Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemonolith4
Stranger

Salvia- Keep getting same trip!
    #4573950 - 08/24/05 05:20 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

I recently bought some 20x extract after along break from using it.
The only thing that I find slightly dissapointing is that everytime I have tried it I will never get visuals really,maybe somethings will look a little bigger/smaller. But I know this isn't because I haven't "broken through" because I would take a huge bong hit of 20x and be completely out of it,I have no recollection of who I am what this world is, and feel like i'm beeing watched by someone everytime.
( like someone observing my reaction and I'm confused what to do since it feels like i've just been put into this body)

I've tripped 5-6 times on salvia (all alone) and the trip is always pretty much the same except from my thoughts.
I just get the exact same feeling, after exhaling the smoke I will feel the effect wash over me in waves, becoming stronger ( this is a weird body stone, with mental effects increasing) and I'm just thinking " oh my god. why did I chose to come back here?")
Sometimes I will feel as though I have just blacked out after smoking and I'm straight into that same old BEWILDERING mental/body trip.

I know I'm smoking enough, so why don't I ever get major visuals?
Could it be that my brain just won't react that way to salvia ever?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemonolith4
Stranger

Re: Salvia- Keep getting same trip! [Re: monolith4]
    #4573954 - 08/24/05 05:26 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Oh yeah, and I never get these corny trips that I always hear people reporting e.g- " my friend turned into a goblin" "I was being chased by an elephant" e.t.c
I mean I hear all this ramdon shit in trip reports and it sounds like a kid made it up who had never really tried drugs!
I don't know, but I never get those cliched trips...

Offlinetheorganicdomino
Psychedelic ZenBuddhist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here & Now
    #4573972 - 08/24/05 05:50 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Be persistent, sometimes it takes quite a few times to breakthrough. You could always try upping the dosage or quidding, or quidding and then smoking some.

--------------------
"You've got to get hold of the thread of marching time, pull the fuck thing down, get on the end of it and pang yourself to the infinitude of absolute mind"
Ken Campbell - Furtive Nudist

"The mystery of life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced" - Aart van der Leeuw

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#4574342 - 08/24/05 09:59 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Use half the amount you're used to and keep your eyes closed during the effect.

it's as simple as that.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Re: Salvia- Keep getting same trip! [Re: Asante]
    #4577681 - 08/25/05 01:48 AM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Your smoking to much from the sounds of it...Level 5 and 6 on Salvia arent that great..2-3 and even 4 are nice..doesnt take much of good potent shit..just tap a tiny tiny bit into the bowl...like 1/25-1/50th of a gram. You dont need to weigh it, just tap enough out of a gram where you still have another 24+ doses the same size left...

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offline3six5
Psychenaught
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right here
Re: Salvia- Keep getting same trip! [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4581363 - 08/25/05 08:06 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

USE A TORCH!! 4 real,, a normal lighter can't heat the active chemical to its boiling/vaporing point.. use in near complete darkness too,, or complete darkness if ur setup is safe enough

--------------------

OfflineJabbawaya

#4581498 - 08/25/05 08:40 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

monolith4 said:
Oh yeah, and I never get these corny trips that I always hear people reporting e.g- " my friend turned into a goblin" "I was being chased by an elephant" e.t.c
I mean I hear all this ramdon shit in trip reports and it sounds like a kid made it up who had never really tried drugs!
I don't know, but I never get those cliched trips...

This kind of thing does happen, but most reports are a little exaggerated. Still, there is far more to salvia than most people know. It's more likely instead that you'll harmlessly turn into a couch or meld with a wall or a clock or something for several lifetimes instead of turning into an animated creature.

Once you break through on salvia your first time, you should be able to get it every time.

--------------------

OfflinePigsOnTheWing
Stranger
Re: Salvia- Keep getting same trip! [Re: Jabbawaya]
    #4581563 - 08/25/05 08:50 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

Ive broken through on salvia twice with 10x and both times were just like urs. The weird body stoned feeling followed by blacking out, forgeting my name and everything. No real visuals or anything. Might be from doing outside in broad daylight. I also think im doing too much since i cant remember hardly anything.

Invisiblelaughingdog
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Salvia- Keep getting same trip! [Re: PigsOnTheWing]
    #5970962 - 08/16/06 08:35 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

The paradox of psychedelics, seems exagerated in the case of salvia...
...What is the paradox?
As a roshi said:
"the self that wants to be enlightened,
is (the self that will be) destroyed by enlightenment".

or
"Buddhisim is not the liberation of the self,
but liberation from a self."

And yet we want an interesting trip,
maybe even one can we talk about,
perhaps one that's similar to other's trips...
or perhaps we want a trip we can learn from.
Or we hope to take multiple trips,
and compare them.
Perhaps we even loose our sense of humor,
momentarily due to the intensity of our search.

Salvia seems to really
wack us over the head for this, at times;
as it doesn't have hours to teach and heal us
like LSD, shrooms, etc.

Not sure if this is really the case...
after all DMT is short and fast,
but doesn't have such an impish personality...

your thoughts?

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

Re: Salvia- Keep getting same trip! [Re: 3six5]
    #5971237 - 08/16/06 09:39 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

3six5 said:
USE A TORCH!! 4 real,, a normal lighter can't heat the active chemical to its boiling/vaporing point..

don't take that advice.

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

Offlineunseenat17
Midnight Toker
Male

Re: Salvia- Keep getting same trip! [Re: EquilibriuM]
    #5971330 - 08/16/06 10:04 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

yes, dont. If it is burning the material...it is enough to vape the salvinorum a inside the material.

--------------------

-=Be a part of the movement=-
http://www.norml.org/
-=Support the free spore rings=-
Canada www.fsrcanada.com
Europe http://www.fsre.nl/

Offlineastraalialma
Friend
 User Gallery

Loc: Funland
Re: Salvia- Keep getting same trip! [Re: unseenat17]
    #5971911 - 08/17/06 01:52 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

yeah, and from my own experience  240'C 464'F is enought to vaporize salvinorin :smile:

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Salvia- Keep getting same trip! [Re: laughingdog]
    #5972100 - 08/17/06 04:40 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

laughingdog said:
The paradox of psychedelics, seems exagerated in the case of salvia...
...What is the paradox?
As a roshi said:
"the self that wants to be enlightened,
is (the self that will be) destroyed by enlightenment".

or
"Buddhisim is not the liberation of the self,
but liberation from a self."

And yet we want an interesting trip,
maybe even one can we talk about,
perhaps one that's similar to other's trips...
or perhaps we want a trip we can learn from.
Or we hope to take multiple trips,
and compare them.
Perhaps we even loose our sense of humor,
momentarily due to the intensity of our search.

Salvia seems to really
wack us over the head for this, at times;
as it doesn't have hours to teach and heal us
like LSD, shrooms, etc.

Not sure if this is really the case...
after all DMT is short and fast,
but doesn't have such an impish personality...

your thoughts?

agree, though often it is habit too,
as in I want to see like that again, as in
craving a kind of satisfaction derived of approaching strangeness.
in that way maybe it is a "jekyl and hyde" complex

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlineiamconfused
Happily insane since '06
Re: Salvia- Keep getting same trip! [Re: unseenat17]
    #5972110 - 08/17/06 04:56 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I've tried Salvia twice, and my experiences were (for the most part) exactly the same both times. My reality would split into a bunch of identical plains of existence, as if the world I was in was the middle page in a book and all of the other pages are mirror images. I could hear a roaring overhead, reminding me very much of a plane. Then these plains would fall away, leaving nothing but a great dark expanse. I had a distinct feeling that I would cease to exist.

My first trip was different only because I smoked more. Before my reality multiplied, I was given a tour of the room I was in (although it seemed much different at the time) followed by a reliving of various memories I had, none of which were about me. Then I was told by what I can only call the narrator of my trip that this was all basically like a reality T.V. show, and that I would never return. I began to panic, worried about everyone I knew before I had smoked the salvia. After fighting what seemed like a struggle to continue to exist, I came back to reality, with an ominous voice telling me that "you can't handle it". All the different plains of existence melded back into one, leaving me in the room I began.

The only reason I didn't experience quite that much the second time is because I smoked less than I planned on because I could tell that Salvia was taking me back to the same place. Both times I worried that nothing remained of what was out of my sight, that the rest of the world had simply vanished.

Perhaps something insightful could be gained from these experiences, but I'm inclined to say that it was a mental oddity, a thought pattern of mine that was exposed to a much greater extent than ever before by salvia. It's interesting think how drugs can reveal the strange, often times wildly differing patterns that people use to intepret the world.

OfflineQuoiyaien
><<<<0>>>><
Male User Gallery

Re: Salvia- Keep getting same trip! [Re: Asante]
    #5972223 - 08/17/06 07:34 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Use half the amount you're used to and keep your eyes closed during the effect.

it's as simple as that.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Salvia is a strange entity.  When you expect something, you get nothing.  When you want nothing... well, you get the idea. 

I found that my first few salvia trips were more disorienting than anything. No insights, no visuals, just a crazy body stone, and wierd mindfuck that wasnt really what I'd call psychedelic.  Salvia is a commitment, not a one night stand, and she will reward you if you take the time to explore her.  Keep at it man, surely what you seek is right around the corner.  Just keep in mind, that if it remains something you seek, it will forever be around the corner.  Just let it be as it is, and you will come to see the beauty in this realm of infinite complexity. 

:heart: Peace :heart:

:hippie:

OfflineQuoiyaien
><<<<0>>>><
Male User Gallery

Re: Salvia- Keep getting same trip! [Re: Quoiyaien]
    #5972225 - 08/17/06 07:36 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Oh yeah, also, I use nothing more than a glass pipe, and a bic lighter.  Works perfectly. 

Invisiblelaughingdog
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Salvia- Keep getting same trip! [Re: Quoiyaien]
    #5972788 - 08/17/06 12:56 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

<<...n I was told by what I can only call the narrator of my trip that this was all basically like a reality T.V. show, and that I would never return. I began to panic, worried about everyone I knew before I had smoked the salvia. After fighting what seemed like a struggle to continue to exist, I came back to reality, with an ominous voice telling me that "you can't handle it". All the different plains of existence melded back into one, leaving me in the room I began. >>

Yes, iamconfused
there seems to be an odd quality, of slightly sadistic mindfuck to the Salvia drug. Contrast your experience with Ketamine, for example--where reports of
"near death"/"ego loss" ,( or other forms reality bending including insanity) maybe experienced without fear, or a sense of failure.

<<... Salvia is a strange entity. When you expect something, you get nothing. ...I found that my first few salvia trips were more disorienting than anything. ...and wierd mindfuck .... Salvia is a commitment, not a one night stand, and she will reward you if you take the time to explore her. Keep at it man, surely what you seek is right around the corner. >>

Not to be too flip, but how do you Quoiyaien, 'commit', 'expecting nothing', while repeatedly enduring "mindfuck" ? Any tips? I thought perhaps mixing a very low level DXM or K (which are generally pleasurably and positive) trip, with salvia might be helpful.

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#5972906 - 08/17/06 01:40 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

salvia is very all at once.
the cynical side can seem to lurch out as easily as not.
all to the point of utter absurdity.

try not to run away, as what arises is no more motivated than a cup of water sitting on the table. also what seems to be instantaneous may have taken several minutes and the sense of it streaking through your mind and deja vu and all that derives from a distorted sense of time passing (due to stacking up of mind frames that normally fade one after another - they hang around making dimensions that are all in an instant).

quoiyen has the benefit from meditative practice which develops the habit of considering stillness as a valid form of animation, time can pass with next to nothing happenning, this makes a nice refuge or backdrop and is very rich in its own way.

if I asked you how a cup of water would behave, would you imagine lurching and spilling or would you imagine an animation with stillness.

your habits emerge and layer up
this may seem impish, but what you can expect: longer fading & stacking depending on dose and set and setting (the imp within is part of set - mind set)

add any other compound and salvia will still be salvia, your inner imp will still be an imp, and time will be screwy.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineQuoiyaien
><<<<0>>>><
Male User Gallery

#5972925 - 08/17/06 01:44 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

laughingdog said:
Not to be too flip, but  how do you Quoiyaien,  'commit', 'expecting nothing', while repeatedly enduring "mindfuck" ?  Any tips?  I thought perhaps mixing a very low level DXM or K (which are generally pleasurably  and positive) trip,  with salvia might be helpful.

By commitment, I mean just using it regularly as a tool.  The more you do it, the deeper you can seem to go.   

By expecting nothing, i mean just that.  Go in knowing that every possibility is in fact a possibility.  Even if it means its going to be the same thing as it was the last 6 times.  I find regular meditation helps with the experience as it helps you learn to surrender your ego, and just let yourself become a rectangular space elf flowing through a garden hose as water.  After you can let the experience flow, the mindfuck is no longer an issue. 

I find I face the same obstacles in Salvia land, as I do when I am sitting in Zazen.  Just in a much wierder sense. 

I dont know about mixing DXM or K with salvia, but I know that when smoked on acid or mushrooms, is makes for one hell of a journey.  The visuals take on a very plant-like quality i find. 

:heart: Peace :heart:

OfflineAmber_Glow
Sat Chit Anand

#5974008 - 08/17/06 07:17 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

That is basically what salvia is like for me.  There isn't really any time to see any fun visuals after you've been completely ripped out of reality.  :smile:

Maybe like others have said, try smoking less so you don't get completely blasted all at once, and then maybe you'd enjoy it more.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order