Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineflatalbert
MexicanaJalisco,Stamets, andfractals
Loc: One of those corn states
Mass mycelium extraction tek
    #539138 - 02/03/02 09:10 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

Flatalbert's dorm room mass mycelium extraction tek

overview-

So you want psilocybin without hassle? Don't want mushrooms laying around while growing or drying that may be seen by others? Are you tired of teks that take a long time only to produce measly results? Contamination ruining your entire expensive project? Well look no further than Flatalbert's dorm room tek. It will tackle all of these problems by growing non-incrimintating mycelia in a small space. Any contamination can be removed and won't ruin the entire experiment. It will give you large amounts of psilocybin that won't be easily identified as illegal mushrooms. What else do you want?

Some excerpts paraphrased from Adam Gottlieb's "Psilocybin Producer's Guide" to save time. Credit is due to Mr. Gottlieb for spurring this idea. Also due credit are the several honey teks on the net. Thank you for which this tek wouln't exist.

Materials needed:

quart jars with sealing lids $6/dozen at your local grocery
Tin foil $1 roll for covering for sterilization

honey $3 a pound

microwave or double boiler that can hold jars
nail and hammer
Packing tape
spores of your favorite strain
Saccharimeter to measure sugar $15 at your local winemaking store.
rubbing alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, Lysol

ethanol like everclear for extraction $15 at the liquor store
(97% isopropyl alcohol can be used as well if it doesn't leave a residue when evaporated)
coffee filters, cheesecloth, or an old flannel

The medium:

Honey has many anti bacterial properties and is the medium of choice. It works well for most psilocyin bearing spores, especially B+. If you use PDY broth, it works too for Psilocybin Azurescens, which are extremely difficult to produce carpophores under laboratory conditions. The Azurescens strain is especially coveted for it's high potency in mycelium and carpophores. Both mediums work for this method and are very cost effective. Due to the contamination rate experienced with PDY and the simplicity of the honey method, we will focus on honey as the medium. Experimentation and alteration of methods is encouraged to find what method works best for you.

Preparation:
Puch holes in the lids of the jars large enough to stick a spore syringe in. In one of the jars, punch a hole large enough to stick the saccharimeter in as your control jar. This is to measure the sugar content in the jars. I would suggest sticking all of your tools in the dishwasher on a hot cycle. This is just an extra precaution for sterilization. Close all doors in your house and make sure your kitchen has as few drafts as possible. Put a bandana over your nose and mouth and wipe everything down with rubbing alchol. Spray lysol liberally.

Sterilization of the jars:
For those of you that don't have access to a pressure cooker, place your jars (minus the lids) 3/4 of water in each one in the microwave and boil the water. Wipe the lids and seals down with rubbing alcohol. Make sure there is no residue left from the alcohol when you do this. Stir in 1 tablespoon of honey to each pint. Put the lids on and let cool in the microwave.
For those of you with a double boiler, mix in the honey in the jar of a pint of warm water to dissolve. Put the lids of the jars on. Put tinfoil over the tops of the jars and put in them in the double boiler. Put the lid on and bring to a slow boil for 35 minutes. If you smell burnt sugar, the temperature was too high. The sugar carmelized and the experiment needs to be started over because the sugars have carmelized. This was my first mistake. Also, make sure the jars don't boil over. When 35 minutes is up, turn the heat off and let the jars cool in the pot.
I wouldn't recommend pressure cookers. I haven't tried this, but my friend constantly had problems with jars boiling over or carmelizing. I would recommend one of the first two methods. If you can find a good temp for the jars with a pressure cooker, be sure to contact the author at the shroomery.
Let the jars cool completely before innoculation.

Innoculation:
This tek takes for granted that you can obtain or make spore syringes. Also, you can use agar cultures by opening the jar and placing the piece of culture in there. If you are using a syringe, wipe with alcohol and flame the needle with a lighter until red hot and squirt some of the liquid out. Place it in the jar and squirt 3/4 of a cc's in there. Some teks recommend 1-2 cc's, but I find it a bit excessive. Make sure not to touch the mixture inside with the needle. Wipe down the top with rubbing alcohol and place a piece of tape over the hole. Wipe down the saccharimeter with rubbing alcohol. Place it in the medium, measuring the sugar level. This will vary widely at first, but is used to measure the average sugar content in all the jars to know when they are done. After measuring the sugar content in the control jar, wipe down the top with alcohol and place packing tape over it.

Growth:
Shake all the jars for aeration and place then in a dark place. The higher the temperature of your storage place, the faster they will grow. In contrast, the lower the temperature, the higher the potency. Observe the jars every other day and check the sugar in the control jar with your sterilized saccharimeter. Always replace the packing tape after wiping the top of the control jar with alcohol. You will see ropey white strands in the jars, residual spores, and possibly some crud in the bottom from the dissolved honey. If you see odd colors like green growths, purple splotches, or red fuzzies, throw that jar out, because it is contaminated. If you are paranoid about contams, a couple of days after the first signs of growth, put 1cc of hydrogen peroxide in each jar. This may slow the growth of the mycelium a bit, but that is what you sacrifice for purity. Make sure the jars, needle, and tape is clean before and after doing this. You don't want to introduce new contams while trying to prevent them. After a couple of weeks of observing the jars, shake them once more to aerate. The growth should be slowing. Before the sugar runs out, you can suck up syringefuls of mixture to perpetuate your mycelium culture for later. It will colonize faster than spores. When the sugar in the control jar has run out, wait 3 days. According to Adam Gottlieb, this is the highest point of potency and growth. The growing time will vary due to your environmental conditions, there are rough figures.

Harvest:
Now that the jars have reached their full potential, It is time to harvest. Open the jars and dump into cheesecloth, or my preferred method, a flannel from high school. This is to catch all of the mycelia that was grown. If you think that you missed some, get a finer flannel and run it through again. Each jar yeilds quite a few grams of wet mycelium a piece. Be sure not to crush the mycelia when straining because that can damage the mycelia and ultimately the yeild and strength. When you discard the water, you can put it on a compost pile for a rainy day : ) Put the mycelium into a glass baking pan and layer thinly. Place it in a dark, dry spot with a fan running over it for evaporation.

Extraction:
At this point, you can eat the dried mycelium in the same manner that you would eat dried mushrooms, or you can extract to maximize the kick with the least material. When it is dry, add in proportion of 3:2 mycelia/ethanol and place in a sealed tupperware container. If the ethanol is warm, it will speed the process. Wait 7 days and filter the mycelium from the alcohol through a coffee filter. Save the alcohol in another tupperware container, seal, and place in the dark. Add the same proportion of alcohol to the mycelium, put in tupperware, except wait 10 days this time. Add the alcohol to the last batch in the other tupperware container. Repeat for a 3rd time, waiting 14 days. Strain the mycelium and discard. Place the remaining fraction of alcohol with the first two batches. Take the tupperware full of alcohol strainings and evaporate in the dark. If you want to speed the process of evaporation, you can use a warm hairdryer. When there is no liquid left in it, scrape up the residue with a razor blade. Optimally, the residue should contain 25-50% psilocybin and each 100 grams of dried mycelium should yield 2 grams of extracted material according to Gottlieb. The psilocybin residue should be kept in the refrigerator with a silica packet to suck up moisture. The dosage should be on average about 10 mg of psilocybin. Doses of the residue the size of 2 match heads on average have been reported to be sufficient. The dose will vary from individual and how optimal the growing conditions were, and the quality of the extraction. The residue is easily placed in gelatin capsules for easy transport and storage.

This method will work for people with limited budgets, limited resources like being without a pressure cooker, and space constraints like living in a dorm room. Gottlieb talked about running a "perpetual farm" to churn out psilocybin by finding out how long the cycle takes and overlapping the tasks. That is not the point of this tek. It produces enough for personal use and for friends covertly at little cost.

A word on strain degeneration.
The quality of your mycelium and the growth will slow if you keep on transferring mycelium water to the next experiment. I would suggest starting from spores every time, or if you use agar, switch agar types to prevent the breakdown of your strain. If you make syringes from the mycelium water to be used in a kit or another method, they work wonderfully as long as they don't go through generations of doing that. Just a tip.

This paper is for information purposes only. It is not intended to aid in breaking the law. Follow your local laws.
The preceding document may be distributed freely and not sold for profit. It is to remain unaltered in any way. If you want to take credit, write your own tek.

Edited by flatalbert (02/04/02 04:27 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineflatalbert
Re: Mass mycelium extraction tek [Re: flatalbert]
    #539991 - 02/04/02 04:29 AM (22 years, 1 month ago)

I was wondering why the strain degenerates after 2 generations.

Any comments on this tek?

Peace Flatal

Anonymous

#594773 - 03/31/02 05:26 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

A friend called the local winery about a Saccharimeter,They quoted him $135.Where can this tool be purchased for the low price you stated above?

Is there a cheaper alternative?

Thanks

Anonymous

#594996 - 03/31/02 09:47 PM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Could someone help me w/ this?

Im not sure I understand this.

You say that each jar will yield a few g's of wet mycelium,right?
You also say that the extracted residue is 25-50% psilocybin & 100 dry g's of mycelium will yield 2g's of extract.The average dose is 10mg,am I right so far?

Heres my question..2g's of extract at 25-50% psilocybin is what,50-100 doses?
How many jars will it take to make 100 dry g's of mycelium If one jar only gives a few wet grams?That would be a hell of a lot of jars just to get 50-100 doses.

Please someone correct me if Im wrong..I just want to make sense of this.

Thanks

Offlineflatalbert
Re: Mass mycelium extraction tek [Re: ]
    #595249 - 04/01/02 06:04 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks for your interest Dr. Bella,
I was thinking of a specific gravity meter, NOT a saccharimeter, although it would be nice to have one. It is a cheper alternative and works great. I am going to revise all these things when I write MMET 2.0
Peace
Flatal

Offlineflatalbert
    #595254 - 04/01/02 06:20 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Looks like you got the math right Bella,
Yes, it would take alot of SMALL jars. If you use large pickle jars, it isn't so many and can you can fit your whole setup in a steamer trunk and have it continually produce like Gottlieb. It was proposed to me to do it in 5 gallon buckets, but I couldn't figure out how to keep sterility. For now, a FOAF who knows a guy who has worked with 15 8-cup pickle jars and 2 gallon glass jars and got 120 extracted doses after separating the contammed jars out in one swing. That was his preliminary experiment. If you have an experiment to share, please send it to me. I want to see how everything went and I am going to make a troubleshooting guide in version 2.0.
Peace
Flatal

Anonymous

#595274 - 04/01/02 06:44 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks,I still dont see how the 1gal pickle jars will work out.you say a few wet gm's per pint jar.Lets just say2.5..So thats 5/ quart..Im figuring mycelium is 90% water,right? So thats 20 wet gms per pickle jar.

So at 2 dry grams / gal jar..& 100dry grams gives 50-100 doses your only getting 1-2 doses per gallon jar..I dont see how you can fit 100 pickle jars into a trunk.

Like I said,I want to give this a whirl,just want to make it work out first,Please correct me if Im wrong,

Thanks

OfflineGaNjAShRooM
===SPUN===

Loc: Southern United States
    #595296 - 04/01/02 07:35 AM (21 years, 11 months ago)

my honest opinion -u guys are going about this all wrong-you would simply just need to make a herbal tinture using P.G.A. or vodka would work well too :smile:
use it to soak and extract-then cook off and have pure compound-i would even throw in some shrooms in my soak to help out the potency-i am trying it real soon and i will let you know of results-my theory is this-if u can ectract epherdrine out of psueoepidrine then u can extracrt psilocyn,psilocybn and baeocystin-
just do over do the melting point-u can probably use methonal -but they these toxins are water soulable right?
Lee 

--------------------
Cultivation Laws Of America Suck

OfflineThePurpleWiggle
Alpha through omega
I'm a teapot

Loc: Straya
Re: Mass mycelium extraction tek [Re: GaNjAShRooM] * 1
    #26192804 - 09/16/19 09:17 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

I am necroing old threads relevant to the topic of mycelium grown on soft agar as a rapid means of psilo production because I believe to be a largely unknown and unexplored yet still very relevant topic for discussion and experimentation. I note that many are ignorantly opposed to concept, wishing to not face displeasing consequences of my necromancy, if any mods have problem, tell me and I'll stop.

Hi all :smile:
I have never been an active member here or of the DMT nexus, occasional long time lurker. These threads referenced can be found at the bottom of the post.

I not long ago I found an old post of an older tek that had been long forgotten and thought to be bunk due to a reportedly terrible translation.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/7680529

The Brack and Kobel method of psilocybin production.

The claim is that mycelium in some mushrooms (maybe not pan cyans, as one member showed a law enforcement study of pan cyans that tested no psilocybin prior to pinning, though consuming pre-fruited mycelium of Cubes anecdotally produces effect) is active, and it's speed of growth makes it a viable option for rapid actives production. The mistranslation is generally interpreted as myc grown in LC.
However, LC myc catabolises it's actives very quickly at exactly the one week mark and requires close and difficult (complex, apparatus for testing) monitering to be harvested in the small optimal window. The other common mis-interpretation is to grow on hard agar. This results in myc that is unable to penetrate the surface, thereby providing too thin a layer of myc, low yields.

The solution posed is that agar mixed to 1/10th the dilution of hard agar allows for mycelial penetration. and one ought to harvest once the myc has carpeted the surface.

Reportedly effectively done by Brack and Kobel whilst working for sandoz in the 50s, also effectively used to grow sclerotia and fruit from this substrate. The sclerotia is extremely clean and easily harvested, and the agar is rightly priced if using it at 1/10th regular dilution.

The corrected translation of the tek recieved very little interest, admittedly the title and body of text is offputtingly dense in the old post.

I am curious to see if this is a viable tek for producing actives at 6x the speed. (So much more in the fruit, I realise, still I see potential benefit here, grow bulk then and extract to another medium if eating heaps of myc is unappealing, the tek also mentions an extraction tek (I know fast degradation, make some agar jellies with it or mix it with some other protective medium, add flavours too :smile: )

I tried to revive the old thread to little avail. Then I tried making a post in the cultivation thread, mixed responses. A lot of ill will toward the concept. A good point was made by footpath; "Just about everyone knocks what they don't try and don't even take time to read anything legitimate about. They mainly just proliferate speculative rumors from the populous. Ultimately, I am 99% certain that 99% of the people here Do Not have the means to produce anything beyond anecdotal evidence. And that, most of the time, they don't even bother to create that."

Now, please, forgive my arrogance for making three posts on the same topic and necroing an 11 year old thread about an abandoned tek from the 50s. I am curious, and see potential benefit to the community at large, perhaps the advanced crowd will be more likely to share in my curiosity.

I will also post this to the DMT nexus.

I am a noob. I know nothing. I am in process of growing my first PF jars. I have no experience with agar. I am a student on government assistance who has just been kicked out of home and am shortly to live in a tent in the backyard of my law abiding Aunt. My pf jars have had to be moved to another location 3 hours from my Aunts. There will be renovations there in a months time for a month and a half. My jars will have to be spawned to completely autonomous bulk monotubs on my first grow.

I am an avid reader and have a lot of curiosity, that is just about all that is going for me as a cultivator.

If anyone feels any curiosity toward such a beautiful tek, a week, a little agar and some curiosity is the minimum requirements for some results. I believe that others may have favourable conditions, supplies and skills for such experimentation earlier than I will be able to.

Have a go if you will and tell us all how you go :smile:

Look at this, promising anecdotal reports regarding growing strong, active azurescens mycelial mats on agar. Easier than sclerotia even and better substrate for sclerotia too.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/7789758

Here are my other threads in the cultivation sections of the shroomery, the DMT nexus and again, the old post I refer to;
General cultivation shroomery thread -
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/26191459/fpart/1/vc/1

The DMT nexus thread-
https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1013985&#post1013985

The old post on the supposedly correctly translated Brack and Kobel method -
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/7680529

--------------------
All's good :smile:

OfflineStephie
Stranger

Re: Mass mycelium extraction tek [Re: ThePurpleWiggle] * 2
    #26192830 - 09/16/19 09:30 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Dude you should chill with this. I'm not a mod, but you're basically trolling at this point.

I realize some people have been particularly brash with you, but understand you are referecing work that's never been done successfully.

No matter how much you post, there will only ever be 2 outcomes:

1. You do it yourself. Bam, super win.

2. You don't, and you will never see the results.

So again, if this is something that actually interests you then you just need to do it. It accomplishes nothing to bump a bunch of 10-20 year old threads.

OfflineThePurpleWiggle
Alpha through omega
I'm a teapot

Re: Mass mycelium extraction tek [Re: Stephie]
    #26192848 - 09/16/19 09:39 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Alright, I'll stop. I'm also partially motivated by the 50 posts to unlock the marketplace thing I heard about as someone said I may be able to find someone to send some various spore prints to me, an more attractive concept than buying them as after rent I will have $270 per fortnight and the city is expensive. I'll post more passively and recreationally in other sub forums now.

--------------------

Offlinejbgtaa
extraterrestrial
Male User Gallery

Re: Mass mycelium extraction tek [Re: ThePurpleWiggle]
    #26192880 - 09/16/19 10:01 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ThePurpleWiggle said:
Alright, I'll stop. I'm also partially motivated by the 50 posts to unlock the marketplace thing I heard about as someone said I may be able to find someone to send some various spore prints to me, an more attractive concept than buying them as after rent I will have $270 per fortnight and the city is expensive. I'll post more passively and recreationally in other sub forums now.

I think people get banned for that type of behavior on the boards. You cant rack up your posts by resurrecting old shit. If u need prints ill send you some.

--------------------
If the thunder don't get ya, the lightning will.
In another time's forgotten space, your eyes looked through your mother's face.
Trade List
Forever giving away prints. PM at anytime for a free print.

OfflineThePurpleWiggle
Alpha through omega
I'm a teapot

Re: Mass mycelium extraction tek [Re: jbgtaa]
    #26192976 - 09/16/19 11:41 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

To be clear, that's a side benefit of trying to increase the knowledge of this largely theoretical tek and increase the communities knowledge of mushroom science. Would be incredible for some of the medicinal fungus that can take extremely long times to grow too I read a study done regarding this with pleasing results (similiar levels of actives in chaga myc as in fruit body).

--------------------

OfflineThePurpleWiggle
Alpha through omega
I'm a teapot

Re: Mass mycelium extraction tek [Re: Stephie]
    #26192980 - 09/16/19 11:44 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

There are numerous empirical and anecdotal reports of this working.

--------------------

Offlinejbgtaa
extraterrestrial
Male User Gallery

#26192985 - 09/16/19 11:49 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

doesnt matter. the thread is eleven years old. If you have something to input on this topic, you need to do your own experiments and post the results. Nobody cares about your speculations on an unreliable, outdated method of ingesting psilocybin. Have you considered that many of the people here enjoy actually growing the fruit body? were not mycelium fiends who would eat the fucking cakes if theyd just give us a buzz.

Sorry, im not trying to be rude. But thats the truth.

--------------------
If the thunder don't get ya, the lightning will.
In another time's forgotten space, your eyes looked through your mother's face.
Trade List
Forever giving away prints. PM at anytime for a free print.

Edited by jbgtaa (09/16/19 11:58 PM)

OfflineThePurpleWiggle
Alpha through omega
I'm a teapot

Re: Mass mycelium extraction tek [Re: jbgtaa]
    #26192994 - 09/16/19 11:59 PM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Alright, I accept it and I apologise for ruffling so many feathers. Is there a good subforum or members I can PM regarding to inquire about having someone kindly send me gourmet, medicinal and rarer psychoactive spores?

--------------------

OfflineJohnRainy
Stranger

#26192995 - 09/17/19 12:01 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Someone is obsessed.

I think it would be a hell of a lot of work.  You'd be making thousands of these things to get kgs of mycelium. 

It doesn't annoy me if people want to talk about it.  I kind of think that what message boards on the internet are for.  I'm not going to give you or anyone else a blast of shit about it.

OfflineThePurpleWiggle
Alpha through omega
I'm a teapot

Re: Mass mycelium extraction tek [Re: JohnRainy]
    #26193002 - 09/17/19 12:07 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, I'm finding it fascinating, I appreciate the lack of a blast of shit :laugh:. As a student doing an online course, I have some freedom with time to put where I like.

--------------------

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
    #26193200 - 09/17/19 12:07 AM (4 years, 5 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
These methods are largely known. Known as being stupid

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules