Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Is tomorrow Doomsday? article from ABC, intreting read
    #5983723 - 08/21/06 12:11 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

interesting artile, tomorrow is one of the high holy days on the islamic calendar.....
and apparently Iran's announcement to stop its nuclear program was planned for, and delivered today......

i would not be toooo supprised, if IRAN tested a nuke tomorrow...

http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2006/08/is_tomorrow_doo.html

Quote:

Is Tomorrow Doomsday?

August 21, 2006 12:52 PM

Asa Eslocker Reports:

Ap_august06_060821_nrWhile no extra safeguards are in place, U.S. law enforcement are not ignoring the possible significance of tomorrow's date, August 22, a date that marks an important historic event on the Islamic calendar.

Internet websites have been full of speculation that it could be a target date for terrorists in commemoration of the return of the 12th imam, a supposed day of reckoning for Shiites.

August 22 was rumored by intelligence experts to be a possible date that the London plotters would blow-up passenger planes headed towards the United States, though it is not known if the suspects were Shiite extremists.

This year, August 22 marks the holy day on the Islamic calendar that is the day of reckoning for Shiites. Some Shiite sects believe that August 22 could correspond to the end of the world. And just today, after much hype, Iran has announced that it will continue to develop its nuclear program. To followers of Iranian President Ahmadinejad, this is a well-timed affront to Israel, the United States and the world. The United Nations had given Iran until the end of the month to respond, but Ahmadinejad had made it clear to all Iranians and the world that he intended to respond on the eve of August 22.

Whether or not this announcement is the end of Ahmadinejad's plans for August 22, one expert says we will have to wait and watch.

"The only thing we can know is that the date was not chosen by accident," said Robert Spencer, Director of Jihadwatch.org and an adjunct fellow at the Free Congress Foundation, a conservative think tank. "It does seem very likely, very probable, that he has something major in mind, whether only a major announcement or a major attack, we will soon see."

ยป Click here for Brian Ross & Investigative Team's Homepage

August 21, 2006 |

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: Is tomorrow Doomsday? article from ABC, intreting read [Re: ZippoZ]
    #5983726 - 08/21/06 12:12 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

also when you coupple this with alex jones ( www.infowars.com ) prediction of a staged terror attack on the usa in 2 months time...... this gets interesting.

--------------------
PEACE

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

#5983829 - 08/21/06 01:01 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

:shiftyeyes:

--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
    #5983837 - 08/21/06 01:07 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I wonder if the Arab world gets scared around Christmas/Easter time...

--------------------

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Re: Is tomorrow Doomsday? article from ABC, intreting read [Re: Organic]
    #5983840 - 08/21/06 01:08 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

not really, i wouldnt imagine so, we have a long standing tradition of not fighting on holy days, i.e. christmas truce and so on...

--------------------
PEACE

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

Re: Is tomorrow Doomsday? article from ABC, intreting read [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #5983864 - 08/21/06 01:27 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

^^^

When has there ever been a time when our military took a break during holy days?

--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

OfflineOrganic
Lloyd

Loc: Overlook
    #5983871 - 08/21/06 01:30 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Somehow I can imagine a version of this story, from Arab Broadcasting Company (ABC) invoking fear of the day commemorating the "Rise of Jesus" by linking it to an actually innocuous correlation...

--------------------

OfflineSDP
ChronicAficionado
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Is tomorrow Doomsday? article from ABC, intreting read [Re: Organic]
    #5983887 - 08/21/06 01:39 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Sounds scary... i hope Iran doesnt fuck things up for everyone....

--------------------
Teonanacatl, open up my eyes
This sacrament, this prayer, beyond the world of lies
Guide me clearly through that which I dont understand
Give me strength to find the path
Help me fight any demons as you flow through me wholely
This is my prayer, that you protect me from evil, and bring me closer to peace
And open up my eyes, so i can see things as you do
Amen

OfflineBooby
Agent Mulder
 User Gallery
Re: the Islamic anti-Christ [Re: ZippoZ]
    #5984043 - 08/21/06 03:02 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

http://www.iranian.ws/iran_news/publish/article_15612.shtml

"...There will be a thick fingernail-like object in his left eye."

Like an eye-patch?

--------------------
Let it not be remembered
That mycelium eats detritus and dies
But that life in all it's glory
Counts mycelium to be on it's side.

Jump to top Pages: 1