Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineBooby
Agent Mulder
 User Gallery
Re: Psychedelic dilemma [Re: Quoiyaien]
    #5963840 - 08/14/06 07:31 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Who subsidizes monastic Zen retreats? Is it a private collection that respect the laws of the retreat owner? Are there abuses such as Do as I say not as I do?

--------------------
Let it not be remembered
That mycelium eats detritus and dies
But that life in all it's glory
Counts mycelium to be on it's side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineQuoiyaien
><<<<0>>>><
Male User Gallery

Re: Psychedelic dilemma [Re: Booby]
    #5964313 - 08/14/06 09:46 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Booby said:

Quote:

Quoiyaien said:
Here I am, on acid again...  I really odnt know why I am posting her but this is where my mousebuttin seamed to lead me.  Can you do to much acid?  I only took one hit (incredibly potent), but I am referring to frequency of trips.  Every 3 or 4 days now it seems, is this bad?  Oh well, whatever, I totally forgot the main reason I came here, but ill try and wing it.  Fuck it I dont remember..

Have you tried the meditation experiment on shrooms? Was there a difference?

(ooops!) replied to wrong post :crazy:

Where did you find that quote of mine?  I looked but I just cant remember when I posted that.  You mind pm'ing me the link? 

I havent had the chance to try the experiment with shrooms as the opportunity hasnt arisen yet. 

:heart: Peace :heart:

:hippie:

Edited by Quoiyaien (08/14/06 10:00 PM)

OfflineBooby
Agent Mulder
 User Gallery
    #5965248 - 08/15/06 05:06 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
Let it not be remembered
That mycelium eats detritus and dies
But that life in all it's glory
Counts mycelium to be on it's side.

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #5965277 - 08/15/06 05:47 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Lama Anagarika Govinda - a man whose work I based my doctoral dissertation on and whom I corresponded with briefly - wrote an intro to Leary et al. The Psychedelic Experience. Elsewhere he said that even his 10 hour meditations didn't really reveal to him what LSD revealed to him. He went on to write other fabulous books. If psychedelics are regarded as mere intoxicants then classic forms of Buddhism rejects them. Buddha is often shown holding a 'medicine bowl.' I like to think that it holds "Moksha Medicine" in the form of psychedelics.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Psychedelic dilemma [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #5965297 - 08/15/06 06:16 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I have always compared psychedelic use for spiritual advancement to an unknown short cut when driving. Although the short cut might shorten the time required, the path is less known and it is easy to get lost. One starts out using psychedelics for spiritual advancement, but can easily loose their way and end up using spiritual advancement as an excuse to continue using psychedelics. To me, this is the danger of the short cut (psychedelic use).

I have only taken LSD a couple of times, and it has changed my life more than any single experience I can remember, other than an abusive teacher I had in elementary school. I wouldn't claim that psychedelics brought me enlightenment, but they certainly opened my mind to experience that transcends duality. I went from a hardcore atheist to the embodiment of faith in the blink of an eye.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #5966336 - 08/15/06 02:40 PM (17 years, 8 months ago)

If you can't trust yourself and your own inner wisdom then you should follow whoever and whatever.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineQuoiyaien
><<<<0>>>><
Male User Gallery

Re: Psychedelic dilemma [Re: Icelander]
    #5979535 - 08/19/06 08:04 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
If you can't trust yourself and your own inner wisdom...

You just shattered my mirror!  :laugh:

Thank you for that. 

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
    #5979600 - 08/19/06 08:23 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Sometimes I am thinking that from a nondualist state there must be some breakthrough materials which are like the experience of wholeness. I mean the Divine will shine through since all is one.

I mean without certain chemical reactions I never would have considered the path believable enough to start. I was a monk for a year and it was great for meditataion.

What is ordination? Do you mean taking refuge? You don't have to take all five vows automatically.

--------------------
...or something

OfflineQuoiyaien
><<<<0>>>><
Male User Gallery

#5979691 - 08/19/06 08:45 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I figured it out!  The reason I am having so much difficulty with this is because I am thinking either drugs or no drugs, lumping all drugs into the same category.  I smoke pot everyday, and for some reason I have it in my head that if I stop toking, I have to quit psychedelics.  I realized now that this makes no sense.  I have to quit, plain and simple.  I cant effectively sit when stoned as I find it clouds things over too much, making everything seem dull.  Also, it is very difficult to work on my dreaming practices when I go to bed stoned.  Less pot, more sitting! 

I don't think I am ready to enter into the monastery yet.  I am still receiving teachings, and I still get to study under a great master, so I see no rush.  The path of least resistance leads directly to the way of the entheogen, and I seem to be less willing to give up psychedelics, than I am willing to enter the monastery.  That was easy.  It only took a year to figure it out :lol: 

I still would like to move into a monastery, but right now it just doesnt feel right.  I am going to sit as much as possible, and attend every possible sesshin that I can, while "supplementing" my practice with monthly doses of Psychedelics.  This feels like a great decision.  Its like the whole universe just relaxed a little  :smile:

I'm gonna go smoke some Salvia!

EDIT: I just got an email from my teacher, and he said that cutting out pot would be enough to apply as a formal student. This is great fucking news as he is cool with my continuing to take psychedelics.  He is going to moniter my practice extra closely, and if he sees my practice getting twisted, he will advise me to stop.  It now seems clear as hell that pot is the problem, not the hallucinogens.  Oh happy day! 

Edited by Quoiyaien (08/19/06 08:56 PM)

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #5980463 - 08/19/06 11:39 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Hey...if it's any consolation...I was gonna enter a Catholic monastery! That was something I seriously struggled with for some 3 years. I met monks, had an invitation to the Trappists (Cistercians) in Colorado, Franciscans, Cappucians.
One day, I woke up and the burden was lifted. What was I thinking? I love women and I do not love authority.

Hey, today I listened to Gregorian chants in my study while reading a tome on Gnosticism. Florida sunshine streamed in through four stained-glass panels. Tibetan incensed fragranced the whole house. My Lady worked in another room. I was free to read, contemplate, enjoy Saturday without obligation. I made the right decision - 30 years ago.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #5980628 - 08/20/06 12:58 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Its great to hear that you have realized what you wish to do with yourself, pertaining to that decision! :thumbup: It is also interesting to read the decision that your teacher made. :wink:

It sounds like everything worked itself out. It seems as though you have an opportunity to demonstrate that occasional psychadelic usage is not a detriment to one's path, and he seems clearly interested in observing your practice to discover this.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it before, but the second time I dosed the mandala acid, I had the psychadelic experience. I could not begin to describe it, and have made a conscious decision to not elaborate any further about it with anyone but my girlfriend (who shared the experience sober), as it is incredibly personal, and transcended any traditional view of reality (but was confirmed by her). I am very thankful for the opportunity. :thumbup:

:earth: :sun: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflineQuoiyaien
><<<<0>>>><
Male User Gallery

Re: Psychedelic dilemma [Re: fireworks_god]
    #5980639 - 08/20/06 01:02 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

:japsmile:

OfflineQuoiyaien
><<<<0>>>><
Male User Gallery

Re: Psychedelic dilemma [Re: fireworks_god]
    #5981148 - 08/20/06 10:42 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:

I'm not sure if I mentioned it before, but the second time I dosed the mandala acid, I had the psychadelic experience.

:earth: :sun: :headbang: :satansmoking:
Peace. :mushroom2:

Welcome to the other side.  Quite the experience, no?  :grin:

Edited by Quoiyaien (08/20/06 11:29 AM)

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
    #5981221 - 08/20/06 11:26 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Often the choice to force ourselves into a system -any system- is an egoic, and not an enlightened decision. I read a quote this morning that the difficulties on our path are not bad, but they force us to accept our limitations as students, that is, the realization of our imperfections, so we do not develop a 'deva complex.' That is, so we do not think we are more perfect than we actually are. It is easy, when we are not confronting our difficulties to think that we are more evolved than we are. So these difficulties are the true touchstones for our ego to recognize that we do need to follow a path. Thus neccessitating true humility and not some artificial state of assumed perfection.

--------------------
...or something

Offlinecapliberty
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Psychedelic dilemma [Re: eve69]
    #5981881 - 08/20/06 04:42 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

If you can get acid, don't quit dude, their is so many that would like to be in your shoes, acid is a rarity in my parts, zen teachers and teachers holding sessions of obsure arts are dime a dozen,

its like the bros over the hoes type thing, you want to be real, and go with the bros, but you know the fun is in the hoes, and the bros will always be their, so pick the acid ho

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder