Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineiamyour_messiah
Stranger

Hyphal knots turn into shrooms? (Pics included)
    #5972323 - 08/17/06 08:50 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Ok so ppl are always talking about how when you see hyphal knots forming then you know you'll be getting fruits pretty soon. I've got 2 redboy casings going atm on their first flush, and the results seem pretty poor in my opinion. As opposed to my last grow these fruits are really fat and solid though, so thats a plus.

ANyway getting to the point, I've read that the first flush isn't always the nicest (although usually it is) so I'm keeping my hopes up. Ive taken some pics of the surface of the casing because there seem to be hyphal knots all over the place. I'm wanting to know if what I'm seeing really are knots, and if so, if the majority of these will turn into mushrooms later on in subsequent flushes. Also these knots are not ALL over the surface of the casing, they actually seem quite localized in colonies, if you will. Then some more scattered here and there.

On a side note, has anyone here who has grown redboy noticed that it really seem to like pinning from the side? I grew these the exact same was as my last grow and took the exact same precautions to prevent light coming in on the sides but the majority of the fruits (on the firts flush at least) are coming from the edges...

thanks in advance

Edited by iamyour_messiah (08/17/06 08:50 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemonstermitch
Growing in Bags Doesn't Work

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Arizona Bay Flag
Re: Hyphal knots turn into shrooms? (Pics included) [Re: iamyour_messiah]
    #5972385 - 08/17/06 09:57 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

hyphal knots will eventually become fruits, yes.

the side pinning has nothing at all to do with the strain.
they pin there because that is the best area for them to do so.
the conditions there are better than on the top of the casing surface.
with more practice you will get more even pinsets.

oh, and yes, those are hyphal knots and even some primordia forming.

--------------------

Offlineiamyour_messiah
Stranger

Re: Hyphal knots turn into shrooms? (Pics included) [Re: monstermitch]
    #5972557 - 08/17/06 11:23 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Sweet. Does that mean the majority of those knots I have will develop into fruits given enough time? Cause I think one of those cluster of knots contains more "to be" shrooms than I have growing on the whole casing (maybe both tegether even) at this point.

Offlinehyphae
born to grow
 User Gallery

Loc: the rain forests
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hyphal knots turn into shrooms? (Pics included) [Re: iamyour_messiah]
    #5972577 - 08/17/06 11:30 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Those are your primordia for your first few flushes, treat them well and be gentle. :wink: Yield will increase with more uniform pin sets BTW. GL

--------------------
Getting the most out of your casings!, A pinning strategy.
Oyster Shell "Flour" $2 for 1lb. a hell of a deal :wink:
Not what is overlay but rather what overlay is
Gas Exchange vs. FAE

"We all have priorities. I used a closet once setup a nice little lab trouble was all the shit that was in there ended up in the bedroom that pissed off the GF then I ended up dumping her as she was getting in the way of my sterile culture technique! Ya I got priorities too!!!"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder