Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
does evolution lead to the restriction of evolution?
    #5982654 - 08/20/06 11:05 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I tried to summarize in the topic name, but I feel I failed. But here it goes.

It seems evident to me that our "civilized" society has evolved, technologically atleast, to the point where we can prevent a large percentage of deaths previously labelled as natural selection..

but that isn't my point....

I like to think of evolution as stages, and I am speaking of a macro evolution, including society, technology and physiology. You have the hunter-gatherer stage, standardized regional language etc...
From the beginning og mankind up til now, I feel we have been purely focused on the present in regards to evolution, constantly trying to survive NOW. I feel we have reached a point where immediate and 100% focus upon survival of human kind/civilization is needed.... and that the next "phase" of evolution comes when a civilization begins to seriously place equal weight on future "betterment" as present survival... where we cease to struggle to just stay alive.

Now someone would probably be shot if they publicly announced a "need" to cease cancer treatment, pre-natal surgical procedures and such... mainly because our society has yet evolved to the point of making decisions regarding "right" and "wrong" as the greatest good for the greatest amount of people for the greatest time.
I think a serious drop in population would fit this criteria... but it doesn't fit our current criteria of the greatest amount of good for the greatest amount of people NOW.

I will elaborate more if intrest is shown or someone calls me an idiot. Not that I am the first, or this is some heavy shit, but I hope that some people get what I am saying....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineictoasnrnsigwt
Weirder
Re: does evolution lead to the restriction of evolution? [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #5982683 - 08/20/06 11:18 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Do you mean to say we shouldn't treat diseases in order to evolve immunities because even with treating them I think we will still evolve immunities to them. I could be off on your subject I kept zoning in and out while reading.

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: does evolution lead to the restriction of evolution? [Re: ictoasnrnsigwt]
    #5982964 - 08/21/06 02:18 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

no, that was merely an example... probably not the best one, but the focus of my post was about forethought in regards to our physical and technological evolution, and how our society is lacking in comparison.

Our society, or better yet, the way our society acts/reacts/thinks is far more underdeveloped when compared to our physical and technological advancements... and we are at a point where society is holding back technological and possibly physical evolution.

Offlinesoulcircus
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: does evolution lead to the restriction of evolution? *DELETED* [Re: SneezingPenis]
    #5983131 - 08/21/06 06:44 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Post deleted by soulcircus

Reason for deletion: .

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: does evolution lead to the restriction of evolution? [Re: soulcircus]
    #5983281 - 08/21/06 08:26 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Interesting thoughts. It seems you are not addressing one simple idea, but a few related concepts, so you are setting us up for some interesting, involved discussion here. :thumbup:

I think that we will reach a point at which we will not be able to beneficially survive in the now without the foresight and awareness that will ensure we will continue to survive deeper into the future. It seems that there is such a point, and that, perhaps, it is not too far off.

We are more or less aware of ourselves and our individual situation, but I think that, at this point, we will all become conscious of our entire situation as a society. To establish a specific example, I work in retail, and I perceive the store as a system of processes that are performed in order for the success of the system as a whole. These operations are they way they relate to each other are of a cyclical nature. I have played a lot of roles within the store, spanning all shifts. The more I understand exactly why a specific task is performed, and how it effects the organization as a whole, how it effects the other tasks that are carried out by others, the more I perform the task in a manner that most effectively benefits the other tasks.

I think that the more awareness is promoted, the more individuals will understand themselves, and, subsequently, the far-reaching consequences of their thoughts, attitudes, and behaviors. This will naturally effect the operation of society as a whole.

At some point, it will be necessary for the system to become self-aware, or else the system will not be capable of sustaining itself any further. Perhaps society will become a conscious singularity, just as single-celled organisms formed relationships with other single-celled organisms, and specialized tasks in order to more effectively survive, together? :wink:

To return to my previous example, I have witnessed what occurs when individuals within a specific shift are not entirely aware of how their actions, the manner in which they perform their tasks, effect the store as a whole. Individuals and groups begin working agansit each other, the store is not in harmony, and it is either a spiral up or down - the more effort one exerts to address opportunitites that threaten the health of the organization, the less effort is being exerted furthering the success of the organization - the effort that created the opportunity is wasting time and energy, and the individual who has to address the opportunity is unable to apply that energy elsewhere.

Understanding, awareness, consciousness, is the only solution. :mushroom2:

:earth: :sun: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #5983289 - 08/21/06 08:29 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

"Some even evolve, by devolution.."
-Unknown :p

Invisiblekake
The answer to1984 is 1776.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The 66th harmonic
    #5983695 - 08/21/06 11:56 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I don't think our evolution is going to restrict itself. The three tiers you mention - society, technology, and physiology - are all affected by one another but not necessarily dependent on one another. ( I think spirituality might get a spot in there as well, but that could be fit into physiology I suppose since I think our biological evolution will tie in directly with our spiritual evolution.)

In other words, we might fall behind temporarily as society but I think the other tiers will force the slow-poke to catch up eventually.

Think of the tiers as separate points on this elastic band, moving horizontally across time, like a wave. One point gets caught on a snag... and as time moves on and the other points continue forward, the elasticity increases and eventually breaks the snag.

So the only thing stopping evolution is the destruction of life itself.

--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale