Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebeatnicknick
The Innovator
Male User Gallery

How many pounds of Tennstud's...
    #5958381 - 08/13/06 03:10 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Does 12 rye jars use up? And I'm speaking with the 1:4 ratio (I think thats right...) Because I realised pasteurizing and cutting up straw is a bitch, so for my next grow, I'll be giving away all my PF Tek stuff and going the much more practical rye spawned to poo in a monotub approach. Prepasteurized tennstud stuff, and I wont have to work with vermiculite. I'm going to the store now to get some quart jars, rye (any specific kind? is that the best for grain?) and a new tub (old ones cap lets in gnats) and a pressure cooker, so I'm looking foward to input. Also- this Tennstud stuff, is it worth it? Whats the average shipping time?

EDIT: One more question. How big is a 10 lb bag of shit? A 25 lb? I'm trying to figure out if I can fit this in my closet and if it'll be enough for a good 3 or 4 grows.

--------------------
I don't think for myself. I think as though I'm explaining my thoughts to someone else. I'm concerned only for those listening.

Edited by beatnicknick (08/13/06 03:18 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEraserhead
Lost Soul
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: How many pounds of Tennstud's... [Re: beatnicknick]
    #5958459 - 08/13/06 05:27 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------

Offlinebeatnicknick
The Innovator
Male User Gallery

Re: How many pounds of Tennstud's... [Re: Eraserhead]
    #5958467 - 08/13/06 05:36 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Alright thanks, a 20 lb bag should work for two grows. I can't find rye though. Anyone know where to get it? Specific brand?

--------------------
I don't think for myself. I think as though I'm explaining my thoughts to someone else. I'm concerned only for those listening.

Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
    #5958474 - 08/13/06 05:41 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

Do you have a health food store around you?? That is where I order it from. If you absolutley can't find it locally you can order on the internet.

http://www.purcellmountainfarms.com/Organic%20Rye%20Berries.htm

http://www.simply-natural.biz/Rye-Berries.php

These are both organic suppliers, you may be able to find cheaper Rye through a non-organic source.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

Offlineegodeathparade
person-likesubstance.
Male

Loc: east coast.
    #5958488 - 08/13/06 05:50 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

i was wondering the same thing, hopefully my hpoo will be comparable to tennstud's; just got two 50 pound bags dry hpoo for just under 30 bucks on ebay; looked comparabe to tennstud by the pictures. shipping's a real bitch though, don't know how good tennstud's shipping rates are, i paid more for shipping than i did the actual poo.

Offlineonicko721
I'm only human
Male

Loc: PNW
Re: How many pounds of Tennstud's... [Re: egodeathparade]
    #5958566 - 08/13/06 07:50 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

I find it so amusing that people buy shit on ebay. I really don't know why people just don't get in there cars and go for a drive to a horse paddock. I even live in the middle of  the city and at the race course you can get hpoo. It's nice to go for a Sunday drive and see something new.

Disclaimer:
Sorry I'm just stoned rambling.  :stoned: :tongue2:

Offlinexaxphaanes
Mycologist
 User Gallery

Re: How many pounds of Tennstud's... [Re: onicko721]
    #5958839 - 08/13/06 11:10 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

yea i just got around 300 pounds of hpoo( mostly for storage during rainy months/winter that is coming up) for free some mexicans wanted to get rid of it so i pulled in with a truck hehehe.

--------------------
"Anything i say is fictional"
  what you should look for in manure

Offlinejoker_66599
NOOB / SMALLTIME GROWER
Male User Gallery

Re: How many pounds of Tennstud's... [Re: xaxphaanes]
    #5958897 - 08/13/06 11:34 AM (17 years, 8 months ago)

yeah i am about to go get some free h/poo felt weird calling around and asking but hey it paid off. all i want/need free. only and a empty (45lb) cat little bucket to use and no shovel beside a gardening one lol. It full should last me awhile cause this will be my first h/poo and wbs test.

Joker

--------------------

?¿
¿?
I don't really grow mushrooms I just act like it to be coo.
?¿
¿?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale