Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinephaust
Stranger
Male

Loc: Toronto, ON
Hyped but Curious
    #5985524 - 08/22/06 02:22 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I'm a very cautious person, and so have read most of the content on this site, as well as the external links.

Basically, I have some questions that require general answers.

1) What could I expect the price to be for a first-time trip (.5 or however many grams). Nothing specific, just say "between $5-20 or $50-80", as an example.

2) My girlfriend is going to be my "helper" through this and we will do the whole thing in her basement at night. She's obviously concerned about what she should do if I begin shaking/freaking out... showing signs I need to go to a doctor. Also, she believes I may try to cause harm to myself, to her, or trash everything in a state of trippy insanity. Such symptoms shouldn't occur with a small beginner's dose, right?

Anyway, I'd really like to know that with these preparations in place, and me being aware of the control I have over my body and mind, and having a guide, am I prepared for this experience? It's definitely something I want to discover in my lifetime. Maybe even more than once, depending.

Any guidance is accepted.

PS - Sometimes as a joke I freak my girfriend out about seeing a dead girl ghost or some kind of monster coming out of the laundry room in the basement. Will this sort of thing come back as a dreadful hallucination when I am shrooming? Is the possibility enhanced if I keep worrying about it?

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblekorins
Antisocialite

Re: Hyped but Curious [Re: phaust]
    #5985670 - 08/22/06 03:27 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

You seem like a pretty smart guy; it's good that you've done some research and have respect for the possibilities of the experience.  :thumbup:

I don't know if I should encourage you or discourage you from experimenting.  What concerns me is your apparantly slightly paranoid perspecitve.  I think the possbility of an uncomfortable experience is enhanced by your worries, but maybe you can't change your tendencies.  This may be exacerbated by a perhaps over-concerned girlfriend.  Even if when sober you're under control and rational, your combined fear when under the influence may be a recipe for a bad time.  :crazy:

Hoping I haven't contributed to your anxiety, I guess I would suggest considering waiting until you're more comfortable with the possibilities  and with a more experienced, laid back partner.

By the way, a small beginner's dose (perhaps around a gram of cubes) should cost less than ten bucks, if you know someone who will sell such a small amount.  More likely, you'll have to by an eighth (~3.5 grams), which will probably run you anywhere from $15-50 depending. 

Psilocybin and analogues can be considered physically non-toxic. :smile:

Good luck with whatever you decide! :thumbup:

Offlinethehandtruck
Just ahead of me

Re: Hyped but Curious [Re: korins]
    #5985715 - 08/22/06 04:01 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

An 8th is usually 30 dollars in my parts. An 8th is 3.5 grams. I've shroomed a good handful of times and quite honestly I won't want anymore. You can also eat more so maybe start out with 2 grams then eat more later if you want. Regarding the aforementioned sentence: please wait a good 1-2 hours before you decide you want more for obvious reasons.

"PS - Sometimes as a joke I freak my girfriend out about seeing a dead girl ghost or some kind of monster coming out of the laundry room in the basement. Will this sort of thing come back as a dreadful hallucination when I am shrooming? Is the possibility enhanced if I keep worrying about it? "

Not really, although your subconsious is a powerful thing. I wouldn't be suprised if you joked about it with purely malevalent intent to your gf and it endedup freaking you out...welcome to introspection and not being a dick by freaking out your gf :smile:.

You'll be fine. You'll have a bad trip if you want to. And if that happens go outside and listen to some tunes and relax. Tell your girl to remind you that you are among a loved one that means you harm and you've taken a drug that will wear off in a few hours.

Good luck. Start small.

Oh yeah, eat something light like bread or a bagel before you eat the shrooms. This will lower the naseua.

Edited by thehandtruck (08/22/06 04:02 AM)

Offlineshrooma
Did you hear therumour?
Male

Loc: Near the exit of the entr...
    #5985966 - 08/22/06 08:18 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Is the possibility enhanced if I keep worrying about it?

You hit the nail on the head there. If you're gonna do it just relax. It's will be FINE! A sure fire way around this problem is start with a small dose (.5) and work you're way up. It may be better to do it in a tea because .5 is a very low dose and still wont be too strong in a tea but also it wont last as long, incase you start feeling a bit uncomfortable.

Just set yourself up in a comfortable mood. The first replier in this thread seems to have some good advice too. :thumbup:

ENJOY  :cool:

--------------------
"[More than] half the people in federal prison are there for drug offences. We're arresting half a million people a year for possessing marijuana. We're locking up kids sometimes for life for their first drug offence. We have no room in our prisons for rapists and child molesters and murderers cause we're filling them up with these non violent drug offenders." - Steven Duke, Yale Law School on 'Hooked: Illegal Drugs and How They Got That Way'
-

Offlinephaust
Stranger
Male

Re: Hyped but Curious [Re: korins]
    #5986158 - 08/22/06 11:21 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

korins said:

Wisdom

I'm sure you're right about the paranoia. And at first I was kind of freaked out when I thought about Mushrooms or any other kind of hallucinogen, but the more I learn about it the more I discover that it is a completely modifiable experience. What I mean is, it will be bad if I want it to be.

I think my girfriend is worrying about effects that would happen with a higher level dose. If I start out with something really tiny just to get a handle and learn to relax during THAT trip, I can more comfortably try a dosage that is a little higher.

OfflineWasteland
Elektromeister!
Male User Gallery

Loc: A pathetic small town in ...
    #5986396 - 08/22/06 01:02 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

2) My girlfriend is going to be my "helper" through this and we will do the whole thing in her basement at night. She's obviously concerned about what she should do if I begin shaking/freaking out... showing signs I need to go to a doctor. Also, she believes I may try to cause harm to myself, to her, or trash everything in a state of trippy insanity. Such symptoms shouldn't occur with a small beginner's dose, right?

Just remember when you think about drugs, even with your persective distorted and your thoughts altered, it's still you and your thoughts that determine exactly what the trip is going to be like.

--------------------
The Mad Shroomer said:
People are always promising the apocalypse. They never deliver. :frown:

Offlinelittledonny
Stranger
Re: Hyped but Curious *DELETED* [Re: phaust]
    #5986409 - 08/22/06 01:08 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by littledonny

Reason for deletion: nr

Offlineincogntio
disappearingthrough thesmoke rings ofmy mind

Loc: Canada
Re: Hyped but Curious [Re: littledonny]
    #5986440 - 08/22/06 01:23 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I've done shrooms twice, once with 2g and once with 3.5. I recomend 2g as a first time dose to most people, but if your really paranoid I guess a smaller dose would be better, like 1 or 1.5g. I really can't see anyone having a bad trip at .5g, I couldn't have even imagined it while I was on the 2g. When I took the 3.5g I was a bit anxious about the size of the dose, and I started having a bad dose, but then I said to myself; I'm with my best friends, I have no reason to be scared, I just took an assload of shrooms and i'm going to fucking well enjoy it. It worked :laugh:

EDIT: for the nausea, just don't eat much or anything before the triip. with my 2g trip I felt no nausea at all but a fasted for the day, except for a mars bar, with the 3.5g trip I got stoned before hand and had tones of munshies, that was a bad idea, and my stomach felt uneasy but that went away after I took a dump. I don't agree with the poster above me that you will inevitibly throw up, but I guess it effects everyone differently.

Edited by incogntio (08/22/06 01:29 PM)

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: Hyped but Curious [Re: incogntio]
    #5986574 - 08/22/06 02:14 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Edited by StickyWater (05/03/08 04:05 AM)

Offlinephaust
Stranger
Male

#5991179 - 08/24/06 12:32 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

**UPDATE**

So I've ordered 1 gram for about 10 dollars. I was supposed to get it right away but the person I was getting it from was out. So I am getting it eventually, and am still a little aprehensive, but mostly I'm just feeling REALLY excited about trying it.

I decided for a first dose to take half a gram. If I can handle the experience, I would take a nibble more, but not the entire second half (or maybe I should). I

Can anyone tell me what I can expect from half a gram, and if i take most of the second half, will I be alright?

What chance is there that I may experience a bad trip with a dose of this size?

Offlineapfrommsp
Just a box ofrain

#5991221 - 08/24/06 12:45 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

all i know is that you sohuldnt worry about hallucinating a dead girl or anything, mushroom visuals realy aint like that....sounds like somethin more from benadryl

--------------------
"It's a joke. Greed and the desire to take drugs are two separate things. If you want to separate the two, the thing you do is make drugs legal. Accept the reality that people do want to change their consciousness, and make an effort to make safer, healthier drugs."

InvisibleDHJH
Lurker

Loc: On a mountain
    #5991352 - 08/24/06 01:39 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

If it was me, I would do more than a gram, first time or not. For my first time I did end up doing more than I should of, but it gave me an idea the power the shrooms have, and it was a hell of a trip. It had its good parts and bad parts, but in the end I made it out just fine and it was an overall good experience. Like you, I did my research on them. I don't want you to have a bad experience by any means, I just feel like since you are so apprehensive but at the same time excited, at least 2 grams would be better. I would hate for you to eat a tiny bit of shrooms and come out disappointed that nothing happened.

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: Hyped but Curious [Re: DHJH]
    #5991367 - 08/24/06 01:45 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Edited by StickyWater (05/03/08 04:03 AM)

OfflineXanthas
Blaspheme,blaspheyou, Blaspheverybody

#5991392 - 08/24/06 01:55 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Take at least a gram the first time. Half a gram is virtually nothing, and the mushroom's true nature really won't be anything close to visible to you at such a dose.

If I may recommend something: Disguise the mushroom taste in something. Grind them up, mix them in chocolate, peanut butter, whatever, but my first time, the experience of eating something that horrid tasting with that evil of a texture likely make my come up significantly more unpleasant.

Also: Before/after eating, play some video games/watch a movie/do something similar that you can really get involved in, to somewhat forget the mushroom experience. Not quite possible, I know, but I find doing something really fun for the come up helps to bring on a wonderful euphoria that always starts my trips off right, as well as removing virtually all come up anxiety.

Final word: Have blankets/extra clothing with you. It'll likely be needed, and even if not, there's nothing like being wrapped in a warm blanket.

--------------------
If you don't ask the question, you always get it wrong.

Edited by Xanthas (08/24/06 01:58 AM)

Offlinephaust
Stranger
Male

Re: Hyped but Curious [Re: Xanthas]
    #5991421 - 08/24/06 02:14 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

If i take a bit more than half, maybe 0.6 or 0.7, and decide 2 hours later that if things are too mild to take the rest, will the experience become twice as intense?

Also, I don't know what kind of mushroom it is, for a level 1 trip some mushrooms require eating less than others because they're way stronger.

I'm now tripping with another friend so it'll be 2 first time trippers and one sober person to supervise, we're all close friends. My trip partner wants to make it a tea, but will that make the shrooms act more powerfully?

So should I worry about that? Should I take a picture here and post it before I eat it? :P

OfflineXanthas
Blaspheme,blaspheyou, Blaspheverybody

#5991526 - 08/24/06 03:14 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

If you take .7 and then two hours later take .3, you're not really going to intensify it much. Maybe a little, but it'll more prolong the peak.

Making tea will likely make the peak very slightly stronger, with a very slight trade off in trip duration.

It's quite unlikely that you got anything but cubes. Posting a pic may help, but I know very little about IDing them, so can't say for sure if someone can or can't ID dried shrooms.

Really, you should be fine with a gram, if you're anything close to psychologically stable.

Oh, and one more piece of advice: If you're physically uncomfortable and have no reason why sometime during the trip (not sure if this will even apply for such a low dose) try removing a blanket/your shirt/whatever. If that fails, ask your sober friend why you're uncomfortable. Your sitter may notice something you don't. (This should only really apply, I think, if you're really sensitive to shrooms.(If you are, you're damned lucky))

I'm not entirely sure if my advice will be needed on one gram, the lowest I've ever taken was a little more then an eighth spread out over 3 hours

--------------------
If you don't ask the question, you always get it wrong.

InvisibleDHJH
Lurker

Loc: On a mountain
    #5991530 - 08/24/06 03:16 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Don't take this the wrong way, but you seem too nervous to even do them. You should be willing to increase your dose by more than 0.1 or 0.2 grams without any worry. A lot of good advice has been given in this thread, but none of us can make you ready to do them. You are going to be somewhat nervous no matter how long you wait to do them.

The excitement I see from you shows that you will end up liking the experience. Shrooms are powerful and forgiving. They will take you for a ride that you will never forget. On you way back, you will be left in awe no matter how the trip goes. I'm really excited for you and hope that you report back once you decide to do them. Muster up the courage to take at least 2 grams, then get to learning to cultivate!

Offlinephungi
BullshitDetector

Loc: Canada (not really)
    #5991812 - 08/24/06 07:49 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Fuckin A, thats alot of advise. Heres mine.

Mellow out! 2.5 grams=perfect dose.....psilocybe cubensis=nontoxic

Less expectations, just go with it. Your thinking to hard.

Last bit of advise. If you are very young your probably not ready. So just don't do it. Entheogens are not a toy!

With Perfect Love,

Phungi

--------------------
"Don't Steal. The government hates competition!!"

Offlinephaust
Stranger
Male

Re: Hyped but Curious [Re: phungi]
    #5992237 - 08/24/06 12:43 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I'm 18, though I've never done anything else besides drink. Most others who've tried shrooms have at least smoked weed before.

I'll just put the whole gram in my tea.

InvisibleHank, FTW
Looking for the Answer

#5992309 - 08/24/06 01:10 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Honestly, from someone who has done shrooms 40+ times, you need to forget what you may have been told about them. Go into it expecting a learning experience. You will be able to control yourself fine on 1 gram.

My first time I took 3.5, I admit it was intense, but I really enjoyed it. Just know, you will not need a doctor, no matter what you may think, unless the mushrooms are bad or something.

I now prefer to do 5 grams alone, and 2.5 in social settings. 5 grams is very intense, but I love it, I can always control myself, and I have very spiritual trips.

My highest dose was 10.5 grams, which was stupid, I came home drunk from the bars and decided I was ready for it. I don't regret it, but I will not being doing that much for a very long time, if ever.

My advice, relax...I can control myself on high doses of shrooms WAY more than when I am really drunk, or even just drunk. If you've been pretty drunk before, 1 gram of shrooms will be a cake walk compared to that, in terms of self control.

I suggest you trip alone, if your only doing 1 gram, or with someone who is doing them with you.

--------------------
Capliberty:

"I'll blow the hinges off your freakin doors with my trips, level 5 been there, I personally like x, bud, acid and shroom oj, altogether, do that combination, and you'll meet some morbid figures, lol
Hell yeah I push the limits and hell yeah thats fucking cool, dope, bad ass and all that, I'm not changing shit, I'm cutting to to the chase and giving u shroom experience report. Real trippers aren't afraid to go beyond there comfort zone "

:rofl:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience