Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineroykinn
enthusiast

Dextrose mycelium water question....
    #595640 - 04/01/02 02:59 PM (22 years, 1 day ago)

I've got a large bag of Corn Sugar(dextrose), plenty of spores, and of course water, but only a microwave... Now last time I tried to make dextrose water I used the microwave to sterilize the dextrose water, of which I put on maybe 7 minutes high, I then waited 2 hours for it to cool, the innoculated through syran wrap. After a few weeks all I had to show for it was some little bit of fuzzy stuff, a tiny bit, I threw a chunk of colonized rye on it when i had given up and it seemed to grow out a little bit. from what I've heard it should be swarming with mycelium at two weeks, my questions for you are:

I have to microwave sterilize, who has done this and knows how?

what is the shortest amount of time I can sterilize, I think the dextrose might have carmalized from the heat and that's why the spores didnt germinate.

How big of a jar can i do this in?

How much corn sugar should be used, how much water?

I'm not sure if this belongs in advanced, in some ways it does, but I doubt many advanced cultivators use microwaves for sterilization purposes, thanks for the replies though-

roy

--------------------
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline- It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nunclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -Frank Zappa

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineroykinn
enthusiast

Re: Dextrose mycelium water question.... [Re: roykinn]
    #596604 - 04/02/02 01:58 PM (22 years, 19 hours ago)

bump bump

c'mon guys :smile:

--------------------
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline- It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nunclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." -Frank Zappa

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #597543 - 04/03/02 11:11 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I used Karo Corn Syrup and got incredibly slow-growing mycelium. It was about 3 weeks before I could see any mycelium. It worked as an innoculant. Faster than spores, but much slower than doing a grain-to-grain transfer.

I had even less success with honey. May be time to try a better medium.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Offlinesuzie_girl
journeyman
Loc: The Proud and Ignorant So...
    #597619 - 04/03/02 12:28 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

I'm conducting an experiment with Splenda sweetener. It has some weird carbohydrate that the human body can't digest. So far, it seems to be outpacing my Karo syrup jar! I'll let you know (it's been less than a week).

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale