Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
Western philosophy and Chinese philosophy
    #5974468 - 08/17/06 11:35 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I'm not going to intricately delve into this, since I want to keep this short and sweet.

But..

I've come to see the way Western medicine is a reflection upon our society. People want results NOW. I want this NOW. This cancer is cut out ALL OF A SUDDEN(not a bad thing). but you see what I mean.

Then Chinese philosophy is that everything should be in harmony with everything else. If you have a cold, you take care of the imbalance in your health and induce the irregular levels back to normal.

We're so impatient that we have little time to adjust to brand spankin' new stimuli whereas the chinese were masters of harmony.

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: Western philosophy and Chinese philosophy [Re: Cracka_X]
    #5975121 - 08/18/06 04:56 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

The Chinese viewed the world as an organism of which they were an inseperable part. While as a civilization the ancient Chinese were far from perfect or utopian, it is safe to say that their potential for planet-annhilating impact was not very great.

The dominant paradigm in the west views the world as a machine of a design inferior to that of man's own intelligence and creativity. What's problematic about the western paradigm is that it is a geno-centred perspective which, once acted upon, compounds upon itself continuously. By imposing on the natural world, discordance arises in our relationship with it, and we attempt to repair this by further imposing on the natural world with greater and greater sophistication of technique and technology. Any effort carried out from the point of view of conventional western understanding adds another layer of discordance atop all those that have existed since popular civilization embraced this mode of thinking. This can only lead to total chaos, such as what's seen all around the world right now, today.

The only way out of this mess is for our society to become immediately aware of the intricacy and far-reaching implications of the problem. In my opinion, this is going to require the appearance of some sort of tremendous, disasterous, culiminating consequence which threatens the continuation of the species. For this we're right on schedule.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
Re: Western philosophy and Chinese philosophy [Re: Ped]
    #5975130 - 08/18/06 05:14 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Ped said:
The Chinese viewed the world as an organism of which they were an inseperable part. While as a civilization the ancient Chinese were far from perfect or utopian, it is safe to say that their potential for planet-annhilating impact was not very great.

The dominant paradigm in the west views the world as a machine of a design inferior to that of man's own intelligence and creativity. What's problematic about the western paradigm is that it is a geno-centred perspective which, once acted upon, compounds upon itself continuously. By imposing on the natural world, discordance arises in our relationship with it, and we attempt to repair this by further imposing on the natural world with greater and greater sophistication of technique and technology. Any effort carried out from the point of view of conventional western understanding adds another layer of discordance atop all those that have existed since popular civilization embraced this mode of thinking. This can only lead to total chaos, such as what's seen all around the world right now, today.

The only way out of this mess is for our society to become immediately aware of the intricacy and far-reaching implications of the problem. In my opinion, this is going to require the appearance of some sort of tremendous, disasterous, culiminating consequence which threatens the continuation of the species. For this we're right on schedule.

I like that..

For the last paragraph, I say the same thing to my friends and they say it's horrible of me but, in reality, the world seems to need this reboot.

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order