Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNewFungiGrower
Stranger
Couple of newbie questions
    #5961949 - 08/14/06 07:02 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I am a new grower and I love this site. I have followed the pftek closely and it is very near to me birthing my first cake. Well here are the questions:

Is dunking worth the risk with your first cake as far as contams go. I have had bad luck(2 outta 12 made it).

If so should I put hydrogen P in the water with it/how much??

How careful do I need to be about contams in the fruiting chamber(bake the perlite/ put hydro p in with water that is sprayed on it.

Should I throughly clean the fruting chamber and be extra careful??

This cake is for me and my roomates personal use, can I eat the shrooms fresh off the cake or do they need to be dried???

Sorry if some of this has been covered but I looked throughly.

Thanks for the wonderful site and support of the exciting hobby.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSDP
ChronicAficionado
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Couple of newbie questions [Re: NewFungiGrower]
    #5961987 - 08/14/06 07:47 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Colonized cakes are fairly resistant to contamination. Dunk the cake in in the fridge with plain cool water for 12 hours (overnight), then roll it in vermiculite. Set the cake in the FC and spray throughly to wet up the vermiculite. You shouldn't worry too much about contams at this point, but cleaning the FC is never a BAD idea. Eating the shrooms fresh will be more potent (they will weigh 10 times more due too water weight. 30 grams fresh = 3 grams dry). It may take longer to kick in, and last longer, and the peak will hit differently. I prefer them wet b/c of this, but some ppl prefer them dry so they hit faster, peak harder, then just come down.  :mushroom2:

Anyway, good luck buddy! Enjoy the fabulous fruits of your labor!  :thumbup: :mushroom2: :sun:

-SDP :rasta:

--------------------
Teonanacatl, open up my eyes
This sacrament, this prayer, beyond the world of lies
Guide me clearly through that which I dont understand
Give me strength to find the path
Help me fight any demons as you flow through me wholely
This is my prayer, that you protect me from evil, and bring me closer to peace
And open up my eyes, so i can see things as you do
Amen

Edited by SDP (08/14/06 07:49 AM)

Offlinefaceyneck
Legitimate Philosopher
 User Gallery

Loc: upper body area
Re: Couple of newbie questions [Re: SDP]
    #5962012 - 08/14/06 08:06 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

"Eating the shrooms fresh will be more potent (they will weigh 10 times more due too water weight. 30 grams fresh = 3 grams dry)."

Did you mean to say less potent?

As for dunking: I haven;t benefited from it personally. It only made my cake take longer to fruit. Bigger fruits maybe, but not the biggest. I wouldn't use H202 because the cake won't become contaminated if you decide to dunk. Since this is your first grow, and you probably want to see results sooner rather than later, I'd suggest you just birth them right into your grow chamber.

Don't worry about contams in the FC too much. The only issues I ever get are from old cakes that have had 3 or four flushes and are about dead. These guys often get contaminated, but even if they are in the same FC as my other cakes that aren't that old, I don't have any sort of plague issues, if you know what I mean.

I suppose eating them fresh or dried is a personal preference, but I can't really give you advice on that, since I don't eat them.

Hope that helps.

--------------------
Anything posted here, is total bullshit.
My Meyers-Briggs Personality: INTJ
New growers, or anyone else just needing help; I'm always glad to help right here. :grin:

We give cultivation advice here. :super:

AMU Q & A - We're glad to help
My Doggy Door Greenhouse!          First Ever Shmuvbox Tek!          Do Manure Right!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies