Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleOgla
 User Gallery

wow! dark syrignes germinate alot faster then the light ones.
    #5972764 - 08/17/06 12:46 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I made several syringes the other day with several spore prints that i had collected. Anyways, got carried away on two of them and made them so dark that they clumped up so bad. Now, just 3 days later, the jars that were injected with dark syringes are have freshly germinated while i think i can expect another 2 or 3 days before the jars injected with light syringes will start growing. I guess Dark syringes do make a difference.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesmurfyshmu
It gets crazy
 User Gallery

Re: wow! dark syrignes germinate alot faster then the light ones. [Re: Ogla]
    #5972822 - 08/17/06 01:08 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I might have to disagree. To a certain degree quite possibly, yet I ordered a syringe of Pink Buffalo that was completely clear and it showed signs of visable germination within two days. I think how sterile and how you prepared the substrate might have more to do with it. . .but that could be me

This is day two after inoculation.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: wow! dark syrignes germinate alot faster then the light ones. [Re: smurfyshmu]
    #5973244 - 08/17/06 03:30 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

It doesn't make them germinate one second sooner. It just causes such a mass of mycelium you SEE it sooner. It's a horrible idea by the way because your mycelium spends needless energy combining cells(anastomosis) in order to become a single organism. You're much better off using a minimum of spores. Dark syringes or the over use of spores is also a good way to get contaminants. Remember, more mushroom spores also means more contaminant spores that hitch hike along for the ride. Since it takes longer for all those strains that germinate to combine, it gives the contaminants a better chance of getting the upper hand.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinesoulsizzle
nobody f**kswith The Jesus

Re: wow! dark syrignes germinate alot faster then the light ones. [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #5976005 - 08/18/06 02:16 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
It doesn't make them germinate one second sooner. It just causes such a mass of mycelium you SEE it sooner. It's a horrible idea by the way because your mycelium spends needless energy combining cells(anastomosis) in order to become a single organism. You're much better off using a minimum of spores. Dark syringes or the over use of spores is also a good way to get contaminants. Remember, more mushroom spores also means more contaminant spores that hitch hike along for the ride. Since it takes longer for all those strains that germinate to combine, it gives the contaminants a better chance of getting the upper hand.
RR

I've always steared clear of dark syringes based on the advice of others, but I've was never exactly sure why. Thanks for the info.

--------------------

Invisiblecreamcorn
mad scientist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: wow! dark syrignes germinate alot faster then the light ones. [Re: soulsizzle]
    #5976081 - 08/18/06 02:44 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

freshness also plays a role... if you just recently made the prints then that helps too :thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures