Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleKingSpade
Seeker
Male

What do you like to do while solo tripping?
    #5964559 - 08/14/06 11:01 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Well on my 1st solo trip it was a low dose, taken inside my house at night. The trip went alright but since i was used to tripping with a partner it was kind of wierd. I really didn't know what to do with myself and ended up just falling asleep after about 3 hours.

Tomorrow I'm going to eat a little more than my last solo trip, but a little less than when I trip with a partner. I will have the house to myself, and have no worries of being interupted.

Well my question for the shroomery is...What sorts of things do you like to do while tripping alone at your house during the day? I don't really want to watch T.V or do anything like that. I have kind of a big yard so I was thinking about just finding a nice spot outside and pretend like i'm reading a book while i admire my surroundings. My other idea was listening to DSOTM.

Thanks ahead of time for your suggestions, and send some good vibes my way :grin: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblecreamcorn
mad scientist
Male User Gallery

Re: What do you like to do while solo tripping? [Re: KingSpade]
    #5964573 - 08/14/06 11:04 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

artwork!

oil pastels are about the most fun you can have tripping alone... lay it all out on paper and get your hands all dirty with color blending them together... they're the perfect trippers medium... second to probably clay/sculpture.  anything that doesn't require lots of tools or pieces, and colorful the better. :thumbup:

even if you're not the artsy type, try it some time... you'll surprise yourself and have an awesome keepsake.  goes good with music too... "draw" the music. :smile:

OfflineLeanin
Student of theIron Game
 User Gallery
Re: What do you like to do while solo tripping? [Re: creamcorn]
    #5964606 - 08/14/06 11:12 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I like to go fishin

Offlineshrooma
Did you hear therumour?
Male

Loc: Near the exit of the entr...
Re: What do you like to do while solo tripping? [Re: creamcorn]
    #5964630 - 08/14/06 11:16 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I have to admit all the ideas suggested so far sound good! Perhaps do all of them! And maybe arrange a walk down to a park or nature reserve with some music. If you have any pets I suggesting spending at least just a little time bonding with them. Or just go to a quiet store or shop and order something to eat if you're not tripping too hard. Don't be afraid of being around a few people (big crowds can be annoying though), they prob wont even know you're tripping. Maybe even make some trippy images in photoshop.

--------------------
"[More than] half the people in federal prison are there for drug offences. We're arresting half a million people a year for possessing marijuana. We're locking up kids sometimes for life for their first drug offence. We have no room in our prisons for rapists and child molesters and murderers cause we're filling them up with these non violent drug offenders." - Steven Duke, Yale Law School on 'Hooked: Illegal Drugs and How They Got That Way'
-

OfflineWoahtubulardude
Some Hippy Dude
Male
Re: What do you like to do while solo tripping? [Re: shrooma]
    #5964647 - 08/14/06 11:21 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I definitly agree with an art-type project. Even with friends, tripping and drawing is the best experience because you don't even know what you're drawing and when you come down its like "wow, where'd that come from", I drew a crazy drawing one time and as I drew it I started tripping into it, so its definitly a good idea.
The park idea is good too, definitly with music, just find a nice field in the sun or shade and just lay down and listen to music and look at the beauty of nature.
Have fun bro
Peace

OfflineDrCubensis
Male

Re: What do you like to do while solo tripping? [Re: Woahtubulardude]
    #5965170 - 08/15/06 03:25 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I prefer by far tripping alone: no distractions, self-confidence... I like to get my Sennheiser HD-555, good music (pink floyd, sphongle, steve vai, joe satriani, iron butterfly...) and draw. It's wonderful to get lost in your drawing :smile:.

Also I like to watch me in the mirror (can be frightening some times), lay down in the bed listening to music, watching plants, etc.

--------------------

"Ever tried. Ever failed. Never mind. Try again. Fail again. Fail better." Samuel Beckett.

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the space between reality...
Re: What do you like to do while solo tripping? [Re: DrCubensis]
    #5965175 - 08/15/06 03:33 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

chill the fuck out :smile:

Have a good think about everything, sort things out in my mind.

I've never tripped indoors really, I don't think its an appropriate setting, but outside I just like to sit and admire everything :laugh:

--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

OfflineDr_Mcgillicuddy
Stranger

Re: What do you like to do while solo tripping? [Re: Cepheus]
    #5965413 - 08/15/06 08:34 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

If you play an instrument I would say do that

OfflineBlindLemon
waves
Male

Loc: so cal
Re: What do you like to do while solo tripping? [Re: Dr_Mcgillicuddy]
    #5965638 - 08/15/06 10:30 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Last night, while on acid, and a little bit right now, I did the following:

-watched tv
-smoked weed
-drew with paint markers
-drew on my old desk(lol) but it looks good and im gonna keep it.
-played my sampler.(a sampler is a small box used to play interesting electronic music. For this event I turned off all the lights and just let the music.. do its thing to me.
-went for a walk! I love walking out side and tripping.(provided Im talking a dose one can do this on)
-Talked to a friend on the phone
-and of course, just plain listened to music.

--------------------

Im a fucking spiral..

OfflinePurpleKush
Rational Lunatic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Above The Law
    #5965659 - 08/15/06 10:38 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

i like to lay outside in a hammock and stare out into the sky and get lost in it for a while. laying on a trampoline is good too, they both make you feel like youre floating.

--------------------

:blindfury::fried::psychsplit::vaped:

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: What do you like to do while solo tripping? [Re: PurpleKush]
    #5965697 - 08/15/06 10:50 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

paint on canvas and lurch about
less clothes on is best.
music is nice.
wine and water are great.

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibleBiG_StroOnZ
Male User Gallery

Re: What do you like to do while solo tripping? [Re: redgreenvines]
    #5965962 - 08/15/06 12:13 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Read a book, while listening to a nice Playlist. If you ever heard of Milkdrop, it's a plugin for Winamp. Which basically adds a plentiful amount of visualizations. However implements a feature where you can view the moving visualization on your desktop as if it was a background.

Not mine but a good example.

This is great as, every time you look up inbetween reading you see these magnificient trippy patterns which eventually take you into the journey you were reading about. I like to make a nice 6 hour playlist of all the best classics and good trance as well. Pick a nice book, and start reading.

Keep some prerolled joints, maybe 3... one every two hours. Always have something to draw on as well, even if you don't have colors. You never know when you have an idea or picture and you might want to draw or even write it.

I like to have a couple bottle of waters also, or something tastey. Ice tea, lemonade, fruit drinks, cherry slurpees, trail mix, anything penut butter.

I had some of my best solo trips following these guidelines.

Edited by BiG_StroOnZ (08/15/06 12:15 PM)

Offlinefrisco
Stranger
Male

Loc: Switzerland
Re: What do you like to do while solo tripping? [Re: BiG_StroOnZ]
    #5966033 - 08/15/06 12:38 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

while i am tripping, i am just singing from the beginning to the end. i take my mushrooms most of the times alone, in the night and in the dark. I can sing 4 hours a night, well i stop sometimes of course.

I just sing my own song and my own melodies, it's just perfect !! i will pass through many things in a night, have a lot of visions, and my songs will "speaks" to the visions. i just like it like this. :grin:

--------------------
sorry for my english.. i'm french

Edited by frisco (08/15/06 12:39 PM)

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Loc: WA
Re: What do you like to do while solo tripping? [Re: frisco]
    #5966663 - 08/15/06 04:30 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

if i am sane enough to actually "do" anything, drawing with charcoal or using paint of some sort is the best. not only does it just feel amazing to express yourself through these tools, but you can get gritty with em and use your fingers/hands/whatever  :smile:

music of course.

some movies are good (mind fuck type ones), but I think most experienced trippers will agree that movies or TV are pretty synthetic and are a waste of precious time while trippin'.

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

Offlineshroomsynergy
Fungi Freak
Male

Loc: Andromeda
Re: What do you like to do while solo tripping? [Re: Syle]
    #5966805 - 08/15/06 05:06 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

when i solo, i like to play Ratchet and clank games on my PS2 until i get too tossed (they are unbelievably 3D and funny when your tripping), then i'll listen to good music, and do the art thing. i often like to go out and float around in the pool for a while. if it's windy or raining i'll go outside to watch nature at work.

--------------------

Offlineshaman2b
Just anotherfreethinker
 User Gallery

Loc: in my head
    #5966875 - 08/15/06 05:26 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Listen to my customized "brain candy" iPod playlist while laying in bed with my eyes closed.

Drumming. Very cool if you have some native rhythms to play along with.

Go for a walk among the trees.

Paint or draw.

When I get to a functional stage, I like to listen to or watch though-provoking material and write in my journal.

Although I prefer not to watch television, "1 Giant Leap" is a great DVD with world music and philophical discussion as to the nature of our civilization.

I'm never bored. Sometimes get a little lonely if the music invokes that mood, but all it takes is a change of input and that is solved. It took me a while to learn that...

S2b

--------------------
I am merely transcribing the thoughts of my blind buddy; none of the things I write originate with me. :wink:

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
    #5966911 - 08/15/06 05:37 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I've never done acid solo, but on mushrooms I like to lay around in my "blue room" and ponder life while drifting through different realities

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Invisiblekake
The answer to1984 is 1776.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The 66th harmonic
Re: What do you like to do while solo tripping? [Re: demiu5]
    #5968343 - 08/16/06 12:50 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

meditate, paint, listen to music, think about my entire life and where i want to take it

--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

OfflineMauiGanjaMonster
Herbal Pleasures
Male

Loc: 4 acre pot field
Re: What do you like to do while solo tripping? [Re: kake]
    #5968488 - 08/16/06 01:35 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I do anything I feel like I should do while tripping on acid or mush.

--------------------
Trodding through creation in a irie meditation.

As they walk through my garden and steal my fruit, damn devils in a three piece suit.

yeah they walk through my garden and eat my fruit damn puppets, the boys in blue.

Invisibletruekimbo2
Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: What do you like to do while solo tripping? [Re: MauiGanjaMonster]
    #5968549 - 08/16/06 02:28 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

i've never really tripped alone on psychedelics. or rather i guess i have, but i immediatly just begin to wander around aimlessly/endlessly.

i like to be around other poeple while tripping. there is nothing for me to do alone with my own thoughts.

--------------------
You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder