Home | Community | Message Board

Mycotrop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineNewport101
moorglade
Male User Gallery
Loc: Eastern US
hmmmm did i mess up?
    #5961456 - 08/14/06 03:17 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

i knoe everything i looked at said to use lysol and alchohol to clean and sterilize but i didnt have alchohol so i got clorox wipes. My question is since i wiped my needle down with the clorox wipes in between every jar did i kill hte spores. And even the lysol says "kill bacteria mold mildew and FUNGUS" and since i wiped down both my incubation chamber and fruiting chamber did u fuck it up? thanks

--------------------
save an utter drink a beer

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinexaxphaanes
Mycologist
 User Gallery

Re: hmmmm did i mess up? [Re: Newport101]
    #5961567 - 08/14/06 04:00 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

yea wiping the needle with clorox might have killed only way to find out is by watching them and see if they grow now about the incubation chamber and fruiting chamber incubation chamber should be ok since they are in jars, now on the fruiting chamber i would air it out real well and it shouldnt leave a film on the tub so you should be in the clear there just my 0.2

--------------------
"Anything i say is fictional"
  what you should look for in manure

InvisibleRahz
Alive Again
Male

Re: hmmmm did i mess up? [Re: Newport101]
    #5961650 - 08/14/06 04:49 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I would be suprised if wiping the needle with clorox killed the spores, unless some of it entered the jars. Same with the FC and incubator unless there was direct contact, and even then most should survive.

Go to the store and buy some alcohol. It's a dollar. No reason to skimp on basic things like this if you are serious about growing shrooms.

Also, don't use lysol, it can cause mutants. Stick with alcohol and peroxide.

Rahz

--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love truth awareness peace

“I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did. Not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation