Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleSeeker604
Male User Gallery

Registered: 11/30/20
Posts: 331
Loc: United States Flag
Re: Which shroom gives you the nicest trip [Re: Hyebrid] * 2
    #28150636 - 01/21/23 01:44 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Before I was getting treatment for my anxiety issues, all cubes put me into harsh panics. Anything over 2g dried would set off my anxiety and thought loops that were very uncomfortable. Back when I first started growing my own cubensis (1999-2002), I only had Golden Teachers, Mazatapecs, and PES Hawaiian. All three were very good for visuals, but the Mazzies were my favorite in that regard. The Mazzies also gave a very warm/enjoyable body buzz.

Flash forward to 2018 when I decided to start growing my own cubes again - I only tripped on LSD in the time between, but sparingly - I still had prints of my GTs and MZs, but I never made prints from the Hawaiians. So I put both strains to agar and isolated two nice clones from each variety. Now that I've been on a successful treatment for my anxiety issues, I've had nothing but pleasurable cubensis experiences; most recently the 1g Albino Penis Envy trip I took last weekend.

I should also point out the importance of set and setting with all psychedelics, but especially with psilocybin/psilocin. Mushrooms always take me inward to the psyche - whereas at times LSD didn't - and I've gravitated towards the mushroom experience since it's organic and not synthetic, and by growing them I'm assured of the safety of what I'm ingesting. That said, I ordered spores for Thai Koh Samui and Entheogenic Explosion for my next two grows (I use unmodded monotubs using Bod's tek from 2017). I've always preferred spiritual/contemplative trips with good visuals over a strong body buzz or speedy type trip...and Hawk's data on KSSS has always been a "must try" variety for me. I realize the EE variety is relatively new since around 2015, and if I had to guess I bet it's just a revert or sub-variety of Mazatapecs based on their phenotypical expression and trip reports...but I'll have first hand knowledge of that by this summer. I plan on trying the EEs on my birthday in June.

To try and quantify the good aspects of each strain I've dosed, I'll also share the trip threshold level of those experiences as the stronger you go, the more aspects of the trip change (and these are all subjective):

Mazatapecs/Mazatecs: 
1st ever trip was on 3g dried. The trip report still exists under my old screen name of Boppity604 called "Mazatapec Magic" - it was a social trip with friends; amazing visuals; great body buzz; time cessation and periods of infinity; very good for music.

Highest dose on MAZs was 7g dried. I was not yet dealing with my anxiety issues in a healthy way when I was younger, and decided to explore a high dose trip to see if it would help - but the trip itself was very difficult because being young to tripping, I didn't learn how to "let go" and allow for full ego dissolution, so this particular trip was heavy on the come up. I saw spirits/shadows in the walls of the apartment, lights were flashing colors even though they were just regular bulbs; I got violently nauseous on this much mush at once; but after the initial hell rush through the anxiety portion of the trip, it settled into a very introspective plateau where I dissolved into the pure "clear light" of ego loss. That night I found forgiveness for my childhood abuser, and I was able to find love for that person for the first time in my life (I was 25 at the time of that experience).

Best effects consistent with MAZs are the closed eye visuals, body buzz, and spiritual nature of the mind's contemplations.

Golden Teachers:
Before anxiety treatment, these babies always put me into a state of fear and panic. But now that I'm on Lexapro, GTs are my go-to favorite variety of cubensis, and I always have at least one jar of dried GTs on hand. If I'm working on meditation/spiritual work, I enjoy btw 3-5g dried, but for socializing or working on music I take 2g dried. GTs give me a very nice sense of mental calmness and stoicism - especially at higher doses. I've not experienced full ego loss on the doses I've taken with them, but I'm sure the separation they induce in higher doses would be pleasurable (at least to me). I don't get as good of visuals on them as I did on Mazatecs, but they still provide nice CEVs - just not as much open eye distortions like color enhancements but some 3D visual field waves do occur on GTs for me.

PES Hawaiians:
I only ever tripped on this strain once and it was 3.5g dried. It was a social dose with friends at a Goa party and it was a great strain for energy and dancing under the stars. Not very introspective at that dose, but a strong Level 2-3 experience and very visual with eyes open. I liked how social this strain made me - I usually am very shy around strangers, but that night I was Mr. Introductions.  LOL I wish I could have made/kept a print of that grow, but I'm glad I had the experience. They were very pretty and large caps at maturity, too.

Albino Penis Envy:
I've only had one experience so far with this strain as I just grew it for the first time this year and had my first dose last weekend. Based on all the hype about them, I chose to try my first journey with them at 1g - but took it in two half-gram doses; three hours apart. Since I have a current trip report written about it I won't go into details, but I will say I do believe the fact that I'm on Lexapro negated their more potent nature and hit me like normal cubes do. Next weekend I plan on trying a 2g dried dose up front and see where they take me. Since I no longer work with agar, I don't plan on swabbing or trying to collect spores...I just wanted to see what this novel variety had to offer. I will say they're the most mutant looking variety of cubes I've encountered, but they're also very cool/fun to grow.  :smile: I will say that even at just 1g, they produced a Level 2 experience during my peak, which was shocking at the weight of the dose.

Peace & Light,

Seeker604

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHyebrid
Resident Falconer
Male User Gallery


Registered: 11/28/22
Posts: 333
Loc: Mars
Last seen: 4 months, 28 days
Re: Which shroom gives you the nicest trip [Re: Seeker604]
    #28150742 - 01/21/23 02:55 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Seeker604 said:
Before I was getting treatment for my anxiety issues, all cubes put me into harsh panics. Anything over 2g dried would set off my anxiety and thought loops that were very uncomfortable. Back when I first started growing my own cubensis (1999-2002), I only had Golden Teachers, Mazatapecs, and PES Hawaiian. All three were very good for visuals, but the Mazzies were my favorite in that regard. The Mazzies also gave a very warm/enjoyable body buzz.

Flash forward to 2018 when I decided to start growing my own cubes again - I only tripped on LSD in the time between, but sparingly - I still had prints of my GTs and MZs, but I never made prints from the Hawaiians. So I put both strains to agar and isolated two nice clones from each variety. Now that I've been on a successful treatment for my anxiety issues, I've had nothing but pleasurable cubensis experiences; most recently the 1g Albino Penis Envy trip I took last weekend.

I should also point out the importance of set and setting with all psychedelics, but especially with psilocybin/psilocin. Mushrooms always take me inward to the psyche - whereas at times LSD didn't - and I've gravitated towards the mushroom experience since it's organic and not synthetic, and by growing them I'm assured of the safety of what I'm ingesting. That said, I ordered spores for Thai Koh Samui and Entheogenic Explosion for my next two grows (I use unmodded monotubs using Bod's tek from 2017). I've always preferred spiritual/contemplative trips with good visuals over a strong body buzz or speedy type trip...and Hawk's data on KSSS has always been a "must try" variety for me. I realize the EE variety is relatively new since around 2015, and if I had to guess I bet it's just a revert or sub-variety of Mazatapecs based on their phenotypical expression and trip reports...but I'll have first hand knowledge of that by this summer. I plan on trying the EEs on my birthday in June.

To try and quantify the good aspects of each strain I've dosed, I'll also share the trip threshold level of those experiences as the stronger you go, the more aspects of the trip change (and these are all subjective):

Mazatapecs/Mazatecs: 
1st ever trip was on 3g dried. The trip report still exists under my old screen name of Boppity604 called "Mazatapec Magic" - it was a social trip with friends; amazing visuals; great body buzz; time cessation and periods of infinity; very good for music.

Highest dose on MAZs was 7g dried. I was not yet dealing with my anxiety issues in a healthy way when I was younger, and decided to explore a high dose trip to see if it would help - but the trip itself was very difficult because being young to tripping, I didn't learn how to "let go" and allow for full ego dissolution, so this particular trip was heavy on the come up. I saw spirits/shadows in the walls of the apartment, lights were flashing colors even though they were just regular bulbs; I got violently nauseous on this much mush at once; but after the initial hell rush through the anxiety portion of the trip, it settled into a very introspective plateau where I dissolved into the pure "clear light" of ego loss. That night I found forgiveness for my childhood abuser, and I was able to find love for that person for the first time in my life (I was 25 at the time of that experience).

Best effects consistent with MAZs are the closed eye visuals, body buzz, and spiritual nature of the mind's contemplations.

Golden Teachers:
Before anxiety treatment, these babies always put me into a state of fear and panic. But now that I'm on Lexapro, GTs are my go-to favorite variety of cubensis, and I always have at least one jar of dried GTs on hand. If I'm working on meditation/spiritual work, I enjoy btw 3-5g dried, but for socializing or working on music I take 2g dried. GTs give me a very nice sense of mental calmness and stoicism - especially at higher doses. I've not experienced full ego loss on the doses I've taken with them, but I'm sure the separation they induce in higher doses would be pleasurable (at least to me). I don't get as good of visuals on them as I did on Mazatecs, but they still provide nice CEVs - just not as much open eye distortions like color enhancements but some 3D visual field waves do occur on GTs for me.

PES Hawaiians:
I only ever tripped on this strain once and it was 3.5g dried. It was a social dose with friends at a Goa party and it was a great strain for energy and dancing under the stars. Not very introspective at that dose, but a strong Level 2-3 experience and very visual with eyes open. I liked how social this strain made me - I usually am very shy around strangers, but that night I was Mr. Introductions.  LOL I wish I could have made/kept a print of that grow, but I'm glad I had the experience. They were very pretty and large caps at maturity, too.

Albino Penis Envy:
I've only had one experience so far with this strain as I just grew it for the first time this year and had my first dose last weekend. Based on all the hype about them, I chose to try my first journey with them at 1g - but took it in two half-gram doses; three hours apart. Since I have a current trip report written about it I won't go into details, but I will say I do believe the fact that I'm on Lexapro negated their more potent nature and hit me like normal cubes do. Next weekend I plan on trying a 2g dried dose up front and see where they take me. Since I no longer work with agar, I don't plan on swabbing or trying to collect spores...I just wanted to see what this novel variety had to offer. I will say they're the most mutant looking variety of cubes I've encountered, but they're also very cool/fun to grow.  :smile: I will say that even at just 1g, they produced a Level 2 experience during my peak, which was shocking at the weight of the dose.

Peace & Light,

Seeker604




I really enjoy your writeups and their level of detail. You are very in tune with your experience which to me would indicate experience and practice in regard to presence and remembrance.  I look forward to seeing a 2+ gram APE writeup from you as I remember your experience at 1 gram came up a little short of its hype.

I am currently flowering Koh Samui Super Strain and Acadian Coast (just started pinning) in Mateja's water tub tek and have some APE and Blue Meanies (Cubensis) in agar.


--------------------


๐Ÿ†ƒ๐Ÿ…ด๐Ÿ…ฐ๐Ÿ…ผ ๐Ÿ…ถ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ…ฐ๐Ÿ…ต๐Ÿ†ƒ๐Ÿ…ธ๐Ÿ…ฝ๐Ÿ…ถ ๐Ÿ†ƒ๐Ÿ…ฐ๐Ÿ…ฟ๐Ÿ…ด
HyEbrid's Curated List of Valuable Links

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSeeker604
Male User Gallery

Registered: 11/30/20
Posts: 331
Loc: United States Flag
Re: Which shroom gives you the nicest trip [Re: Hyebrid] * 2
    #28150793 - 01/21/23 04:00 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Hyebrid said:
I really enjoy your writeups and their level of detail. You are very in tune with your experience which to me would indicate experience and practice in regard to presence and remembrance.  I look forward to seeing a 2+ gram APE writeup from you as I remember your experience at 1 gram came up a little short of its hype.




Thanks friend! I've been meditating and tripping with intent for 30 years now; moreso on the meditation side of practice but I did have a 4-year love affair with LSD in my late 20s (I'm 49 now). In the past I was worried about posting too often here for security reasons, but I know how to protect myself these days.  :smile:

I'll definitely ping you once the report is up. I always wait a minimum of 2 weeks between trips to let the grey matter reboot and let any tolerance fade.

I'm really excited to try Koh Samui and the Entheogenic Explosion this year. I typically reserve my trips for the solstices, equinoxes, and my birthday.  :smile:

If you're journaling your grows here let me know, I'll follow along!

Peace & Light,

Seeker604

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHyebrid
Resident Falconer
Male User Gallery


Registered: 11/28/22
Posts: 333
Loc: Mars
Last seen: 4 months, 28 days
Re: Which shroom gives you the nicest trip [Re: Seeker604]
    #28169431 - 02/02/23 04:23 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Seeker604 said:

I'm really excited to try Koh Samui and the Entheogenic Explosion this year. I typically reserve my trips for the solstices, equinoxes, and my birthday.  :smile:

If you're journaling your grows here let me know, I'll follow along!

Peace & Light,

Seeker604




Check out the link in my signature: "The MexiKoh Project"

Looking forward to your follow ups.


--------------------


๐Ÿ†ƒ๐Ÿ…ด๐Ÿ…ฐ๐Ÿ…ผ ๐Ÿ…ถ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ…ฐ๐Ÿ…ต๐Ÿ†ƒ๐Ÿ…ธ๐Ÿ…ฝ๐Ÿ…ถ ๐Ÿ†ƒ๐Ÿ…ฐ๐Ÿ…ฟ๐Ÿ…ด
HyEbrid's Curated List of Valuable Links

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSky High
Male User Gallery

Registered: 10/26/10
Posts: 50
Last seen: 5 days, 22 hours
Re: Which shroom gives you the nicest trip [Re: Hyebrid] * 1
    #28171167 - 02/03/23 06:24 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

I've personally had my best trips when taking B+. It's my 'ol reliable!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNeurotech
Stranger

Registered: 05/05/20
Posts: 680
Last seen: 4 hours, 51 minutes
Re: Which shroom gives you the nicest trip [Re: Sky High]
    #28175013 - 02/06/23 03:22 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Interesting. A lot of people have reduced or even no effect when taking SSRI's.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSeeker604
Male User Gallery


Registered: 11/30/20
Posts: 331
Loc: United States
Re: Which shroom gives you the nicest trip [Re: Neurotech] * 1
    #28175030 - 02/06/23 03:42 PM (1 year, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Neurotech said:
Interesting. A lot of people have reduced or even no effect when taking SSRI's.




Yeah, it definitely reduces the effects for me but itโ€™s still enjoyable. Iโ€™m actually in the process of weening off the Lexy as my treatment period is over (plus I developed some of the classic side effects last year and Iโ€™m tired of them).

Iโ€™m planning on taking my Koh Samui squats on the spring equinox as Iโ€™ll be fully free of the Lexy by then. Iโ€™ll be writing reports of all my first trips on strains and species Iโ€™ve never tried before.

Peace & Light,

Seeker604

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco All-in-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* shroom chocolate trip report aguynameddan 1,721 1 02/01/03 03:55 AM
by forevadazin
* Trip Report: Nice level three trip on some homegrown buddatwo 1,812 7 06/25/03 01:12 PM
by LOBO
* Complete Trip Tip Field Guide Swami 3,961 10 03/17/02 06:23 PM
by CynicalMagician
* Tripping with a questionable friend: advice requested.
( 1 2 3 all )
Seeka 8,123 41 11/05/19 01:11 AM
by Shr00mEater
* Universal mushroom trip day... whaddya think?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Dogomush 13,033 70 03/20/20 01:21 PM
by Ferdinando
* What to tell yourself if going into bad trip?
( 1 2 all )
The_Clash_UK 9,062 27 09/28/02 08:46 AM
by psylo33o
* Tripping alone is dangerous!
( 1 2 all )
BlowMiNose 7,910 25 01/22/12 03:03 PM
by Shroomopotamus
* DXM and shrooms?? Cheshire 1,802 3 05/28/01 06:28 AM
by Disc0rd

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie
5,657 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2024 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 14 queries.