Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineFades_to_Black
Sexaholic
Female

Loc: Lynn, the City of Sin
The Fascism of Public Learning Establishments
    #5988798 - 08/23/06 06:20 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I am a senior at FPC...a high school in Bunnell, FL.  This year, we are notified by the administration that new policies are going into effect starting immediatly.  What "new policies", you ask?

First of all, we are required to wear our student ID's around our neck with a break away lanier at ALL TIMES.  Failure to comply with this rule bestows upon you two after-school detentions/Saturday schools.  Next, what the fuck is Saturday school?  That's some new bullshit too.  Children that fail to appear in after-school detention recieve Saturday school...which is bullshit, becuase no one is going to go. 

And then, there is the no PDA policy.  Any student seen touching another student in a fashion that the administration deems inappropriate will be repremanded with ICE (ISS, for all you people that go to normal schools)or after-school detention. 

On top of that, they took away the senior parking lot to give more spaces to the faculty.  They definately don't need them, I come to school late all the time and there are plenty of spaces still available. 

The most horrific of these new rules is the tardy policy.  The way it used to go is that if you get three tardies to one class, you had ICE for one day.  Now, if you're late three times any class, you get ICE.  That means, I used to have twelve tardies to play around with, and now I can't even fuck with it.

What is the point of all this bullshit?  I think that high school students are more than capable of making good choices without any direction from the FPC admin.  Kids are dropping out left and right because they can't deal with going to ICE every week because of a crazy tardy system or a dumb PDA rule.  Is this truly what the American Public School system desires?  To alienate all their students, thus creating an army of "Do-you-want-fries-with-that" nobodies with no hope for a productive future?

I swear to God, Florida's Prison Camp is going DOWN!

:mad:

--------------------
With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know. - Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

~*Krysta*~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleClean
the lense
Male User Gallery

Re: The Fascism of Public Learning Establishments [Re: Fades_to_Black]
    #5988968 - 08/23/06 09:12 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Is this truly what the American Public School system desires?

Surprising and dis-heartening as it is, the answer to that is yes.

We do not have a public education system here. What we do have is a public indoctrination system designed to turn brilliant young minds into mere sponges that just absorb tidbits only to squeeze them out again at the proper time, usually during a standardized test.

Critical thinking and analysis are not encouraged.
You're just supposed to listen to teacher and hold onto every tidbit as though it were God's truth.

In addition to this informational indoctrination you are also undergoing massive social indoctrination such as the I.D. cards and other such draconian rules. This is simply training you to be submissive to authority in order to mold you into a good slave who will fit right in to the soul sucking corporate machine we call "the job market".

Your post leads me to believe you are a fairly intelligent person because you are upset by what you're experiencing...
you may want to read
the " The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America" by Charlotte Iserbyt. She's no crackpot, actually she is a former school board director and senior policy analyst for the U.S. Department of Education.

Click here to download the book in .pdf format

InvisibleClean
the lense
Male User Gallery

Re: The Fascism of Public Learning Establishments [Re: Clean]
    #5988990 - 08/23/06 09:25 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Despite what all the well-intentioned paper pushes at the lower levels of school administration like to believe about their jobs, the agenda for U.S. education is set from the top down by those who control the money, and these people do not have our best interest in mind because they consider us to be fools of inferior genetic stock.

The people at the top of the education heirarchy are there because they will go along with whatever the money power tells them to go along with. If you research the history of the U.S. education you'll find unsavory characters associated with the Skull and Bones cult funding and laying the foundation for what we have today.

InvisibleCorporal Kielbasa

#5988992 - 08/23/06 09:26 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

You either learn to fall in or you fall out. The ones that can fall in and learn how to digest and regergetate the rhetoric for verbatim get rewards.

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: The Fascism of Public Learning Establishments [Re: Corporal Kielbasa]
    #5989086 - 08/23/06 10:11 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

ID's around your necks you say?? That's total horseshit. Are the students going to comply?

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Offlinewilshire
free radical
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE PA
    #5989100 - 08/23/06 10:16 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

some of the administrators at the middle school i went to thought the same policies were a good idea, and we all had to live with it for about a year. there must be some book out there about how to run a secure, sterile, politically correct public school that they're all reading from. they wanted to introduce uniforms too but that was deemed too radical.

after a year, they realized that enforcing the ID thing was taking up too much time and energy, no one was willing to enforce the "no touching" rule and parents were complaining. saturday detention is a normal thing and has been for a while. haven't you ever seen the breakfast club?

the problem with public schools is that they are ultimately run by school boards, which tend to attract the biggest loons of society.

my advice to you is to break the new rules and encourage others to do so, especially the 'no PDA's' rule. the ID thing, in our post-columbine, post-9/11 paranoid world, has some support from people as a security measure, but banning displays of affection just sounds orwellian.

--------------------

Offlineezsefix
Steve
Male
Loc: The United States of Emba...
Re: The Fascism of Public Learning Establishments [Re: wilshire]
    #5989112 - 08/23/06 10:20 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I would definately not comply with the ID tags around the neck, and would encourage others to do the same. That is horseshit

--------------------
I am a fictional character

OfflineFades_to_Black
Sexaholic
Female

Re: The Fascism of Public Learning Establishments [Re: TODAY]
    #5989122 - 08/23/06 10:22 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, the students are complying forthwith. It's total bull. Fucking sheep.

--------------------
With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know. - Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

~*Krysta*~

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: The Fascism of Public Learning Establishments [Re: ezsefix]
    #5989125 - 08/23/06 10:23 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

i was eventually kicked out of a school for this sort of shit.

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

OfflineFades_to_Black
Sexaholic
Female

Re: The Fascism of Public Learning Establishments [Re: wilshire]
    #5989128 - 08/23/06 10:25 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

We're planning a protest...gay and lesbian cou0ples kissing in the office.  :smile:

--------------------

~*Krysta*~

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #5989140 - 08/23/06 10:28 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

...AND not wearing their ID tags AND being tardy for class at the same time :wink:

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#5989142 - 08/23/06 10:29 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

LSD in the faculties drinks........................

well not really.

It's hard not to think that they are teaching kids to accept living in prisons when you look at this shit coupled with various documentaries and theories and the obvious erosion of liberties juxtaposed with the ever rising prison populations and existing (but not used?) concentration camps.

you kids need to revolt since you still have all the vigor and hormones and such.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Offlineezsefix
Steve
Male
Loc: The United States of Emba...
Re: The Fascism of Public Learning Establishments [Re: leery11]
    #5989143 - 08/23/06 10:32 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Haha.  Fuck that!  People should be fucking in the halls! :wink:

--------------------
I am a fictional character

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #5989151 - 08/23/06 10:35 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

leery11 said:
LSD in the faculties drinks........................

well not really.

It's hard not to think that they are teaching kids to accept living in prisons when you look at this shit coupled with various documentaries and theories and the obvious erosion of liberties juxtaposed with the ever rising prison populations and existing (but not used?) concentration camps.

you kids need to revolt since you still have all the vigor and hormones and such.

Word. If I ever have kids they're getting home schooled.

--------------------

Offlinewilshire
free radical
Male User Gallery

Loc: SE PA
    #5989235 - 08/23/06 10:59 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

think about where the administration is coming from on this. with all the lawsuits flying around today, ID tags are just a way to cover their asses. if an intruder comes into the school and something happens, parents could sue the school saying it was negligent in enforcing security. remember that you are dealing with a building compelely full of people's kids, and parents are proven to be insane when it comes to the safety of their children.

the adminstrators and parents want you to go to school in an environment that is completely safe and sanitized. it should be a completely secure, predictable environment where everyone is safe and no one's feelings get hurt. safety is really their most important concern. it's important that no one ever get hurt, physically or emotionally (see this story: http://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/08/08/parenting.protecting.ap/index.html) it's bullshit, i know, but this is a massive cultural tide and there's not much you can do about that. there's less of it in college but it's unfortunately still there even after you're an adult and paying to be there.

choose your battles. the ID thing comes from a real concern and it's not a huge invasion of your freedom to wear an ID for 30 hours of your week, for less than half the year, for a few years of your life. people in sensitive or official jobs wear ID's every day for their entire career. detentions are a normal thing and probably always will be. the no PDA's thing is just nonsense political correctness crap on the same level as that CNN story i linked to. definitely fight that one.

--------------------

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: The Fascism of Public Learning Establishments [Re: Dark_Star]
    #5989237 - 08/23/06 10:59 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

http://infowars.com/articles/bb/tagging_us_school_kids.htm
Quote:

“Tagging” U.S. Schoolchildren

New American | December 14, 2004

Houston’s Spring Independent School District “is equipping 28,000 students with ID badges containing computer chips that are read when the students get on and off school buses,” reported the November 17 New York Times. “The information is fed automatically by wireless phone to the police and school administrators.” Police can monitor children from the time they leave home to their arrival on campus.

“In a variation of the concept, a Phoenix school district in November is starting a project using fingerprint technology to track when and where students get on and off buses,” continues the Times. “Last year, a charter school in Buffalo began automating attendance counts with computerized ID badges — one of the earliest examples of what educators said could become a wider trend.”

That trend has been referred to as “tagging” schoolchildren, supposedly as a measure to prevent child abductions. The favored method involves radio frequency identification (RFID) computer chip technology “similar to that used to track livestock and pallets of retail shipments.”

Understandably, many older students object to the technology. “It’s too Big Brother for me,” complained 15-year-old Kenneth Haines. “Something about the school wanting to know the exact place and time makes me feel kind of like an animal.”

Misgivings of that sort are not likely to abate as the RFID technology becomes more widespread — and invasive. Some advocates of the RFID tagging technology, notes the Times, “see broader possibilities, such as implanting RFID tags under the skin of children to avoid problems with lost or forgotten tags. More immediately, they said, they could see using the technology to track whether students attend individual classes.”

--------------------

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......

InvisibleaNeway2sayHooray
Cresley Wusher
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Orphic Trench
    #5989250 - 08/23/06 11:03 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Jesus christ.When will the madness end.

--------------------
Mad_Larkin said:  Death is just a thang.
:clementine:
MrJellineck said:  Profits, prophets. That's all you jews think about.
sheekle said: life is drugs... and music... and cat... :snowman:

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#5989271 - 08/23/06 11:11 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

when we demand it to.

i.e. not likely to.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder