Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetonyperez420
Shaman Rasta

Black contam, Green contam, different jars but same syringe
    #5920354 - 07/31/06 11:02 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

In the month of july I inoculated almost 200 1/2 gallon jars

I had ONLY 2 contams

For some reason, they were both from an Argentina syringe. What is very interesting is that I made a special note about the Argentina syringe.... Before I unscrewed the top of the syringe to stick the needle on, I shook the hell out of the syringe... but I didnt see any spores... when I unscrewed the top... all of the spores were stuck together all the way on the top/tip of the syringe... I quickly screwed the needle on and shook the syringe...

This incident with my argentina strain was unique, so I figure that the point of contam was made when all the spores were stuck on the tip of the syringe, right before I screwed on the needle... please do keep in mind that all work was done under a FH, and I have a pretty impeccable innoculating tek

Whats even MORE interesting is that I got 2 different kinds of contams... One was black (which I recall reading is most dangerous) and was all the way on the bottom of the jar.... the other was green and was located in the top of the jar. I PC'ed for 30 mins at 15 psi and discarded.....

I am interested in everybody's input!!!

What I am most curious is...

has this ever happened to anyone else?
what can be the cause of 2 different contams on this one syringe?
does the spores getting stuck at the tip of syringe have anything to do with it?!?!

thanks a bunch

Edited by tonyperez420 (07/31/06 11:04 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinetonyperez420
Shaman Rasta

Re: Black contam, Green contam, different jars but same syringe [Re: tonyperez420]
    #5983637 - 08/21/06 11:33 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

?

Offlinesoulsizzle
nobody f**kswith The Jesus

Re: Black contam, Green contam, different jars but same syringe [Re: tonyperez420]
    #5986204 - 08/22/06 09:37 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

It is very possible for the spores of two different contams to be present.  Consider this.  Mushroom spores and contam spores can both be present, so why not two contams?  Additionally, I don't think the spores being stuck at the tip had much to do with it.  It's hard to pinpoint exactly when the contams would have been introduced.  I'd say 2/200 1/2 gallon jars being contaminated isn't a big deal. :smile:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract