Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offline_JJ_
PsychedelicRevolutionary
Loc: NSW, Australia
*felt like i was going to die*
    #596848 - 04/02/02 05:27 PM (22 years, 16 hours ago)

Okay I had the *most* intense experience last night - and it sucked hard! I dosed on 3g syrian rue + 3g shrooms and so did another friend of mine. For the first 2 or 3 hours I noticed I was far more active than he was.. (might have something to do with it?) but anyway I started to feel sick and I just couldn't make myself vomit. I kinda had this fear that I'd choke on my vomit or something... anyway the nausea got worse and worse and I got more and more worried. I started to feel hot flushes and I was sweating profusely.. I started to feel faint - my vision was very vague and cloudy - lot's of bright WHITE. It reminded me of what happened to me about 2 months ago when I ate a looooot of weed with some shrooms (BAD IDEA!).. but anyway I was in agony for about 2 hours.. I felt that if I let go of my awareness that I would die. It was very hard to hold on, the minutes would pass like hours, I kept moving incessantly to keep my mind in the moment. I mustve made so many weird noises to try to calm myself.
Anyhow. It sucked. Anyone experience anything like this? Any reason behind this? Is this like a shroom OD or something?

Cheers!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecxz
enthusiast
Re: *felt like i was going to die* [Re: _JJ_]
    #596871 - 04/02/02 05:50 PM (22 years, 16 hours ago)

What else did you eat the day? I hear you need to clean your internal organs before eating syrian rue and other things that bring on a stronger trip. Trip inhibitors can often react badly with normal food.

You could have eaten a poisonous mushroom accidently picked with the rest, or maybe the substrate the mushrooms were grown on was contaminated.

Edited by cxz (04/02/02 05:53 PM)

Offlineflaw
enthusiast
Re: *felt like i was going to die* [Re: cxz]
    #597031 - 04/02/02 08:30 PM (22 years, 13 hours ago)

You really put yourself at risk eating the wrong diet with any MAOI like syrian rue. I would say more than likely you did not follow the specific instructions that you must follow dosing syrian rue or any MAOI and you paid the price.

Anyway, without knowing for sure whether you've been naughty I would say this would be the most likely cause of it.

Offline_JJ_
PsychedelicRevolutionary
Re: *felt like i was going to die* [Re: flaw]
    #597380 - 04/03/02 06:47 AM (22 years, 3 hours ago)

I ate nothing the whole day except for some (a very small amount) wedges about an hour before the trip. I forgot to add that I was almost paralysed - walking any more than a short distance would fill my vision up with white and I would have collapsed had I not sat down.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #597667 - 04/03/02 01:21 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

3 G of rue + shrooms is a heavy trip in anybody's book. Have you tried this combo before?

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Invisiblethor_ak
Mr.
Male

Loc: USA
Re: *felt like i was going to die* [Re: Swami]
    #597979 - 04/03/02 08:35 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I've had the similar effects just takeing a high dose of shrooms alone. I ate about an 1/8 and a 1/2. I got hot flashes, I thought I was going to pass out.. Felt like I was going to die, water helped alot. I kept going through intense flashes, and then it would mellow out, and it kept doing that for awhile.. then I started being able to control it.. I feel for you man, it sucked..

Peace
Thor_ak

"God didn't do that to us, You did it! Your a fucking narcotics agent!"

--------------------
"A smart man learns from his mistakes. A wise man, learns from the mistakes of others. A woman, makes you pay for these mistakes."

Offlinetriptamine
Navagator
Loc: SW
    #598048 - 04/03/02 10:03 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I know of someone who did 5g strong mushrooms and 2 grams rue. Thought he was a bug for a few hours. Lots of screaming and loss of control. Proceed with caution for sure!

Jason

Offline_JJ_
PsychedelicRevolutionary
    #598267 - 04/04/02 03:33 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Swami: I've never done a high dose like that before. The most I'd done was about 3.6grams. Maybe I outdid myself hey.. Do you think it could've been brought on by my mind - as in I was so worried about myself that I made myself even worse?

thor_ak: Ya it was like that for a while - it would come and go - but then it got MAJOR bad. For two hours straight I was lying there in total agony. Only 3.75grams? Gee.. I thought this type of thing was only in the high-dose realm... Any other notable info about the trip? Was it cubensis?

triptamine:
Hmm.. It wasn't like that. I just thought I was gonna die.. and I was very weak and felt faint. I was there and in control but my body wouldn't respond properly - it's like I was in a state of paralysis.

InvisibleHermes_br
~~~
 User Gallery

#598313 - 04/04/02 05:32 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

i guess dosing it with syrian rue you would be doubling the potency.

Edited by Hermes_br (12/12/04 05:43 AM)

OfflineCACA
veteran
    #598316 - 04/04/02 05:42 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

That kinda sounds like an anxiety attack.

--------------------
"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." John 15:5

Offline_JJ_
PsychedelicRevolutionary
Re: *felt like i was going to die* [Re: Hermes_br]
    #598411 - 04/04/02 08:49 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Hermes_br:
I was replying to thor_ak who said he got the same thing when he dosed on 3.75grams.. no mention of a syrian rue from him..
I dosed on the mazatapec strain.

CACA: It does sound a lot like an anxiety attack actually... now that I've read up on them. Maybe that's all it was... scary as fuck though.

OfflineFliquid
Back from being gone.
Male User Gallery

Loc: omotive
    #598440 - 04/04/02 09:15 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Hi JJ

A greater thing was happening.
You should have sat down and try to relax. Then you would have had a fantastic experience. But you were trying to hold it back. When you should have given in to it.

If it happens again keep this in mind.

--------------------
:dancing: My latest music! :yesnod:

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #598451 - 04/04/02 09:31 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

There is a popular misconception about set and setting as promotoed by Leary, et al. Oh, set and setting definitely matter, but take a high enough dose of any major psychedelic and one may have a freak-out no matter their mindset. The drug can trigger the flight or fight response. As neither is appropriate, the tripper gets increasingly anxious not knowing how to direct his energy until it moves into a full-blown panic.

The only way out is total relaxation which goes against your primary survival instinct, hence tremendous internal conflict. Also the ego may be so shocked that it tries to get a fingerhold on normal reality, but is unable to and is swept away in a tide of fear.

The difference between recreational tripping and a heroic dose is like surfing 3 foot shore break in California, then going out into 25 footers in Hawaii with tremendous rip currents.

Be careful out there!

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineSurf Bum
    #598469 - 04/04/02 09:48 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

JJ did you have intense headaches afterwards? i had a high dose do what you are explaining, but i had an intense headache that was killing me, i took some tylenol and drank alot of water and had a sandwich and tried to relax and slowly subsided but didn't go away until i went to sleep, it was not good at all, i didn't combine them with anything other then a little pot, it was almost like a heatstroke when you can't see anything but white splotches and you can't walk, it was definetly not a good experience

--------------------

OfflineRoger_irrelevant
War's boring,change thechannel!

#598781 - 04/04/02 03:35 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Thats a very fitting analogy swami!
JJ I feel for ya. My second time with this combo (a few weeks back) was so crazy...I'm putting together a trip report right now, I just can't believe how it hit me!?!

--------------------
We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams...

InvisibleHermes_br
~~~
 User Gallery

Re: *felt like i was going to die* [Re: Roger_irrelevant]
    #599410 - 04/05/02 08:10 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Hi,
perhaps this combo is not for everyone, i've never done it.

_JJ_ : thanks for the feedback.

Swami : I fully agree !

OfflineCACA
veteran
Re: *felt like i was going to die* [Re: Hermes_br]
    #599423 - 04/05/02 08:32 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

It is true that there is a certain *too much* to anything, but, more than anything, I think the next time I trip will be in the morning, because that is when I feel my mind and body are at their peak and are not bothered by intensities. I myself have suffered from one anxiety attack and have gotten myself out of every other one that ensued because it is such a horrible experience. Its a feeling of not wanting to be bothered but being bothered very much and more than you ever thought you could be, simply. I'm going to try taking a xanax next time if I don't trip in the morning, because it makes a person more submissive and not-breaking-one's-own-neck watching and being bothered and poked by the fragments and pieces of information pass by. What may also help this alot is being around people, because it takes your mind off of itself a bit. It is also of mindset. I wasn't able to smoke weed for a long time because I couldn't handle it. Six months later I'm almost blacking out smoking chronic and I'm not panicking. Its really easy to just say it its all in the mind, but when you feel yourself going from an extreme to another and beyond what you thought you could go beyond, even if you yourself set it all up, you know what it means to change and you learn more about timing, love, the project of understanding to understand [to wherever you end for lack of interest- or whatever other reason]. Now someone help me out: what does having dreams about tripping mean? I have been thinking alot about tripping and wanting to lately. Could my wanting to trip turn into tripping dreams? They were pretty intense dreams.

--------------------
"I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing." John 15:5

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags