its really all about figuring the average alkaloid contents of each plant specie, and breaking them down to individual experiences, in the same family or not. some of the plants are easier to "OD" than others, but ive not heard of deaths on brugmansia. my friend ate 2 and a half and had a trip to the ICU, but thats cause he was tripping and his parents found him and didnt know what he was on. still a dangerous flower if its your first time and u take more than u can handle on accident. and i wont touch stramonium, woahness.

I agree with you that there is a different safety margin for these plants. They do all however contain tropane alkaloids which aren't exactly THC when it comes to safety. I just didn't want some jackass who reads this to go ape-shit on the Angel Trumpet flowers and end up another unfortunate subject of natural selection. I mean I am much more comfortable ingesting Henbane than I am Datura. That doesn't mean I let my guard down either. The comment wasn't really directed at you. I have complete faith in you so far as this goes. I don't however extend that to ALL of the members of this community. I just don't want anyone killing themselves is all.

--------------------
Our quest for discovery fuels our creativity in all fields, not just science. If we reached the end of the line, the human spirit would shrivel and die. But I don't think we will ever stand still: we shall increase in complexity, if not in depth, and shall always be the center on an expanding horizon of possibilities.
-Stephen Hawking

InvisiblePinhead
Oregano
Male

Loc: Hootersville
    #5995459 - 08/25/06 09:52 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

This was given to me at the same time. Now This one is a Datura. It's a Moonflower Datura. Hopefully I'll have seed pods to trade soon.

Was reading up on the Brug. I guess if it's a hybrid, there'll be no seeds. :frown:

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: Was Given a Datura Plant! [Re: mr_minds_eye]
    #5995551 - 08/25/06 10:33 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

mr_minds_eye said:
Quote:

ShroomieOfDoomie said:
wrong, minds eye.

I agree with you that there is a different safety margin for these plants. They do all however contain tropane alkaloids which aren't exactly THC when it comes to safety. I just didn't want some jackass who reads this to go ape-shit on the Angel Trumpet flowers and end up another unfortunate subject of natural selection. I mean I am much more comfortable ingesting Henbane than I am Datura. That doesn't mean I let my guard down either. The comment wasn't really directed at you. I have complete faith in you so far as this goes. I don't however extend that to ALL of the members of this community. I just don't want anyone killing themselves is all.

i understand. i retract me calling you wrong.

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
    #5995554 - 08/25/06 10:34 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

what specie is that exactly pinhead, wrightii?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds